Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Severian 01.25.2018 07:12 PM

Hex Enduction Hour :(

Shaka Moloch 01.25.2018 09:53 PM

Killer Color's "Down With Winter"
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=killer+color+down+with+winter&view=detail &mid=05E02AB536D5F1092DA605E02AB536D5F1092DA6&FORM =VIRE

The Soup Nazi 01.26.2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
I've decided that I will listen to nothing but The Ex for the next couple of days!

You jingoist son of a gun! ;) ;) ;)

noisereductions 01.26.2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

soup, where did your rotating album cover signature come from?

The Soup Nazi 01.26.2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Hex Enduction Hour :(

Yes. Also:

Barbara Manning — "Mark E Smith & Brix"

Dig the Kim & Thurston reference as well. Which brings us to...

The Soup Nazi 01.26.2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
soup, where did your rotating album cover signature come from?

What? No, I made it, son! I grabbed the images from AllMusic, downsized them and then used gifmaker.me, I believe. That was years ago — it could use a nifty update...

noisereductions 01.26.2018 04:06 PM

I wasn't sure if it was aggregated from somewhere. Like, something similar that flipped your last 20 albums listened to on Spotify or whatever service could make a pretty cool sig. Or something that showed the last 20 albums added to your Discogs collection? Would be neat to see how easy it would be to put something like that together.

The Soup Nazi 01.26.2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

I wasn't sure if it was aggregated from somewhere. Like, something similar that flipped your last 20 albums listened to on Spotify or whatever service could make a pretty cool sig. Or something that showed the last 20 albums added to your Discogs collection? Would be neat to see how easy it would be to put something like that together.

No! Cut out the covers from some magazine using a box cutter! Paste 'em onto a piece of paper using real glue! Then xerox the motherfuckers! That's the way we did it back in the day! THE HARD WAY, BABY!

You can follow me on Facemook, Twatter, Instacrap, Spotifuck, but mostly down the street.

Severian 01.26.2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

What? No, I made it, son! I grabbed the images from AllMusic, downsized them and then used gifmaker.me, I believe. That was years ago — it could use a nifty update...

I have sig view turned off, so I don’t see that shit, but I do remember thinking yours was cool. You should update it.

deflinus 01.27.2018 09:44 AM

NO AGE - SNARES LIKE A HAIRCUT

i really dig it. better than their previous efforts.

Severian 01.27.2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
NO AGE - SNARES LIKE A HAIRCUT

i really dig it. better than their previous efforts.

Oh hey good call! Forgot about that.

whorefrost 01.27.2018 01:11 PM

Swans - Children Of God

the ikara cult 01.27.2018 07:43 PM

The Fall
Why arent you listening to The Fall?

Severian 01.28.2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
The Fall
Why arent you listening to The Fall?

I have been.

Also the new No Age, which, as mentioned above, is pretty good... better at first listen than their last.

_tunic_ 01.30.2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

hey I didn't know that word yet. Anyway, didn't really stick to my plan. But the thing is. I never listened to them at all until I decided to see them live at their 33 1/3 anniversary a couple years ago and realised that I had missed a lot. They are such a cool band, and not at all what you would imagine of a punk band. At least I always thought they were called punk. But they have so many albums that I have no clue where to start. The one I adore though is Scrabbling At The Lock with Tom Cora.
But musicwise I am absolutely not a patriot, there are only very few Dutch bands I really like. You can count them on one hand with three fingers. I'm more intrigued by the Belgian music scene, especially near Antwerpen. dEUS and all their side projects for instance. Which is only an hour south for me still anyway, but different country ;-)

And just now I listened to the new Nils Frahm. Have to listen to it a bit more, didn't grab me instantly.

The Soup Nazi 01.31.2018 05:39 PM

Hassles (Ken Vandermark, Terry Ex, Paal Nilssen-Love, Jon Rune Strøm), 2018-01-12, Madison WI
:)

Severian 02.01.2018 09:29 AM

:(

noisereductions 02.05.2018 11:00 AM

I am listening to albums by bands that would result in snide remarks if divulged.

Severian 02.05.2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

I am listening to albums by bands that would result in snide remarks if divulged.

Hah. Like Gin Blossoms and Candlebox? Or like Kendrick and Frank Ocean? ‘Cause some folks are too cool to entertain the empty populism of the latter two.

In other words: fuck those other kids

Savage Clone 02.05.2018 07:15 PM

Sometimes it's not about being too cool, it's about Frank Ocean being insufferable to listen to for more than four consecutive seconds. But hey, if you have time in your life for that go right ahead. Who am I to say? I'll be over here listening to some excessively fruity Progressive folk music from the 1970s. Everybody knows how cool that is.