Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

_slavo_ 02.23.2010 04:04 PM

fuuuuck...i have a gig upcoming this wednesday and I've had this evening just for myself and making music. no duties, no things to do, just music.
and as the hours pass by, i feel totally blocked and i'm coming up with NOTHING worth saving and using. damn.

SYRFox 02.24.2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
fuuuuck...i have a gig upcoming this wednesday and I've had this evening just for myself and making music. no duties, no things to do, just music.
and as the hours pass by, i feel totally blocked and i'm coming up with NOTHING worth saving and using. damn.

who cares if it's worthy? just release it in a 8-track super limited edition (50 copies), that's what matters

--

second mock exam for cambridge's certificate in advanced english tonight... it's the writing part (we got five parts: reading, writing, use of english, listening, speaking ; the reading was easy), i hope it'll turn out well. The real exam is on next saturday...

shabbray2.0 02.24.2010 10:57 AM

I am a little bit sick at the moment. and I have to do some theory work to do, which fits nice. staying at home/bed writing boring stuff and listening to music. hope I will got some time soon to record some stuff again, missing that.
and I am thinking about buying a suit for about 100$. which is pretty cheap cause it fits perfectly and I am sure there will be a day where I will need one again (btw and I love suits)

otearai 02.25.2010 09:02 AM

bought two fish this morning and i feel pathetic. my days are so empty i need them to stare at.

_slavo_ 02.25.2010 10:15 AM

write a song about it.

otearai 02.26.2010 04:09 AM

just a single song?
i'll have to record a whole conceptual album bout that.

_slavo_ 02.26.2010 04:12 AM

Napalm Death's "You Suffer" comes into mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGOT4d2Hs8

SYRFox 02.26.2010 06:36 AM

just received my copy of robert logan's inscape (by the way nicfit thanks for recommending it to me a while ago!). i won it in a ebay auction, brand new, for 5€ instead of 27 on amazon... i'm super happy.
have a good day everyone!

SYRFox 02.26.2010 03:41 PM

22 bands playing dour festival have been unveiled (200 will play in total). it looks like it's gonna be crazy... they always get fantastic line ups (here was the 2009's one: http://www.dourfestival.be/fr/history/ ). i'll definitely be there.

here are the first 22 unveiled bands/artists:

A-Trak
Atari Teenage Riot
Black Sun Empire
Brodinski
Caliban
Carl Craig
Chris Cunningham
Chromeo
Clues
Crown City Rockers
De La Soul
DJ Marky & Stamina MC
Dub Pistols
Emalkay
Gwar
Inna de Yard All Stars: Earl Chinna Smith, Cedric Congo Mython, Kiddus I, Matthew McAnuff, Derajah
Les Blérots de R.A.V.E.L.
Peter Pan Speedrock
The Sonics
The Very Best
Third World
Wax Tailor

Some more bands that are 99% sure to play: Simian Mobile Disco, lefto, danakil.

Looking forward to see the whole line up, but it was a shock seeing Atari Teenage Riot.

shabbray2.0 03.01.2010 11:59 AM

atari teenage riot and de la soul. I hope they wont play at different stages at the same time, hrhr

SYRFox 03.01.2010 12:42 PM

ahah yeah! these are two i'm definitely looking forward to. chris cunningham also.

new band added today: ghinzu. i didn't know they were even still doing anything :D

shabbray2.0 03.01.2010 01:41 PM

I thought they retired long before too.

btw whats cunningham doing?
VJ stuff? what do I have to imagie?

SYRFox 03.01.2010 01:45 PM

apparently he's doing DJ + VJ, with three giant screens. Looks like it will be huge...

shabbray2.0 03.01.2010 03:39 PM

sounds awesome, never knew he does shows like this!

SYRFox 03.12.2010 03:21 PM

bloody bloody hell i've bought myself a novation launchpad and korg nanokontrol yesterday and it's so fucking rad.
the launchpad is MIND-BLOWING. i'm having so much fun with it.
here's what my gear looks like now:

tha launchpad:

_slavo_ 03.12.2010 03:27 PM

okay, now let us hear what you've created with these babies.

SYRFox 03.12.2010 04:06 PM

i'll sure let you hear that when i'll have some proper tracks written. As I've just began using Ableton Live I am yet to master it completely, but I have some rough drafts getting written. I'm trying to do something that sounds quite aquatic, and quite noisy/ambient. I'll see and let you hear how it turns out for sure! It might be quite slow though as I do not have a lot of time for myself because of school. I've got 100 pages of history to learn before monday (obviously we haven't seen them in class...), and then a philosophy oral to prepare, 20 minutes to talk on "Illusion & error", on wednesday. Great.

_slavo_ 03.12.2010 04:24 PM

how can you define "sounding aquatic"?

SYRFox 03.12.2010 04:31 PM

ahah, i don't know. it's just something i have in my head... like, harmony in blue ii by tim hecker certainly sounds aquatic to me, if that makes sense. Or, in another style, Bad Science by Rustie... There's something about the sounds, I can't say exactly what, that makes it feel like it's played underwater or something.
It wouldn't sound like Tim Hecker though since there's beats in what I do but you get the idea

Genteel Death 03.12.2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Heavily layered, wobbly-sounding , and low in high frequencies, but heavier on the bass.