Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

chocolate_ladyland 06.29.2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasx
What kind of music is Lee Gamble? I've never heard of it.

diversions is experimental electronic/ambient while dutch tvashar plumes is more techno based. really good stuff, as is most of the stuff put out on the PAN label

Genteel Death 07.02.2013 04:31 AM

Clockcleaner - Frogrammer 7''

El Jesus De Magico - Klip Aught 7''

Toilet & Bowels 07.05.2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

Clockcleaner - Frogrammer 7''

El Jesus De Magico - Klip Aught 7''

I saw those in Music & Video exchange last week.

Toilet & Bowels 07.05.2013 03:04 PM

The vinyl version of the new Wolf Eyes album has finally come out after about a 3 month delay, so picked that up today. The other day I picked up 7"s from Bathtub Shitter, The Yag People, and Finally Punk

Genteel Death 07.06.2013 06:15 AM

That's where I got them from.

Toilet & Bowels 07.06.2013 07:25 AM

I figured

Savage Clone 07.08.2013 08:01 AM

Not strictly "the last album I bought," but is probably the best "significant piece" I have gotten in some time....

V/A - Black Mass Rising 3xLP+DVD Box

Not a bum track on this thing. Totally worth it.

All these bands:

Aluk Todolo, Bobby Beausoleil, Burial Hex, Cultus Sabbati, Demonologists, Entrance Band, Ga'an, Horror Illogium, In Zaire, Kinit Her, L'Acephale, Makoto Kawabata, Master Musicians Of Bukkake, Mater Suspiria Vision, Menace Ruine, Mourning Ring, Rose Croix, Sayona, Shazzula, Sum Of R, Sylvester Anfang II, Yoga

Gorgeous packaging, great pressing, beautifully curated. Amazing.

tripsk 07.13.2013 08:23 AM

my friend got me MBV on vinyl. pretty cool

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.14.2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Amoeba in SF is amazing to say the least

Its cool for the nostalgia and that its adjacent to Golden Gate Park BUT the one here in LA is so much better. Though, its not what it used to be. Way overpriced now that its less competitive with all the record shops closing, some of the prices on used shit is fleecing rip offs! In fact, I haven't been there in years now and I used to go at least twice a month. Of course, part of it is that is because you can no longer swap the price tags ;)

Severian 07.14.2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Not strictly "the last album I bought," but is probably the best "significant piece" I have gotten in some time....

All these bands:

Aluk Todolo, Bobby Beausoleil, Burial Hex, Cultus Sabbati, Demonologists, Entrance Band, Ga'an, Horror Illogium, In Zaire, Kinit Her, L'Acephale, Makoto Kawabata, Master Musicians Of Bukkake, Mater Suspiria Vision, Menace Ruine, Mourning Ring, Rose Croix, Sayona, Shazzula, Sum Of R, Sylvester Anfang II, Yoga

I really want this. Nobody has it nearby. New mission!

Savage Clone 07.14.2013 07:12 PM

No one here would generally stock such a thing either, though there are a couple of places where it would make sense on the shelf. I ordered it from Eclipse mailorder. Ed is a good guy.

Severian 07.17.2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

No one here would generally stock such a thing either, though there are a couple of places where it would make sense on the shelf. I ordered it from Eclipse mailorder. Ed is a good guy.

I placed an order but I want to hear it now! It's not apparently worth Apple's time, and that means its probably not worth any other legit mp3 seller's time. Which means it's probably beastly as all hell, and makes me want to hear it even more!

Doubt torrenting would be a hell of a lot of help. I'll just wait for that sweet sweet vinyl to come in the mail.

Bytor Peltor 07.18.2013 08:38 PM

A BLRR box arived today:

Mortte Jousimo 07.19.2013 01:28 PM

Finally got this! It´s amazing, definitely one of the greatest albums of the nineties!

Rob Instigator 07.19.2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

All these bands:

You always get the craziest shit Savage

Severian 07.21.2013 12:21 PM

EVOLghost 07.21.2013 01:22 PM

EVOLghost 07.21.2013 01:25 PM

Severian 07.21.2013 03:11 PM

I also bought a Pagoda album for $1.00 simply because it was an ecstatic peace release. It's not good.

Dr Chocolate 07.22.2013 07:06 PM

the newest pressing of FREAK OUT by The Mothers Of Invention

(original 1966 stereo mix -> 1987 digital transfer)

yeah yeah, it's not a true analog album
fucking here we go again
sounds a fuck of a lot better then the Ryko cd