Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

_slavo_ 08.28.2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
I loved that "I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead" track. Is it one you think is dull? If so maybe I would like it

yes, it sounds very tiresome.
or maybe i'm just too sleepy now (it's almost midnight here)

al shabbray 08.28.2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
oh you already spoke.
well I like it quite a lot, I need to listen better to the first half, coz I got track 7 on loop for most of the time and the subsequent ones are pretty cool imo.

I think that was for slavo...
cause myspace got no 7th track :)

SYRFox 08.28.2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
yes, it sounds very tiresome.
or maybe i'm just too sleepy now (it's almost midnight here)

Ha ha no, I can understand you don't like it, it sounds very "Mogwai", not too original. But I think it's beautiful

al shabbray 08.28.2008 04:18 PM

@Fox
do you got also this happy feeling in your stomache that this thred is growing? :)
I think thats how parents must feel when their kids evolve, hrhrhr

SYRFox 08.28.2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
@Fox
do you got also this happy feeling in your stomache that this thred is growing? :)
I think thats how parents must feel when their kids evolve, hrhrhr

Haha, no, no happy feeling in my stomache. More like ectasy trippin' :eek:

_slavo_ 08.28.2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Ha ha no, I can understand you don't like it, it sounds very "Mogwai", not too original. But I think it's beautiful

Yes indeed. Too bad most of the songs on that album are like that. However, that one called "Daphne and the Brain" has a very strange atmosphere, it stands out quite a bit.
Too bad, there will be no next Young Team nor EP+6

SYRFox 08.28.2008 04:24 PM

I think, at least they evolved from the post rock scheme (quiet. crescendo. explosion. quiet. crescendo. explosion.), even in that "I'm Jim Morrison blablabla" track, so that's good. Most of the post rock lately is just boring because it's always the same thing... I think Mogwai still try some things, that's good

al shabbray 08.28.2008 04:25 PM

I really shoud start to listen to more mogwai, especially the older ones, and I like their name

_slavo_ 08.28.2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

I think, at least they evolved from the post rock scheme (quiet. crescendo. explosion. quiet. crescendo. explosion.), even in that "I'm Jim Morrison blablabla" track, so that's good. Most of the post rock lately is just boring because it's always the same thing... I think Mogwai still try some things, that's good

Yes. The bad thing is they already did it on "Rock Action" which is, in my opinion, a heavily underrated album. Just look at songs like "Secret Pint" - very good, yet far away from shit generic bands like Mono or EITS
We're in the wrong thread anyway.

nicfit 08.28.2008 04:36 PM

you guys should listen to Shora ("Malval") and September Malevolence ("After this dark there's a next"). First is kinda minimal and just perfect production-wise (4 songs), second one is like post-rock-with singing, but really cool imo, both are a bit dark and somewhat "personal".

BTW, slavo, I think that good songs are good songs even if they're not "original". If you get what I mean. And actually I think the production for this mogwai album sounds pretty different from the last couple...can't express good what I mean.

al shabbray 08.28.2008 04:37 PM

erm nicfit.
do you ignoring me after listening to my music? :)

nicfit 08.28.2008 04:40 PM

oh noes!
Did I miss some message addressed to me? I need to check the previous page... I like your stuff! (haven't listened to them all yet coz I switched on other pages with sounds).

al shabbray 08.28.2008 04:41 PM

:Dno message send, just wantd to hear your opinion especially regarding the remixes and also advertising again the fox remix

_slavo_ 08.28.2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

BTW, slavo, I think that good songs are good songs even if they're not "original". If you get what I mean. And actually I think the production for this mogwai album sounds pretty different from the last couple...can't express good what I mean.

I know what you mean, nic. yes, if it's good it doesn't necesarrily need to be original (see around 17 Fall albums). anyways, regarding the production, I hear the bass sounds completely different and the drums sound more spacey, reverb-soaked. which is a good thing, actually.

nicfit 08.28.2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
:Dno message send, just wantd to hear your opinion especially regarding the remixes and also advertising again the fox remix

Oh, I like The Green Tape a LOT, reminds me a bit of Jel's stuff (and a bit of Diesel's stuff too :D, which I adore), also the product is really nice, I don't particlarly like the guy's voice, but it's not your fault ha ha :D.
Above rainclouds is really nice too, I'd add strings somewhere.

al shabbray 08.28.2008 04:48 PM

Above rainclouds is a closed chapter but you are right. its pretty old, but I am emotionally bound to it...
JEL? are you insane, he is one of the maddest drummers ever :)

SYRFox 08.28.2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Yes. The bad thing is they already did it on "Rock Action" which is, in my opinion, a heavily underrated album. Just look at songs like "Secret Pint" - very good, yet far away from shit generic bands like Mono or EITS

Rock Action is the one Mogwai album I know less than the others. Should re-listen to it.

Quote:

We're in the wrong thread anyway.

Ah! This is the wrong thread for nothing :D

_slavo_ 08.28.2008 05:16 PM

anyway, feels good, this wrong thread.

al shabbray 08.28.2008 05:17 PM

this is the only thread that matters!

SYRFox 08.28.2008 05:19 PM

That one thread made me laugh to tears: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24891