Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

_tunic_ 06.28.2014 08:38 AM

I just read that Altidore is playing again. Is that true? Would be great, always liked him when he played over here.

h8kurdt 06.28.2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt
James Rodríguez.

I think there will be no surprises in this round.
Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Netherlands, Greece, Argentina and Belgium should go through.

Aye I can go with that one. The rumours that he's going to Liverpool please me none.

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 09:34 AM

CHI CHI CHI
LE LE LE
VIVA CHILE

ha ha ha ha

no, if chile wins there will be riots

Bertrand 06.28.2014 10:21 AM

Belgium have had some problems with their defenders; a bug here, a knock here, a strain for a third guy...
USA stand a chance, considering how Belgium looked numb in the first days.

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
Belgium have had some problems with their defenders; a bug here, a knock here, a strain for a third guy...
USA stand a chance, considering how Belgium looked numb in the first days.

and yet, van buyten came out looking as one of the pretties defenders in the fantasy thing

---

i have filled my fantasy team in the most cynical way. i'm sure i'll pay for this.

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 11:21 AM

mena's hand --> free kick --> corner kick --> david luiz or jara's own goal?

MENA GRANDíSIMO UEÓN

demonrail666 06.28.2014 11:54 AM

Own goal for me but either way, fantastic first half.

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 12:52 PM

the 2nd not so much

if they go to penalties, julio césar loses

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 01:21 PM

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 01:56 PM

oh damn! damn damn damn!

i need a nap now.

demonrail666 06.28.2014 02:00 PM

Wow. I'm actually exhausted after that.

Bertrand 06.28.2014 02:17 PM

Damn it...
Brasil scored, then stopped playing an attack-minded game, got punished... and didn't do a thing during the second half.
Fernandinho looked exhausted, Oscar had nothing left in him.
Too bad Chile lose.

For Brasil, I thought David Luiz was really cold headed and a reassuring presence.

Still, I wished Chile had won it.

To juppjuppjupp... what do you mean, a cynical way?

My fantasy team:
Bravo (10) / Manolas, Gamboa, Duarte / Borges, Valbuena, Cuadrado, Rodriguez (captain) / Martinez, Benzema, Neymar (5)
Warming up: Cillessen, MBolhi (they won't leave the bench) / Mertesacker, Halliche, Bouguerra and the ghost of Sadeghi / Bentaleb, Lacen, Bedoya, Di Maria (most probable sub) / the ghost of Heydari, Müller (to replace Neymar most probably)

EVOLghost 06.28.2014 02:30 PM

Got damn. Unfortunately I had to listen to the radio broadcast but fuck that was exciting. Fuxkin' Chile man....

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 02:41 PM

cynical: yesterday i had to run errands all day. left home at 8am and came back almost at midnight.

and i needed to sleep, and i had to transfer, so:

i picked my team by the math in about an hour.

no heart, just numbers.

i wanted to have alexis and medel on my squad but the numbers said no. i was too tired to argue. (probably a good thing? don't know their points)

i feel a bit dirty, but my new captain neymar didn't score and has low points (cosmic justice). so now james is in.

my current squad:

karnezis
manolas--marquez--hummels--gonzales
james ©--mascherano--cuadrado--herrera
neymar 5--müller

subs
mbolhi--enyeama
halliche--medjani--van buyten
bentaleb--maniatis-- tejeda--beikzadeh(is out but costs $1)
slimani--musa--benzema

i have no love for the greek team and yet i have 3 of their players.
i don't think nigeria will go through but musa is in
algeria, same thing (i had halliche + bentaleb in the previous rounds but they turned out great "fillers")
i like van buyten from bayern and i'm happy he's doing well but i want the usa to go through
etc.

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 02:58 PM

the uruguayan national anthem is kinda funny

the music sounds like a rossini overture (awesome)

but when they start to sing nobody can keep time

demonrail666 06.28.2014 03:49 PM

Maybe the intensity of the Brazil Chile game burnt me out a bit but I'm really struggling to get into this one. Rodriguez's goal was a peach though.

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 04:08 PM

THANK YOU JAMES

colombia plays so purty. that passing combo was gold.

glory.

keep poppin pimples 06.28.2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the uruguayan national anthem is kinda funny

the music sounds like a rossini overture (awesome)

but when they start to sing nobody can keep time

in the previous world cup i recall an announcer proclaiming that uruguay certainly has one of the most moving national anthems

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.28.2014 04:38 PM

Chile played a GREAT FUCKING MATCH...

Just had some bad luck to post on a potential game winning goal in the final seconds AND post on that last kick in the shoot out which would have taken it to Golden Goal..

I don't think Brasil took their feet off the gas on their attack in the 2nd, its just that Chile's defense stepped up big and shut everything down mostly midfield at that! I saw so many red jerseys popping up in every Brazilian with the ball's face that I thought I was watching 2012 Miami Heat super trap-oriented swarm defense!

I think that Brazil should be very fucking worried if they actually plan on a deep run here.. In case they didn't notice while the crowd was INSANELY loud it didn't phase Chile ONE SINGLE BIT..

!@#$%! 06.28.2014 04:54 PM

and this is why in conmebol colombia qualified 2nd and uruguay merely by a cunthair.

--
ps- 42 pts today!
cynicism pays, after all :P