Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.24.2012 03:59 PM

F-Zero GX is awesome. I can't get enough of it. I like Pikmin too, but haven't played it in forever. My copy has been sitting on my shelf for years now. =/

Super Paper Mario looks sorta neat to me. Tell me how it is if you pick it up.

Lately I've been playing...

Wind Waker (GCN)
Starfox Assault (GCN - so painfully underrated)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA)

Just got Fragile Dreams for Wii in the mail a few days ago. I've been so hyped to play this for what feels like forever now, but I have so much on my plate atm. *sigh*

dale_gribble 06.24.2012 04:04 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.24.2012 04:06 PM

^ Awesome! I love me some Burgertime!

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake
someone recommend me some games on nintendo ds pretty please.
i want something with lots of mini games for uni. something like wario ware

Do you have Wario Ware Touched already? lol

Just looking at my shelf, here's a few of my favorites that are pretty pick up and play.

Elite Beat Agents
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Meteos
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Ontamarama
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
Nanostray
Polarium
Tetris DS

Also maybe take a look at Flower, Sun, and Rain or Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. They're more story-based but are certainly well adapted to being on a handheld.

EVOLghost 06.24.2012 04:32 PM

^ Yeah dood Joe, the barcade is open, and omg youll fucking love it.

Ghostchase 06.24.2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
F-Zero GX is awesome. I can't get enough of it. I like Pikmin too, but haven't played it in forever. My copy has been sitting on my shelf for years now. =/

Super Paper Mario looks sorta neat to me. Tell me how it is if you pick it up.

Lately I've been playing...

Wind Waker (GCN)
Starfox Assault (GCN - so painfully underrated)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA)

Just got Fragile Dreams for Wii in the mail a few days ago. I've been so hyped to play this for what feels like forever now, but I have so much on my plate atm. *sigh*

For sure.

STAR FOX ASSAULT! Crazy. I just recently just popped that in after playing some Twin Snakes a few days ago and was wondering what the majority verdict on that game was? I liked it, though at times it feels lacking in quality in some areas, but very minimal. Hate bumping into things and kinda just getting hung up, it looks and feels lame, after the signature Star Fox "shake" with your vessel shaking and turning red, I also dislike having to push the left bumper fully in to shoot when flying. Personally, I'm in love with the graphics. I gonna play through it again.

EVOLghost 06.25.2012 09:54 AM

I'm...really close to just updating my ps3 and removing the soft mod. I want to play a new game dammit! And KoF13 is only $25 righ tnow!! FUUUUG!

noisereductions 06.25.2012 08:32 PM

@EVOL: considering all the emulators out there for PC (and even older consoles) I can't imagine the point of having a PS3 and not buying new games for it.

KOF13 is def worth the $25 too dood.

EVOLghost 06.26.2012 03:30 AM

Well I didn't want the mod solely for emulators n stuff, I was relaly hoping to being able to get new games. But fucki'n Sony's updates and the modders dragging ass to release shit is really fuckin' me up.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.27.2012 02:33 AM

EVOLghost 06.27.2012 03:30 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SOOOOOO GOOOd.

Seriously. Apparently that version is fucked due to an attempt to rebalance or something? but fuckit, I don't care. I love it too much.

EVOLghost 06.27.2012 03:31 AM

They need to make abnother. With ALL the characters. I want my schoolgirl team Sakura, Karin, n Athena.

EVOLghost 06.27.2012 01:49 PM

I'm playing sf4 again.

Keeping It Simple 06.28.2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I'm playing sf4 again.

You seem to love Capcom, so why aren't you playing Dragon's Dogma, as it's a Capcom game?!

EVOLghost 06.28.2012 09:24 AM

Because I can't play the new games yet....:(

lookin' around for some cheap systems to mod and just use mine as a legit system.

Keeping It Simple 06.28.2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Because I can't play the new games yet....:(

lookin' around for some cheap systems to mod and just use mine as a legit system.

You need to get scientific. Fair enough. :D

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.28.2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
For sure.

STAR FOX ASSAULT! Crazy. I just recently just popped that in after playing some Twin Snakes a few days ago and was wondering what the majority verdict on that game was? I liked it, though at times it feels lacking in quality in some areas, but very minimal. Hate bumping into things and kinda just getting hung up, it looks and feels lame, after the signature Star Fox "shake" with your vessel shaking and turning red, I also dislike having to push the left bumper fully in to shoot when flying. Personally, I'm in love with the graphics. I gonna play through it again.

Yeah, it's awesome! Definitely an underrated gem; possibly my favorite game in the series - no joke. I think after Starfox Adventures people were craving another SF64 so badly that they completely panned this game just because it has on-foot missions.

Sure, the controls for those moments on the ground are a little weird at first, but they're easy to get used to, and they do give you 2 other optional layouts if you don't like the default.

Also, what I never hear recognized is just how diverse those on-foot missions can be. It's fun being able to hop in the Landmaster or even the Arwing mid-mission. That, the more story-based CGI cut-scenes, and moments like when you get to literally ride on the wing of Falco's ship and shoot down baddies really make the Starfox team feel more real than ever.

I love it.

Quote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SOOOOOO GOOOd.

Seriously. Apparently that version is fucked due to an attempt to rebalance or something? but fuckit, I don't care. I love it too much.

Honestly, this is the only version I've ever played, but I think peoples' main problem with it is trying to play it with the GC controller. Capcom integrated some weird, shitty-ass control scheme designed specifically for the button layout, but it plays like shit.

Luckily, that GC-specific mode is optional and a more normal (and completely customizable) control scheme is readily available. The only problem with that is, "dashing/rolling" is performed by hitting both B + Y; which is difficult. So I just changed the "Z" button to act as both those buttons being pressed, rather than doing an unnecessary taunt. I don't mind it. ;)

noisereductions 06.28.2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

fucking rulez. I think CVS2 is better than the entire MVC series. Seriously.

EVOLghost 06.28.2012 07:10 PM

Mvc just has too many buttons for me to press.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.28.2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
fucking rulez. I think CVS2 is better than the entire MVC series. Seriously.

Have you played the gcn version noise? thoughts?

noisereductions 06.29.2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Have you played the gcn version noise? thoughts?

I've played it on GCN and PS2. I didn't really see much difference between the two ports. It's an amazing game.