Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

atsonicpark 04.16.2009 06:48 AM

holy fuck, FIVE reps in a row! thanks guys!!

I always have this problem: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 10:44 AM

i rep everybody all the time because i'm sort of fascinated by the rep system. by 'fascinated' i mean 'whoa! i have no idea how this works or what it's for! awesome!!!'

so i'm glad it's a good thing, even if i'm reppin' your same ol' same ol' sheeeyit. i think i've contracted thurstonitis since i've joined, because it's all ... megakool supersonic like patti smith & darby crash smokin' on allen ginsberg's juicy beard, sukkin on madonna's big d fuh breakfast baybay, in front of that record shop i've been looking for since we've landed in sweden ... to me still.

i have yet to run into the "too much reputation" thing, though.

nicfit 04.16.2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by automatic bzooty

He/she is the chosen one! Unlimited rep power!:eek:

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 11:25 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nicfit again.

AAAAAH MY POWER HAS BEEN REVOKED.

DeadDiscoDildo 04.16.2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
holy fuck, FIVE reps in a row! thanks guys!!

I always have this problem: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Bahahaha, sorry buddy. You'll know what I mean.

DeadDiscoDildo 04.16.2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Give it to me baby! I neeeeeeds the green square

DeadDiscoDildo 04.16.2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Man has two dicks deserves to be moderator up in this bitch, and by this bitch, I mean an AKC registered, full-blooded Yorkie.

What are you saying, I'm dumb.

Sonic Youth 37 04.16.2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
What are you saying, I'm dumb.

Nah, just both the Olsen twins is a lot of power to wield.

nicfit 04.16.2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

I did it. I just wanted you to feel useless for a second, and show that all members are equal. Except for me. I'm special.

automatic bzooty 04.16.2009 12:46 PM

Some members are more equal than other members...

SY Gossip is the red Cold War unicorn, eh?

nicfit 04.16.2009 12:49 PM

floatingslowly 04.16.2009 12:58 PM

for the newer people:

rep is good for one thing: chargin' yr lazerz for harder hitting neg-reps.

so, for those who set goals, here's how it goes:

01. post something stupid.
02. DELETE IT.
03. make it more stoopider.
04. reap rep.
05. realize that atari2600, although volatile, is often right.
06. search all of atari's posts until you find the one stating too much green rep actually a bad thing.
07. post more stupid shit anyways.
08. see step 4.
09. while at maximum power: FIRE LAZER SALVO (random targets are best)
10. self-destruct.
11. ?????
12. profit.

I hope this helps.

:)

Quote:

although Sparkle-Glitter-Unicorn is the official mascot of SYG, current technology does not allow strapping ICBM's to it's back (yet).

DeadDiscoDildo 04.16.2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Some members are more equal than other members...

Like me.

I've been here less than half as long as more than half of you all. And Im already on the second page of rep. But I need to be on the first. At least top 5. By the end of the month.

Get on it!

floatingslowly 04.16.2009 01:09 PM

I couldn't possibly (again).

DeadDiscoDildo 04.16.2009 02:06 PM

:-P

joe11121 04.16.2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

i rep everybody all the time because i'm sort of fascinated by the rep system. by 'fascinated' i mean 'whoa! i have no idea how this works or what it's for! awesome!!!'

so i'm glad it's a good thing, even if i'm reppin' your same ol' same ol' sheeeyit. i think i've contracted thurstonitis since i've joined, because it's all ... megakool supersonic like patti smith & darby crash smokin' on allen ginsberg's juicy beard, sukkin on madonna's big d fuh breakfast baybay, in front of that record shop i've been looking for since we've landed in sweden ... to me still.

Rep is the best thing on message boards, for the past few days, I've been spreading it around like crazy.

VacuumChild 04.16.2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
Nice name. It's from Mote, right? Welcome to the blue screen that is the Sonic Youth message board.

Yeah...

It's my favorite SY song (along with The Sprawl and Dirty Boots).

By the way... thanks ;)

salu2.

STJ.
KORITFW!

joe11121 04.16.2009 10:44 PM

Welcome all newcomers.

greedrex 04.17.2009 08:33 AM

wow Chabib opened the gates of hell .

bloodcrystallisetosand 04.27.2009 06:43 PM

How do? I'm a (whisper it so the tax payers don't hurt me) student, of the philosophical inclination. I spread the Sonic gospel to all, often in my one SY t-shirt, which is the needlessly garish lime-green DV'69 one. Album that got me hooked was Sister, used to listen to it at full blast when I worked as a kitchen porter in a nursing home, christ knows what it did to the minds of the poor alzheimers-ridden old ladies as it seeped into their brains through the floor.... not sure which my favourite of all time is, but I've listened to the 1999-13-06 bootleg more than anything else by them in the last 6 months (you know, the one when they supported the new york quartet, ace recording, did tenney's '....percussion' and stil and expressway, what a set!). I try to convince people that Silver Session is a legitimate album, and have upset several people with my endevours. Only seen the yoof once proper on the DN tour (and thanks to everyone who sorted out the links for the vid of the encore w/corsano flower duo! :) ), but saw thurston at the colour out of space fest w/ nace n corsano again. Other tastes go from beatles to cream to stooges to zep to can to sabbath to neu! to magazine to pil to siouxsie to cocteau twins to spacemen 3 to mbv to smashing pumpkins to bjork to early oasis to sleater-kinney to acid mothers temple to merzbow to queen adreena (in roughly chronological order). Er, thats more than enough for now... Oh! fave sy song is diamond sea (hence my nick), BUT the 26 min. single b-side/destroyed room version cuz it's more blissed and loopy and lush than the album one, which is only 19 poxy minutes long and goes all dissonant at the end :D

greatrayray 04.27.2009 09:15 PM

Hello internets. I'm greatrayray, a strapping young lad from new jersey who resents music television like anyone with half a brain should.

but i digress. daydream nation gave me my first taste of SY about 9 months ago, but the Goo vids got me hooked. As of right now i'd consider myself a pretty solid fan, and right now I'm digging hits of sunshine, do you believe in rapture? & expressway to yr. skull.

i hope to attend my first SY show at the Electric Factory this summer.

if you want to find me, my other stomping grounds are on the flaming lips forums, where i will continue to comment obsessively :P

Um...

i play a bunch of instruments and my goals include growing ironic facial hair and getting paid to blow shit up.

i hope you'll find me as an essential member on the SY boards. Cheers.

StevOK 04.27.2009 09:42 PM

Welcome to you both! Got a link to the FLips board, rayray? I've been thinking about joining a FLips board, but have been too lazy thus far.

greatrayray 04.27.2009 10:00 PM

lol i have no idea if you got that link... for some reason, my posts aren't showing up.

(i look like a real n00b right now)

StevOK 04.27.2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatrayray
lol i have no idea if you got that link... for some reason, my posts aren't showing up.

(i look like a real n00b right now)

Uh, no I didn't get it. I think for some reason new users' links are being blocked. It happened in a couple other threads. I think it's an anti-spam measure.

Is it http://flaminglips.infopop.cc/eve ?

greatrayray 04.27.2009 11:24 PM

yup. welcome aboard :D

floatingslowly 04.28.2009 08:57 AM

we need less strapping young lads and more strapping young ladies.

go back to the hell from whence ye came, foul daemons.

Count Mecha 04.28.2009 06:13 PM

Hmm, probably should've hit this thread first when I first registered.

Long time lurker finally broken down. I owe this board quite alot. Probably never would've gotten into Deerhoof, Bardo Pond, Sun City Girls, Thinking Fellers Union Local #282, Polvo, Slint, Lightning Bolt, Captain Beefheart and plenty of others without this board. Well maybe eventually, but it probably would've taken alot longer. The Sun City Girls are Wacked and Wonderful! is one of my favorite threads.

Hmm, I got into Sonic when I was 13 I think(I'm 21 now). My brother gave me a tape of Experimental Jet Set and I really absorbed the hell out of it, I enjoy it alot. Then one day I taped the Silver Rockets, Kool Things documentary and decided I had to track down whatever album had Teen Age Riot on it. For the longest time after that I thought Titanium Expose was called Sugar Kane because of that doc. And it just goes from there.

I'm a big fan of film, music, the music goes without saying, but I feel compelled to mention it, um retro PC gaming, some television and all that other basic stuff.

I play guitar, drums, bass on occasion but with no real skill on the bass. I'll start playing my piano more actively eventually. I have one band, tried to work in three others but all fell through.

I hate college and some say I type too much. Anyway, it's fun to have finally registered.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2009 01:20 AM

Have you played the Bucky O'Hare game for NES?

It's quite an intense experience.

Count Mecha 04.29.2009 02:04 PM

Yeah, but only on an emulator, and the rom was corrupt, so it was impossible to beat one of the stages. And yeah, it was pretty intense. Maybe not Megaman intense, but it's a fun game I think.

00_Spool 04.30.2009 06:53 AM

Hi, Well i used to be on this board a while back under the username Saucer-Like, i think. I stopped posting a couple of weeks before the new board was put up, mainly because my computer broke down. And to save the people reading this from a very tedious story i didn't get get back on the internet until recently and i've been trying to register ever since but for some reason it had been disabled by the administrator. Anyway nice to be back, hope everyone is well.

floatingslowly 04.30.2009 09:32 AM

my cat meows some.

mentally you picture my cat, but I have not told you the type of cat which I have.

perhaps you even picture Sailor, from Wild at Heart.

but I warn you, my cat is always with me. MEOW.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.30.2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Yeah, but only on an emulator, and the rom was corrupt, so it was impossible to beat one of the stages. And yeah, it was pretty intense. Maybe not Megaman intense, but it's a fun game I think.

My cartridge has the same problem. One of the bosses is impossible to beat, but I just use the password sytem to get around it. It's one of the best platformers on the NES.

NaiveMelody 04.30.2009 01:24 PM

So hello, I just joined. I figured it would be a fun way to pass the time when I'm supposed to be working. :) Desk jobs are great. Anyway, I'm 26/f and I live in Montgomery, AL. Jello. :)

floatingslowly 04.30.2009 01:31 PM

you had me at /f!

ooh and you smoke too. smoking is sexy. I do it all the time.

NaiveMelody 04.30.2009 01:36 PM

Well, I heard somewhere that all the cool kids are doing it, so I had to jump off the cliff too. Just call me a lemming.

sarramkrop 04.30.2009 01:37 PM

Welcome to all you newbies.

floatingslowly 04.30.2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaiveMelody
Well, I heard somewhere that all the cool kids are doing it, so I had to jump off the cliff too. Just call me a lemming.

you just gave me inspiration to quit. I'm not very cool at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
you newbies.

^^^ I see what you did there.

NaiveMelody 04.30.2009 01:41 PM

I'm not very cool either. But I play a cool kid on tv.

floatingslowly 04.30.2009 01:44 PM

OMG we are going to be BEST friends. I play a rocket surgeon on the internet.

sarramkrop 04.30.2009 01:45 PM

What did I do?