Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café III (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104665)

an evening with viewtiful 05.07.2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
a pretty good Drake song. Not a good lead single for a Carter album

my feelings exactly. When I first spotted that the song dropped I only had a small window of time to check it out, so I sort of scanned through it to get the gist of it (as is usually adequate for Wayne songs) and felt like I had to really explore the timeline to find Wayne on the track at all...

:confused:

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2014 07:38 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2014 07:39 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2014 07:45 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2014 07:45 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.07.2014 07:46 PM

noisereductions 05.07.2014 08:55 PM

awesome post suchfriends.

the newest episode of the Combat Jack podcast has Scarface on it. Honest to goodness, dood picks up an acoustic guitar and starts playing Pink Floyd. Total "this is why I love music" moment.

louder 05.08.2014 05:39 AM

1. Pinata
2. Clivia
3. Welcome To Fazoland
4. Honest
5. Beach House EP
6. Z

can't stop listening to this Lil Herb mixtape.. updated. :)

louder 05.08.2014 02:35 PM

"That's That" from Born Like This is so amazing.

maybe my fav DOOM track of all time.

louder 05.08.2014 06:01 PM

the King Geedorah album will never cease to amaze me.

beautiful sci-beats by DOOM and the guests provide some classic verses.

noisereductions 05.08.2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
the King Geedorah album will never cease to amaze me.

beautiful sci-beats by DOOM and the guests provide some classic verses.

always tell you that's my fav Doom record.

louder 05.09.2014 03:30 AM

i can see why. :) i don't think i can even rank his albums like that anymore. i used to think of Madvillainy as his absolute masterpiece, but it really isn't.

noisereductions 05.09.2014 07:50 AM

nah. Madvillainy is a great album. Super solid. But not even my Top 5 DOOM. It's more a gateway album. Very accessible. Plus a lot of dudes knew the Madlib name right? Sucked em in. But I mean Take Me To Your Leader, Operation Doomsday, Vaudeville Villain... there's so much way better deeper stuff. No diss to Madvillain whatsoever. Brilliant record for sure. "Strange Ways" is my fav on there. But but but look at Geedorah w/ "Phazers," "Fast Lanes," "No Snakes Alive," "Anti-Matter," it's just... omg what a record.

louder 05.10.2014 03:15 PM

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/02/issue-liquid-wisdom-album

a new mixtape by E-40's son.

Quote:

Despite his famous lineage, he wears an MF Doom style mask to hide his face due to shyness. "I'm a very shy person. Music helps a lot with that because I can explain how I feel. The mask helps too," he said.

louder 05.11.2014 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
Drilluminati 2 is fucking tight

finally got around listening to this. there's so much generic drill out there, y'know? but the good stuff are so good. haha.

i'm constantly looking for more projects with a sound like Chief Keef's "Back From The Dead".

drill is pretty fascinating to me. it was a big influence on Yeezus, and i can see it evolving in great ways.

--

Da Mafia 6ix' tape from last year is surprisingly dope.

i know how much you guys like Mystic Stylez (seriously, who doesn't?), so you need to download it.

Derek 05.11.2014 11:44 AM

Yeah, I love that tape. R.I.P. Lord Infamous :(

Derek 05.11.2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Ohhhhh looks good.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.11.2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Ohhhhh looks good.

Whoa! I grew up with a bunch of dudes who rapped, free-styled, and made beats when we were in high school. I never met a SINGLE 17-year old then or since who could make beats and rap like this, I can only imagine when this dude gets older what kind of music he will be making!

its not bad. More interesting beat and instrumentation wise than Droop E, clearly going more for Art-Rap than Hyphy but its working.. I like that he is going for a persona, that is my favorite part about Art-Rap.. ALL rappers are a character or persona, its not necessarily entirely themselves what you see on stage, and often their raps aren't strictly autobiographical, they're telling the story. Art-Rap just is more open about it

foreverasskiss 05.11.2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

some of this is freaking awesome. so he likes tea?

louder 05.12.2014 10:26 AM

there's more Lil B in him than MF DOOM.