Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's your most hated band? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30674)

canabero 04.27.2009 07:11 PM

Firehose, but really i don't hate them they make me cry because they're the worst "musicians" that i ever heard in my life. Untuned guitar, drum whit no pulse. it's a real shit.

Jeremy 04.27.2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe11121
Pearl Jam are okay. For the most part, I find then unappealing, but they do have some good songs. And I could see why people like them, but personally, they do not do much for me.

That's understandable. It's the same thing with Captain Beefheart for me; I just don't get into it. He was hyped so much to me that by the time I finally listened, I thought, "This is the guy so many cream their pants over?".

To each their own, though. :)

~Jeremy~

The Earl Of Slander 04.27.2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy
That's understandable. It's the same thing with Captain Beefheart for me; I just don't get into it. He was hyped so much to me that by the time I finally listened, I thought, "This is the guy so many cream their pants over?".

To each their own, though. :)

~Jeremy~

But earlier in the thread, you put Beefheart as your 4th most hated band ever. I mean I never really "got" the Smiths or post-Clouds Taste Metallic The Flaming Lips or The Talking Heads or whatever other music it is that people go apeshit for and I don't enjoy, but it doesn't mean I claim to hate them. I mean hate is a word I'd reserve for Nickleback or other really worthless crap, not anything with artistic integrity or value.

Actually, I think the only time I regularly "hate" music is when it's shitty stuff by artists I love. Like I kind of would say I hate a lot of 80s Miles Davis or Bob Dylan. And really that's more like disappointment.

Pax Americana 04.27.2009 08:38 PM

Kid Rock. Drop the fuck dead.

Oh and good call on Coheed and Cambria too.

Kuwa_Slayne 04.27.2009 08:49 PM

I'm not really exposed to music that I don't like so I have to go back to my college days for a band that I can't stand: Dave Matthews. Can't stand that Forrest Gump looking motherfucker. Yeah, and Kid Rock can suck it, too.

GravitySlips 04.27.2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canabero
Firehose, but really i don't hate them they make me cry because they're the worst "musicians" that i ever heard in my life. Untuned guitar, drum whit no pulse. it's a real shit.

No.

ZEROpumpkins 04.27.2009 10:18 PM

I enjoy disliking muse and interpol

wellcharge 04.28.2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

more like best musicians ever, i'm gonna get watt tatooed on my forehead

atsonicpark 04.28.2009 12:12 AM

HAHAHAHA.

Firehose the worst "musicians" that i ever heard in my life

??!!!!!!!!!!

This board has really gone downhill.

Rob Instigator 04.28.2009 08:54 AM

I saw fIREHOSE play live in 1993 and it was at a tiny club and it was fucking amazing. ridiculous high energy RAWK

fugazifan 04.28.2009 09:26 AM

the minutemen are my favorite band, but i never got firehose (maybe because i love the minutemen so much)
but to say that george hurley or mike watt are terrible musicians is just ignorant.

canabero 04.28.2009 06:21 PM

Do you know about music? do you know what is tuning a guitar? do you know about rythymn? OK, Mike Watt plays good i understand his ideas, but the drummer's firehose is hoooooooooorrible he don't know nothing he just sit at the drums and do anything that he want that haves nothing to do whit the rest of the music. And that shit that plays guitar, no comments....

davenotdead 04.28.2009 06:29 PM

green day

automatic bzooty 04.28.2009 07:09 PM

yeah - dave matthews, jack johnson, any chill-ass douchebros of that ilk.

fugazifan 04.28.2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Do you know about music? do you know what is tuning a guitar? do you know about rythymn? OK, Mike Watt plays good i understand his ideas, but the drummer's firehose is hoooooooooorrible he don't know nothing he just sit at the drums and do anything that he want that haves nothing to do whit the rest of the music. And that shit that plays guitar, no comments....

yes i think i know something about music
and i dont like firehose that much. but first of all i think his guitar is in tune (if you dont like untuned guitars that much why are you on a SY message board?)
and seconofly
george hurley is one of the bestdrummers in rock. period.
im not that familiar with firehose but from this random youtube search he sounds ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDLMo...eature=related
and mike watt is brilliant.
and if you need further proof of hurley's greatness just listen to any minutemen song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbUEWBmcB4

vulva 04.28.2009 08:18 PM

Probably Radiohead or Opeth.

viewtiful_alan 04.28.2009 09:37 PM

Oh come on... how can ya'll name bands like Radiohead or RHCP when bands like:
Styx
Poison
Nickelback
Theory Of A Dead Man
THE BEEGEES
and Soulja Boy
Exist..?

Decayed Rhapsody 04.28.2009 09:44 PM

The Beegees are actually quite brilliant in the earlier days. I also really like Erasure. They are the gayest, greatest synthpop band ever.

[Sandbag] 04.28.2009 09:47 PM

I don't understand how anyone can 'hate' radiohead to be honest.

amerikangod 04.28.2009 10:21 PM

Jazz.