Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café VI (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=114330)

Severian 06.16.2017 11:03 AM

I like "Goosebumps." Oddly I didn't even really notice it when Birds in the Trap first came out, but it's pretty good. Weird how songs can become hits, like, a year after the album was released.

The lyrics are dumb as hell, but it's a good song.

Severian 06.16.2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"so many bitches by the pool/ I make them hos look like my landscape"

I love 2Chainz. he is funny. Kanye? Not funny AT ALL.

Cool. Do you like post-Carter Lil Wayne too?

noisereductions 06.16.2017 11:13 AM

2Chainz is like that guy at a party that says something funny and you're like "this guy is really funny! We should hang out more" but if you weren't at the party you'd have no interest in making an effort to hang out w/ him.

Rob Instigator 06.16.2017 11:26 AM

true, but those guys are what make parties fun!

Rob Instigator 06.16.2017 11:27 AM

and I dont give a shit about Lil Wayne either way. Nothing he ever put out hit me in my sweet spot

noisereductions 06.16.2017 11:38 AM

you didn't hear his collab album w/ 2Chainz? It's exactly the mindless funny party guy I mentioned. When the album's on you're like "well. This isn't bad. It's kind of ok." And when it's off you're like "I have no desire to put it on."

Rob Instigator 06.16.2017 12:37 PM

Collegrove was meh for the most part. I liked the video for BOunce but the song itself is just OK. Bomb Squad sirens rip-off in the beat.

Rob Instigator 06.16.2017 12:56 PM

Beautiful Thugga Girls (Young Thug) has some dope tracks man.

Rob Instigator 06.16.2017 12:58 PM

2 Chainz is a "VIP at the yacht club"

noisereductions 06.16.2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Beautiful Thugga Girls (Young Thug) has some dope tracks man.

is it really his "singing" album?

Severian 06.16.2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
2Chainz is like that guy at a party that says something funny and you're like "this guy is really funny! We should hang out more" but if you weren't at the party you'd have no interest in making an effort to hang out w/ him.

Haahahahahahaha

Severian 06.16.2017 08:44 PM

I had no idea 2 Chainz had a new album/mixtape/whatever thing out today, but I listened to a few moments of it (Pretty Girls Like Trap Music) and it's not an immediately throwaway. It does sound like he's taking the lead from artists like DRAM and Yachty and others, with those corny boing-boing beats on "4 AM," but whatever. It's not going to be a classic. I doubt I'll listen to it more than once, but it's not terrible.

I did like 2 Chainz on Cruel Summer, and I enjoyed moments of BOATS II #metime. But all in all I think he's pretty much decided that leaving a meaningful artistic legacy behind is just not his thing. #notmetime.

louder 06.17.2017 04:32 AM

Lovin' the Thugger and Keef albums.

Severian 06.17.2017 09:52 AM

Hmmmmmmm... Can't decide if I want to try out the new Thug. I've never had any success with any of the other Thugs. I keep thinking back to how utterly let down a I was by the Barter 6. I'm not sure I need to stay on or near the Thug train.

Rob Instigator 06.19.2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

not really, just mo0re songs for the ladies instead of hard bangers

louder 06.19.2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

A lot of singing over acoustic guitar sounds, there's still a lot of rapping as well though. He's strongly influenced by Wyclef at this point.

Rob Instigator 06.19.2017 09:19 AM

I skip the sing song ones.

louder 06.19.2017 09:19 AM

Snoop's verse on the Thugger album is one of the best verses of the year, hands down. That explains why Thug made Snoop's album cover his main picture on Instagram for a couple of weeks. That verse alone probably made him a huge fan.

Severian 06.19.2017 10:00 AM

New Jay Z studio album, 4:44 dropping June 30!

http://pitchfork.com/news/jay-z-anno...new-album-444/

There's a clip floating around with that dude from Moonlight and House of Cards and Luke Cage boxing with Danny Glover for some reason. The beat in the clip sounds pretty dope though.

Of course it's tied up in some doomed-to-fail marketing scheme that will make it available to Tidal users (and, for some fucking reason, SPRINT mobile users :confused: ) first though. Fucking Jay Z, man.

Anyway, let's hope it's amazing and then he can retire.

Rob Instigator 06.19.2017 10:44 AM

I thought tidal was dead?