Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Savage Clone 01.29.2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Perhaps it's the quality of the picture but they looked like those tight black jeans that seem ever so fashionable at the moment.

They are?
TAKE THAT, KEGMAMA!
I have been wearing those tight black jeans for years. You know, when I don't go for the leather.
Looks like I am in style after all!

jon boy 01.29.2007 05:28 PM

leather trousers are in no way in style. IN NO WAY.

Savage Clone 01.29.2007 05:31 PM

I was referring more to my everyday non-leather clothing.
I have always been prepared to take some crap for the leather whatnot.

Glice 01.29.2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
They are leather.
I appreciate the solidarity from Glice, even if he never posts pics of himself.

I have my reasons. Generally that I don't keep pictures of myself (I'm surprised everyone else does), and also that there aren't that many pictures of me without a beer or a fag (cigarette) in my hand, and that's not entirely appropriate for something that kids might see.

*Edit: Oh, and I'm so very, very good looking everyone else would probably just kill themselves in jealousy.

Savage Clone 01.29.2007 05:39 PM

It's so heartening to see your concern for the moral fiber of the minors.

jon boy 01.29.2007 05:42 PM

hayden probably would but anything sets him off^

cuetzpalin 01.29.2007 05:42 PM

anyone said leather?

jon boy 01.29.2007 05:50 PM

men, or indeed women should not wear leather trousers exept for the purposes of sexual pleasure time.

porkmarras 01.29.2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

They are?
TAKE THAT, KEGMAMA!
I have been wearing those tight black jeans for years. You know, when I don't go for the leather.
Looks like I am in style after all!

It's been a couple of years since that whole tight black jeans/fake metal look on ultra skinny boys and girls look made its first appearance amongst the hoxton twats.If you match those with a sensible cardigan,a brightly coloured belt and hybrid shoes,you will be updated for the new generations.

Savage Clone 01.29.2007 06:09 PM

I'm glad I'm not a girl who's concerned with "what's in" right now.
Then I would have to wear those horrible suede boots with fuzzy trim on them, and tuck my jeans into them besides. Not a fan of those boots. They are everywhere.

Iain 01.29.2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

It's been a couple of years since that whole tight black jeans/fake metal look on ultra skinny boys and girls look made its first appearance amongst the hoxton twats.If you match those with a sensible cardigan,a brightly coloured belt and hybrid shoes,you will be updated for the new generations.

Don't forget the plug earring thing that gives you a massive hole in your lobe and an asymmetrical, black, spikey haircut and a skinny miserable face.

porkmarras 01.29.2007 06:12 PM

Leather trousers can look really cool on the right person.Some people pull it off in a good way but most people look slightly ridicolous.Loop or early Primal Scream used to master that kinda thing really well.

cuetzpalin 01.29.2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

I'm glad I'm not a girl who's concerned with "what's in" right now.
Then I would have to wear those horrible suede boots with fuzzy trim on them, and tuck my jeans into them besides. Not a fan of those boots. They are everywhere.

thank god for normal guys!

cuetzpalin 01.29.2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Leather trousers can look really cool on the right person.Some people pull it off in a good way but most people look slightly ridicolous.Loop or early Primal Scream used to master that kinda thing really well.

imagine kurt cobain in leather trousers:rolleyes:

porkmarras 01.29.2007 06:15 PM

I went to Camden yesterday and,oh my dear,some people still dress like punks and goths and drink on the street while shouting abuse at passers-by and ask for spare change.Normally outside The Underworld where all the metal/gothic bands play.I don't particularly mind that but it's not something that i'd do myself.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.29.2007 06:22 PM

i dont wear leather pants,

but,
i feel so good in my leather boots
i feel so quick in my leather boots

cuetzpalin 01.29.2007 06:26 PM

well there are leather boots and leather boots..

Savage Clone 01.29.2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuetzpalin
well there are leather boots and leather boots..

Indeed.
There is almost nothing I like more than a beautiful girl in some nice boots, but these fuzzy-suede things are an abomination.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.29.2007 07:05 PM

my leather boots are something like this:

i dont wear them every day...

and i do have some old tight black jeans... are they in vogue? were they in vogue 2 years ago when i bought them? i dont care...

Danny Himself 01.29.2007 07:07 PM

Pfft. Scenester.