Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

A Thousand Threads 04.16.2014 04:46 AM

Severian 04.18.2014 07:50 AM

New Afghan Whigs:

This Slothrust record (it's so so)

Thee Oh Sees - Drop (Damned if I don't love this band more with each release. This new one is something different. I fear there may be haters. But it's clear why Thee Oh Sees are pretty much the kings of the game at the moment.)

Rob Instigator 04.21.2014 10:25 AM

I did not go to RSD, because I could care less this year, but I did go on Friday to all my local haunts and found some choice used items!

Got this on double LP for under $7

This bad boy was PRISTINE 2XLP

Got this for $3. Trying to check out Ray's older output.

65 tV show themes from 50's-75

Rob Instigator 04.21.2014 10:33 AM

I got some other stuff too, but cannot remember now.

_tunic_ 04.21.2014 12:34 PM

I went to the wrong store on RSD day and bought a plant ;)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.21.2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Warpaint-lp.

I was disappointed with this record.. I've just had to accept the reality that the Warpaint sound that I like was their edgier, heavier, live version circa 2009 when they focused more on guitar feedback. Its ok, there are a lot of bands that I've had to accept this, and abandon all hope for studio albums and instead embrace bootlegs of live performances BUT, I though Warpaint had some serious potential. Seems I was wrong, on their records they wanted to sound more like Haim and less like PJ Harvey :(

an evening with viewtiful 04.21.2014 04:20 PM

Picked these two up on heavy duty vinyl for RSD (15% off cuz I waited til the next day to go out.. score)

EVOLghost 04.23.2014 07:24 AM

w00t!!
I found them at NOT ridiculous prices.

Rob Instigator 04.23.2014 08:29 AM

what is that ^?

EVOLghost 04.23.2014 08:50 AM

Japan RSD releases!

the first two are LP of Seiko Oomori(idol with an acoustic guitar who don't give a fuck...she also performs with a band). I was surprised someone lowered the price so quickly.(6k yen for both!!)...I thought I was going to have to wait a couple months.

the 2nd is the Kyary Picture disc(jpop)....I wasn't worried about this one. There are a lot and well.....yeah...last couple were easy to get a hold of.

Severian 04.26.2014 01:46 PM

Severian 04.26.2014 02:44 PM

The Space Project was (along with J. Pierce & Kid Millions live jam, which I didn't end up getting) my #1 pick for RSD. I didn't get it on the day of, but Lefse is not just setting it up as a one day thing, fortunately. It's on vinyl, CD, and digital download, I think. So I ordered it, for RSD, and the record store received more copies the next day and called me.

It's one of the best albums of the year so far, even though it may not actually qualify as an album. I fucking love the Spiritualized track. But I fucking live Spiritualized, goddammit, and I always fucking will, so that comes as no surprise.

I suggest everyone check it out. Don't be daunted by names like "beach house" on the track list. Even the boring bands did a killer job here, and I can't stop listening to the whole thing from start to finish.

Severian 04.26.2014 02:49 PM

But I was really disappointed that the Flaming Lips Sgt. pepper cover, which was probably in actuality their April fools joke, since I am pretty sure I did see "Flaming Side of the Moon" next to that boring condensed version of their 2012 24 hour song, was not actually released on RSD.

I read on brooklynvegan, dancedancedeath, and other scattered blogs that it was really going to happen, and be ready for RSD 2014... But DDD posted a retraction, and I haven't heard anything else.

It's a ridiculous idea, but it's perfect for the Flaming Lips. That shit irks me.

Severian 04.26.2014 03:47 PM

Oh and I also bought:
Jacaszek -Glimmer

Com Truise - Galactic Melt

Labradford - MI MEDIA NARANJA

Mortte Jousimo 04.27.2014 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian

This is really great!

an evening with viewtiful 04.27.2014 11:38 AM

And on vinyl:

Torn Curtain 04.27.2014 11:58 AM

Ordered:

an evening with viewtiful 04.27.2014 12:21 PM

Just discovered I had some left over funds on an amazon gift card, just ordered Low by David Bowie

Severian 04.27.2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an evening with viewtiful
Just discovered I had some left over funds on an amazon gift card, just ordered Low by David Bowie

You can't go wrong there. The only Bowie solo I'd place above it is Station to Station. Low is fucking incredible.

pad_023 04.28.2014 05:41 AM

Picked this up, so excited for it, it seems Liz Harris is reissuing Roy's back catalog. It's going to be great to get it all on wax.