Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

gmku 08.23.2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous

the 10" EP, not the green 7" single

marianne faithfull? i like that album a lot.

Oh, man, that pink vinyl is beautiful! I'm jealous.

gmku 08.23.2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

marianne faithfull? i like that album a lot.

yeah, one that gets overlooked, but I think it's stunning. Found a great replacement copy, by the way.

Hip Priest 08.23.2006 10:27 AM

I haven't bought an LP for a while, but today I was lucky enough to find five old vinyl EPs in Hairy Records in Liverpool:

Four by Gaye Bykers on Acid (a perennial favouite): Janice Long Session, Nosedive EP, Git Down (Shake Your Thang), Everything's Groovy

And the one I'm most pleased about: Frankfurter's (The Stupid's side-project) only recording, 'Eat EP'. Eight tracks of fun genius.

sonicl 08.23.2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Gaye Bykers on Acid (a perennial favouite): Everything's Groovy

And the one I'm most pleased about: Frankfurter's (The Stupid's side-project) only recording, 'Eat EP'. Eight tracks of fun genius.

You lucky lucky bastard! I used to have both those, and loved them.

Hip Priest 08.23.2006 10:32 AM

The Frankfurter's Ep is something I've genuinely sought out over the years with no success - whenever I go into a vinyl shop I try to recall all the stuff Peel used to play! It's still got the cartoon lyric sheet thing too. Cost me six quid mind, so it should have.

I remember John Peel playing 'Hot Babes' and 'Inbred Zombies', so I was a bit chuffed about finding it. I think they did a Peel session with a song called 'We're Gonna Eat John Peel' - I'd love to have that too!

If you're keen, and want the EP put onto tape, just PM me. It'd be a pleasure.

Bunbury 08.23.2006 11:28 AM

real life- joanaspolicewoman

therealglenstyler 08.25.2006 06:58 AM

champion sounds by Jaylib
fugedaboudit

Pookie 08.25.2006 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
The Frankfurter's Ep is something I've genuinely sought out over the years with no success - whenever I go into a vinyl shop I try to recall all the stuff Peel used to play! It's still got the cartoon lyric sheet thing too. Cost me six quid mind, so it should have.

I remember John Peel playing 'Hot Babes' and 'Inbred Zombies', so I was a bit chuffed about finding it. I think they did a Peel session with a song called 'We're Gonna Eat John Peel' - I'd love to have that too!

If you're keen, and want the EP put onto tape, just PM me. It'd be a pleasure.

I think I still have the Frankfurter EP. I also had the first 3 or 4 Stupids LP's but I can't remember what I've sold and what I haven't.

Hip Priest 08.25.2006 07:56 AM

I've only got the 'Peruvian Vacation' LP. Wanna swap a Stupids mixtape for a Gaye Bykers on Acid mixtape?

against_the_grain 08.26.2006 11:59 AM

The Flaming Lips....At war with the mystics.

Upon first listening I didn't like the first tune...but the rest blew me away !! I love it.

I saw them in the early 90s with the Butthole Surfers and Stone Temple Pilots, but at the time I was meandering around and didn't give them the listen I should've.....I regret that.

Cantankerous 08.26.2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
I think I still have the Frankfurter EP. I also had the first 3 or 4 Stupids LP's but I can't remember what I've sold and what I haven't.

spookie weren't we talking about that veruca salt single awhile back?

the 10" is pale pink and the 7" is green.

drrrtyboots 08.26.2006 12:28 PM

finding nobody 08.26.2006 02:08 PM

Pookie 08.27.2006 04:00 AM

Quote:

spookie weren't we talking about that veruca salt single awhile back?

the 10" is pale pink and the 7" is green.

Yes we were. I've got the 7" somewhere still, but as I've got nothing to play it on, if I find it I'll just have to stare at it.

Iain 08.28.2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots

What's this one like? And is this the vinyl one they did recently or the cd?

IntoTheGroovey 08.28.2006 05:28 PM

Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow

krastian 08.29.2006 12:05 AM

Nice ass pick ups hypertonic.

Hip Priest 08.29.2006 08:52 AM

An old BBC cassette of Bix Beiderbecke.

Pookie 08.29.2006 08:57 AM

Savage Clone 08.29.2006 09:07 AM

Nurse With Wound - Stereo Wastelands
"A Collection Of Musical Debris From The Original 'Who Can I Turn To Stereo?' Sessions."

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
A really excellent album; can't get enough of this one.