Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   whatcha doin? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33868)

dirty bunny 10.16.2009 07:31 PM

watching the Yankees

gmku 10.16.2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
That was the one album of his that took me the longest to really 'get'. I put it down to its length for a long time and then i heard it one night like you described and it seemed to make much more sense. It's still not an album of his that I listen to that often, but at the right time, its perfect.

Exactly. Not a huge fan but sometimes his stuff hits home. Oddly The River is the one Springsteen LP I can return to without much trouble. It has a good live feel to it.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 10.16.2009 07:33 PM

dont mention yanking in front of gumk while hes thinking of satans lap

Satan 10.16.2009 07:36 PM

hahahah

demonrail666 10.16.2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Exactly. Not a huge fan but sometimes his stuff hits home. Oddly The River is the one Springsteen LP I can return to without much trouble. It has a good live feel to it.

Yeah, it's probably his most complete album, i just find it a bit of a slog most of the time. The Wild, The Innocent... is probably the 'lesser' album but it's the one I tend to return to the most. It's also in many ways his least 'Springsteen' like, besides maybe Nebraska (which I've never been that huge a fan of).

gmku 10.16.2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
hahahah

Damn, I wish I hadn't put Crumb on my ignore list so I could know how foul he doth denigrate moi. But figure if CCD posts anything particularly quote-worthy, I'll catch up with him then.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 10.16.2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Damn, I wish I hadn't put Crumb on my ignore list so I could know how foul he doth denigrate moi.

denigrate this right up ya stinkin hairy flabby butt tube

demonrail666 10.16.2009 08:33 PM

lol. classic post

gmku 10.16.2009 08:34 PM

damn. wish I could see it.

gmku 10.16.2009 08:51 PM

Currently listening to...

isn't it a pity... how we break each other's hearts?...

gmku 10.16.2009 09:06 PM

Took the dog out for a poop between fade out of Isn't It A Pity and fade in of What is Life?

Outdoor temp, approx 50 F. Indoors, 66. How come my apartment stays warm w/out the heat on?

Current sounds aside from George: dog gnawing bone, upstairs neighbor's floor creaking.

demonrail666 10.16.2009 09:15 PM

admit it, you're having a nervous breakdown.

gmku 10.16.2009 09:19 PM

It's just my 19th.

terriblecanyons 10.16.2009 09:33 PM

listening to the new tegan and sara album. oh lawwwddddd

Dead-Air 10.17.2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
right.
i felt like apologizing, because i posted the very moment you started telling about whats been going on and i didnt even comment, because i didnt read your post. i dont know, it seemed afterwards impolite and indifferent thing to do.
i ve read, i think everything now and i would say things already said by other people here.
its good to see that you are in THE procedure of cutting emotional ties. they might come back to you, its too soon.
its painful (for her too i believe), but when things cant be other way, its better to break up/move on rather being in a situation where you dont feel good with yourself.
you child of course makes things complicate, but since you are in normal terms with your wife..and when time passes by, it will be easier. times does heal some things.

Honestly, I wish more people had ignored me. Tonight I'm rather drunk and just played a show, and have a radio show tomorrow, and I'm not sure she won't flip out in a way where she throws herself towards me again. And how I'd react I couldn't say, so moving on is very much a mood for the moment, I fear. I kind of feel sorry for the new guy who will have to worry about this shit more than me.

Since everyone is going on about what they are listening to - I'm listening to Throbbing Gristle and it seems to make perfect sense. My friend Pete is on my couch, having played in the group, and he's digging it too. So it's not exactly anti-social. Though we probably won't dance or anything.

phoenix 10.17.2009 06:18 AM

thinking I should take my scabby nail polish off and wash my hair before my interview tomorrow.

thinking about the ink I'm going to get as soon as I have some $

thinking about the appartment Im going to get as soon as I have some $

Dead-Air 10.17.2009 09:00 AM

Good luck with your interview!

I'm watching Baby Einstein videos with Lennon. He loves them, and they're one of the longer things on You Tube. I watch a lot of classic Sesame Street with him, which is cool because I watched them as a kid when they came out, but those are generally pretty short videos.

atsonicpark 10.17.2009 09:00 AM

http://www.budmelvin.com/eden.html

chicka 10.17.2009 10:09 AM

yes good luck with the interview. job hunting is not an easy thing to do these days.

I'm thinking about catching my nephew's H.S. Football game. St. John Prep vs. St John(my nephew's team) A couple of the powerhouses in this state (MA).

whorefrost 10.17.2009 10:15 AM

Listening to Dream Aktion Unit and indulging in a spot of online scrabble. Contemplating another cup coffee. Contemplating getting crazy with the cheese wigz