Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SYG Artists Compilation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=42858)

shabbray2.0 11.23.2010 07:11 AM

^^yes.
PMed you about that. and it functions pretty good at least in my head :)
I would like to take the next train home to work on it, haha
what glice said is exactly the point what I was trying to say to add another tune in the end. not for being on that thing twice or somethig. just to add diversity, but only if there is need in this (which isnt, I think)

SONIC GAIL 11.23.2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Please do this. I hope we'd all want a good compilation rather than 12 third-rate Sonic Youth rip-offs; if we can't have that, some diversity would definitely help. Maybe I should do some dancehall...

yall know that anything comin from here aint gonna be like nothin else wether thats good or bad I do not know

SpaceCadetHayden 11.23.2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Please do this. I hope we'd all want a good compilation rather than 12 third-rate Sonic Youth rip-offs; if we can't have that, some diversity would definitely help. Maybe I should do some dancehall...

Alright, I'm on it. I'll bring the fucking steez, bitches.

Anyone interested in collabing with me and BetterThanDeux on this? We got the rhymes but until my hard drive is fixed, I won't be able to work on any beats. Shoot me a PM.

SYRFox 11.23.2010 04:59 PM

I could make something for this as well if the deadline is after the end of december !

shabbray2.0 11.23.2010 05:02 PM

its the end of january.
so you got enough time to digest the christmasS

SYRFox 11.23.2010 05:08 PM

Nice. I don't have much time to write music during my school periods but I'll have somet time to work on something during the Christmas holidays.

GeneticKiss 11.24.2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The tracks should be in wav format, if possible, and only originals that haven't been online/other formats before. Ideally a physical copy of it would be better than just some downloads, so if any visual artists would like to have a go at designing the cover, packaging etc, let me know.

I would talk to my band about getting in on this, but pretty much everything we record goes on our MySpace once we have a completely mixed down recording with vocals and everything, so I guess we're disqualified. But if you want something from us anyway, let me know.

finding nobody 11.24.2010 11:54 AM

I'm interesting in doing some music with whomever. My technology is limited, but this can happen

SONIC GAIL 11.24.2010 12:12 PM

feel like drivin to bryceville?:)

Diesel 11.28.2010 02:47 PM

I'm in once I get me amp ya

finding nobody 11.28.2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
feel like drivin to bryceville?:)

haha! Totally would consider this if gas money and a reliable vehicle were at my disposal.
I could post an mp3 of just guitar or guitar and singing and then someone could do some overdubs. Or vice versa

Glice 11.28.2010 03:01 PM

GD, have you heard from Everyneurotic?

Genteel Death 11.28.2010 03:08 PM

No.

Genteel Death 11.28.2010 03:11 PM

The only track I got so far is hevusa's. Get moving slackers!

finding nobody 11.28.2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

GD, have you heard from Everyneurotic?

I got an I/C/O/C update on myspace on August 11th. other than that. nope

Glice 11.28.2010 04:38 PM

I spoke to him on MSN about it t'other day, was just wandering if he'd done anything about it.

Green_mind 11.29.2010 05:09 AM

I recorded a track fairly recently if you have room for one more? It kind of sounds like a bit of a pub song, with just piano and a couple of guitars.

Derek 11.29.2010 05:23 AM

Will try and send my track in the next few days. Don't have a guitar lead or anything right now.

SONIC GAIL 11.29.2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The only track I got so far is hevusa's. Get moving slackers!

workin on it. Ryan should be at home about now fuckin with his new fender strat and the big muff pedal we got him yesterday. We shall see what comes out of this, but you must be patient for it takes time:p

StevOK 11.30.2010 08:41 AM

I have some stuff I've been working on, but I don't really know which one to submit once I'm done. One is 6 minutes long and I've been told that it "sort of sounds like a mashup of Korean pop music, but in a good way."

shabbray2.0 11.30.2010 09:01 AM

^^that sounds nice!

Genteel Death 11.30.2010 02:34 PM

Yeah, that sounds interesting.

StevOK 11.30.2010 02:35 PM

I sent a vocal-less version to the SYG group on soundcloud. I need to come up with lyrics.

Genteel Death 11.30.2010 02:45 PM

Thanks, I will listen to it when I get home.

Savage Clone 11.30.2010 03:52 PM

The track I am sending also has Paul Metzger on it.

Everyneurotic 11.30.2010 04:17 PM

I'll try to get something going for this. What's the deadline?

Also, is the direction of this thing going to be 'experimental' or are there more conventional styles as well?

I could go either way and contribute an I/C/O/C track or perhaps Monosodic, or give you something from my new band.

Glice 11.30.2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

Also, is the direction of this thing going to be 'experimental' or are there more conventional styles as well?

I could go either way and contribute an I/C/O/C track or perhaps Monosodic, or give you something from my new band.

It's Herr Death's baby, really, but I'll answer for him and say I think most here would appreciate something diverse over something which sounds like what you'd expect from SYG.

SpaceCadetHayden 11.30.2010 04:29 PM

Me and wifey live 90 miles away from each other now, so we'll be working on it when she's here/i'm there. Definitely have some arrogant ass hipster-hop to throw at you by the end of January, though.

Still looking for anyone who wants to collaborate on it with me. I'm waiting for my new computer before I'll have any programs to work on beats so if anyone wants to help with that, we can work something out. I'm thinking about laying down some lyrics i have for a zelda homage I've been working on, so the more 8-bit, the better.

atsonicpark 11.30.2010 04:33 PM

cool, just sent mine. sent it in a very high quality .wav. enjoy.

Everyneurotic 11.30.2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

It's Herr Death's baby, really, but I'll answer for him and say I think most here would appreciate something diverse over something which sounds like what you'd expect from SYG.

Might send a song from our first recording session since it will not be used and it sounds closer to Killing Joke than to Kaaos.

krastian 11.30.2010 08:04 PM

Hi, everyone. If anybody needs some drums I'd be up for playing on something. I have a Roland TD-20 kit which has like a hundred pre-programmed sets....it's basically an infinite drum set. If you send me an mp3 or wav file, I should be able to record right over it using my recorder (Sonar V-Studio 100) and my computer. I'm interested in playing all kinds of music, so I'd be down for pretty much anything.

Getting together to do something with you guys on here is something I've thought about for awhile, but haven't had the time to get anything going.

But yeah, I'm def. up for any kind of weirdo side project that anyone would be interested in doing or just adding some drums to a track here and there for a board compilation.

I would describe my overall style as loud as fuck a la a punk John Bonham.

StevOK 11.30.2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Hi, everyone. If anybody needs some drums I'd be up for playing on something. I have a Roland TD-20 kit which has like a hundred pre-programmed sets....it's basically an infinite drum set. If you send me an mp3 or wav file, I should be able to record right over it using my recorder (Sonar V-Studio 100) and my computer. I'm interested in playing all kinds of music, so I'd be down for pretty much anything.

Getting together to do something with you guys on here is something I've thought about for awhile, but haven't had the time to get anything going.

But yeah, I'm def. up for any kind of weirdo side project that anyone would be interested in doing or just adding some drums to a track here and there for a board compilation.

I would describe my overall style as loud as fuck a la a punk John Bonham.

I'd like to send you something some time, since I'm not so good at programming drums. Are you on soundcloud?

krastian 11.30.2010 09:29 PM

Nope, can't say I am.

Genteel Death 12.05.2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

Whichever track you're happy with. It's not for me to decide what style people like to play. Send it to porkmarras@yahoo.co.uk
So far I got atsonicpark and hevusa's tracks. If somebody can't meet the deadline, let me know. Please don't pm me on here.

Derek 12.25.2010 05:29 AM

I've recorded my track for this, just waiting for Gab to mail me back on facebook hah.

Oh and should we really call it the SONIC YOUTH GOSSIP COMPILATION? How about something more snazzy but still SY related? THE FREE CITY RHYMES TAPE? Death Valley c69?

Genteel Death 12.25.2010 06:50 AM

pee-emmed.

Genteel Death 12.25.2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek

Oh and should we really call it the SONIC YOUTH GOSSIP COMPILATION? How about something more snazzy but still SY related? THE FREE CITY RHYMES TAPE? Death Valley c69?

Personally I find SYG Compilation tacky, along with any reference to Sonic Youth. Are the polls working now?

Derek 12.25.2010 08:18 AM

I figured we should put some SY reference in it considering it stems from the official Sonic Youth board haha. I don't really mind though because I know the majority of the tracks will be really strong.

nicfit 12.25.2010 12:04 PM

I think we (or, you, since I won't contribute music for this) shouldn't give a shit about "where" this thing stems from.

Genteel Death 12.25.2010 12:36 PM

I care about what I feel like caring about nicfit.