Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

gmku 06.06.2012 03:23 PM

A bit too early-70s boogie rock sounding for my tastes. But thanks.

EVOLghost 06.06.2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
been considering getting that, it's kinda pricey for my taste but a siiiick looking picture disc and pretty good album

Twas only 18 bucks. I missed out on totem 1 and regret it.

Torn Curtain 06.06.2012 05:41 PM

peelslowly 06.06.2012 08:26 PM

medicine - shot forth self living

Genteel Death 06.07.2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
A bit too early-70s boogie rock sounding for my tastes. But thanks.

What??? Have you gone avant-garde now and started listening to Ride and Boris? Well done mate.

Pookie 06.08.2012 03:50 AM

I bought this from LF Records
HÁKARL/DANIEL ALEXANDER HIGNELL - BAMBI

and they sent this one for free!
DUNCAN BRUCE - NEW GLASS TAPU

gmku 06.08.2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What??? Have you gone avant-garde now and started listening to Ride and Boris? Well done mate.

Your misperceptions of me have always been amusing. Essentially you think that since I'm "older" I must be like a lot of people my age who never got into any other kind of music besides what they grew up on. And that I've never been adventurous in my musical interests.

EVOLghost 06.08.2012 08:25 AM

^ seriously...you do have a pretty good taste in music if I say so myself....which really shouldn't mean anything.....because my taste in music is shit.......

Genteel Death 06.08.2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Your misperceptions of me have always been amusing. Essentially you think that since I'm "older" I must be like a lot of people my age who never got into any other kind of music besides what they grew up on. And that I've never been adventurous in my musical interests.

I think it's more amusing that you amuse yourself with my misperception of you while I'm only amusing myself with your perception of my perception of you. We are a barrel of laughs we are.

gmku 06.08.2012 09:40 AM

Well, you are a funny one, Porky, I'll give you that.

gmku 06.08.2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ seriously...you do have a pretty good taste in music if I say so myself....which really shouldn't mean anything.....because my taste in music is shit.......

I don't know. I am finding it increasingly difficult to find new stuff that means much to me. I have to assume this is me--although I've always been very open to new stuff. So I'm not sure what's going on. I just haven't heard much in the last couple of years that really hits home with me.

Severian 06.08.2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Well, you are a funny one, Porky, I'll give you that.

That's very generous of you.

gmku 06.09.2012 08:18 AM

Oh, you're the real Porky? Or are there two of you now? (God help us.)

EVOLghost 06.09.2012 08:39 AM

Today I'll be ordering this.
(ai aso)

And her7" with wata

gmku 06.09.2012 07:21 PM

Fuck it. This paycheck I'm buying me and the old lady some nice clothes.

the ikara cult 06.09.2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I think it's more amusing that you amuse yourself with my misperception of you while I'm only amusing myself with your perception of my perception of you. We are a barrel of laughs we are.

you do know that none of us ever listened to avant-garde music until Genteel Death pointed us towards it, right? And in that spirit, im done with you, you're shit, just a second rate imposter who's been living off porkys legacy for years. Damn you, and all your works.

gmku 06.09.2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99
This is what I've been saying myself for a while.

I'm in good company, then.

Pelle 06.10.2012 11:33 AM

Genteel Death 06.11.2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
you do know that none of us ever listened to avant-garde music until Genteel Death pointed us towards it, right? And in that spirit, im done with you, you're shit, just a second rate imposter who's been living off porkys legacy for years. Damn you, and all your works.

LOL

Severian 06.11.2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Oh, you're the real Porky? Or are there two of you now? (God help us.)

Fuck no. But it's very charitable of you to humor that flash prick by telling him he's funny. I'm sure you made his day.