Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

SYRFox 01.24.2010 05:10 PM

seen Om and Lichens in concert today.
Lichens was fine and pretty but a little bit boring . I love his albums and was kind of disappointed. Something was missing, intensity or something. Still pretty and a good gig overall
Om was fucking incredible. Hypnotic, intense, shivering, simply mindblowing. Their drummer is MAD. Really really really great.
Next gig: SUNN O))) . I can't wait

chicka 01.25.2010 09:12 AM

Was Lichens the backup band? A lot of times the backups don't get a fair shake from the headliner's board man. Keeping their foot off the volume and accenting certain instruments in certain places.....

SYRFox 01.25.2010 12:01 PM

He was the opening artist - he plays alone though and I think he mixes everything himself, so I'm not sure the technicians are responsible in this case, especially since he seems to be good friends with Om (they played together too, and they're doing the whole tour like this)

SYRFox 01.28.2010 07:16 AM

Saw Sunn O))) for the first time in my life yesterday. It was awesome, as you can guess.

chicka 01.28.2010 01:36 PM

ok. maybe he was sick and lacked the physical energy you've seen in his performances before?

SYRFox 01.28.2010 03:04 PM

Yeah, maybe. I've actually never seen him before though, but I was told he ruled two days before, so perhaps he's just hit or miss, I don't know. I think maybe he'd be better in a smaller venue. The venue was around 600 persons capacity, so his sound didn't quite fit the whole space, maybe in a smaller room it would be much more impressive. I'll still go to see him if he ever plays there again

_slavo_ 01.29.2010 04:26 AM

i'm looking forward to the afternoon spent on a train ... I have a P.K.Dick book in my backpack, which is never a bad thing.

_slavo_ 01.29.2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
that sounds nice..im slightly jealous.
its been few weeks now that im seriously thinking to take off for a weekend. i want a place, that will be like a very small village, i want it quiet and within nature, miles away from anything touristic.
i want to sleep well and calm, wake up..have coffee, everything cozy, take walks, have nap!, read my book and gaze outside.

the hardest part. it has to be cheap!

well, greece is the ideal place for a trip like this, isn't it? i guess many islands are not that tourist-packed, even moreso regarding it's not tourist season now.

SYRFox 01.29.2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
hello to all and have a nice weekend.

i m seeing om next week.
i wouldnt mind seeing sunno))) instead..actually i 'd love to see sunno)) again.
bah.

om were mindblowing when i saw them on sunday. you're gonna have a great great time!

shabbray2.0 02.01.2010 11:07 AM

@fox:

if you dig the can Ox album then you should definately check the first 2 wu albums and the first solo records of the memebers, especially tical by method man and return to the 36 chambers by ODB. its just pure awesome bliss!!!!

SYRFox 02.01.2010 01:09 PM

I've actually already listened to the first Wu Tang album! Dope indeed. I've also checked Blackout by Meth Man & Redman and enjoyed it. Have you received my message on last.fm?

Derek 02.01.2010 01:53 PM

GZA's Liquid Swords. You won't regret listening to it.

_slavo_ 02.01.2010 05:50 PM

Derek is very right on this one. "Swordsman" is my favourite and I actually listened to it earlier today on my way from the dentist's

Derek 02.01.2010 06:30 PM

Liquid Swords, Living In The World Today, Labels, 4th Chamber and my personal favourite B.I.B.L.E. are totally rad.

shabbray2.0 02.23.2010 09:48 AM

shabbray says hi!!!!

_slavo_ 02.23.2010 10:18 AM

Hey, Shabbz, how you've been?

atsonicpark 02.23.2010 10:38 AM

i feel like glitter in a blood donor clinic

SYRFox 02.23.2010 01:20 PM

hey shabbz!! how are you doing??

my head fucking aches and i've got to work like mad on spanish, which sucks. damn.

SONIC GAIL 02.23.2010 02:32 PM

hello

atsonicpark 02.23.2010 03:03 PM

I was flying back to here from Guatemala and I needed the toilet. Anyway this guy Dennis Haysbert was coming out the bog as I was walking in and he said to me he says "Brother............I'd give it a minute there." He walked off but I was gasping so I went in and............PHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOW! Smelt like he'd crapped out a rotten zebra. Blood and ichor and sheet everywhere. I say it was Dennis Haysbert, it certainly looked like him.