Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café III (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104665)

noisereductions 04.23.2014 05:54 PM

noisereductions 04.23.2014 09:44 PM

tonight listening to

louder 04.24.2014 01:17 AM

RZA Gives Raekwon 30-Day Deadline on New Wu-Tang Clan Album, Says It May Not Come Out at All
http://pitchfork.com/news/54916-rza-...me-out-at-all/
Quote:

"The album is slated to come out in July," he said. "If we don't come to terms [with Raekwon], I think, within the next 30 days, then this will either be an album without Raekwon or an album that never sees the light of day. And that's a very strong potential."

"I would not want to put out a Wu-Tang album without every live member available," he said. "At the same time, I don't want the fans not to have this incredible music that we've been workin' on for the last year. So that's gonna be a tough decision, but we've got about 30 days to make that decision and come to that conclusion."

already two group albums we might never hear then? goddamn.

louder 04.24.2014 02:07 AM

wish 36 Chambers got the reissue treatment.

what is y'all fav song on the album?

mine is CAN IT ALL BE SO SIMPLE.
Da Mystery of Chessboxin' comes a close 2nd.

Rob Instigator 04.24.2014 08:22 AM

Protect Ya Neck

louder 04.24.2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Protect Ya Neck

The Genius' verse on that joint has me going nuts every time.

First of all, who's your A&R?
A mountain climber who plays an electric guitar?
But he don't know the meaning of dope
When he's looking for a suit-and-tie rap that's cleaner than a bar of soap
And I'm the dirtiest thing in sight
Matter of fact, bring out the girls and let's have a mud fight

noisereductions 04.24.2014 08:48 AM

I don't know why 36 Chambers and Midnight Marauders went w/o 2013 reissues. Lame.

Favorite song on 36? Damn. Uh. Probably "Chessboxin" but who knows. Can I say that as each song starts I'm like "oh THIS is my fav song!"

noisereductions 04.24.2014 08:50 AM

new A$AP Mob vid "Xcape"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/videos...welvyy-xscape-

noisereductions 04.24.2014 09:45 AM

"Ghostface... my g'lock burst!"

noisereductions 04.24.2014 07:43 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.24.2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't know why 36 Chambers and Midnight Marauders went w/o 2013 reissues. Lame.

Favorite song on 36? Damn. Uh. Probably "Chessboxin" but who knows. Can I say that as each song starts I'm like "oh THIS is my fav song!"

Why does everything have to get reissued or remixed or remastered? The original releases were perfectly fine, we all have them already, they are already available for anybody who doesn't, personally I always thought of reissues are strictly recording industry bullshit, and the way I understand it, most bands and artists feel the same way. Usually they're forced on people through contract obligations. Then there is the Courtney Love approach, release Nirvana shit that ONLY she owns purposely to fuck out Dave and Krist and cash in. She is like the epitome of the 1950s big studio music industry slime. So are most reissues

noisereductions 04.24.2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Why does everything have to get reissued or remixed or remastered? The original releases were perfectly fine, we all have them already, they are already available for anybody who doesn't, personally I always thought of reissues are strictly recording industry bullshit, and the way I understand it, most bands and artists feel the same way. Usually they're forced on people through contract obligations. Then there is the Courtney Love approach, release Nirvana shit that ONLY she owns purposely to fuck out Dave and Krist and cash in. She is like the epitome of the 1950s big studio music industry slime. So are most reissues

for me it's about the bonus shit though.

But the best way to celebrate an album is how Mobb Deep did this year. To celebrate The Infamous... they put out a new album that's a bit of an homage to that record, as well as a disc of demos from 1994. That's great.

I guess instead of "reissue" I should say I'd love to see a disc of Enter The Wu-Tang, or Midnight Marauders (or any album I love) b-sides and outtakes.

an evening with viewtiful 04.25.2014 09:22 AM

What really intrigues me about Wu-Tang reissues is the possibility that there are verses from group members on songs they weren't on officially. Did Ghostface take a stab at CREAM? Did ODB originally have a verse on Bring Da Ruckus?
That kind of stuff would get me to buy… phoned in remixes? not so much.

louder 04.25.2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an evening with viewtiful
What really intrigues me about Wu-Tang reissues is the possibility that there are verses from group members on songs they weren't on officially. Did Ghostface take a stab at CREAM? Did ODB originally have a verse on Bring Da Ruckus?
That kind of stuff would get me to buy… phoned in remixes? not so much.

if i recall correctly, Deck said he originally had two verses on CREAM, but the song ended up being too long, so he cut off the 2nd verse and added a part of it to the 1st. maybe Rae did the same.

a documentary about the proccess of making the album would be great. even though this is already great enough to me: https://youtube.com/watch?v=UTB46KwtoM4

young GZA was already so intelligent.

it kills me how Rae used to say "know what i'm sayin" at the end of every sentence, he was cool as fuck though.

louder 04.25.2014 01:04 PM

on youtube there's a documentary about the Wu that is narrated by Cappadonna. weird stuff. i stopped watching it halfway through cuz all he did was highlighting himself.

anyway the one i posted in the last page is the best, in my opinion. for some reason it's not even listed on Wikipedia or IMDB.

louder 04.25.2014 03:09 PM

SZA's new album is so beautiful. in my top 5 of the year so far.

Severian 04.25.2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
so viewtiful.. do you like Honest?

So far I prefer the Gucci Mane and Young Thug mix That just came out to Honest... Except for Future's killer collaboration tracks. Kanye, Andre... I can just stop there. But the tracks that contain mainly Future on his own are nothing special for me at this point.

Gucci and Thug put one mean mixtape together though. Damn.

louder 04.26.2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
So far I prefer the Gucci Mane and Young Thug mix That just came out to Honest... Except for Future's killer collaboration tracks. Kanye, Andre... I can just stop there. But the tracks that contain mainly Future on his own are nothing special for me at this point.

Gucci and Thug put one mean mixtape together though. Damn.

:eek: don't get me wrong, the Thug/Gucci tape is nice.. but Honest is crazy, man.

my favs of the year so far:

1. Pinata
2. Clivia Demo
3. Honest
4. Z

Bytor Peltor 04.26.2014 08:33 PM

RIP DJ Rashad

foreverasskiss 04.26.2014 10:11 PM

Bytor Peltor rarely posts in this thread but he rules it above all.

you should post more up in here. when you do, it's hella good.