Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

noisereductions 01.20.2018 09:52 AM

I do respect that though. Shrug.

But I do see and pretty much agree with your two sides thing.

Severian 01.20.2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
to elaborate for a second, I guess sometimes I feel around here like I am berated for openly liking the things I like. And I don't expect anyone to like everthing I like. That's silly. I just like to think that all of our musical tastes are respected. Like, we all share a common interest in SY - presumably that's what brought us here. So in a sense our tastes all overlap and then diverge. But I respect what those divergences are. That's kind of all I'm ever trying to stress.

To use the example of me and Soup - we both love Wilco. A lot. But I love Ryan Adams and he hates him. And he probably loves stuff I hate. But whatever. That's what makes this board interesting - hopefully anyway. That we can all kind of weave in and out with our preferences and maybe even share some stuff.

Like evollove said - what the fuck. It's mostly just music. It's all just fun talk.

Anyone who judges you for what you listen to is shit. Arguments about relative quality of different musicians are fine, but judging a person because of what makes their ears feel good is asinine and for 100% cunts.

Also, I love you no matter what you like, because we have fun shooting the shit about it even when we disagree.

Severian 01.20.2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
To be clear, I wasn't taking a side. Just interpreting both.

hahahahahahaha

No

I swear, even after all these years, against my better judgement, I still really like Spice Girls "Wannabe." Gonna respect that? Hell, I don't even respect that.

Don’t laugh, hombre.

In many ways, noisereductions is the least full of shit person here. I’ve never seen him attack anyone, and I’ve never seen him be intentionally cruel (which many people don’t realize is a very sad thing to be), and I’ve seen him weather insults without climbing into the muck to circle-jerk his accusers.

He talks about music and other stuff, and he respects other perspectives.

Also, if you’re serious about liking “Wannabe,” I respect that as well. Doesn’t make my ears feel good, but does it have merit as a pop song? Certainly.

Genteel Death 01.20.2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Don’t laugh, hombre.

Doesn’t make my ears feel good, but does it have merit as a pop song? Certainly.

I'm more of a 2 Become 1 kind of guy. I'm a romantic deep down.

noisereductions 01.20.2018 04:20 PM

2 Become 1 is the better song... But I feel like you weren't being serious.

evollove 01.20.2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
2 Become 1 is the better song

God you're a fucking idiot. You're so stupid, how do you breath? You're the most awful person I've come across online. Your ancestors should have been aborted to spare the world your insipid drivel.

jk

Actually, I don't know that song.

Severian 01.20.2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'm more of a 2 Become 1 kind of guy. I'm a romantic deep down.

I think you’ve lost track of who you’re trying to make fun of.

dirty bunny 01.21.2018 12:01 AM

Experimantal Jet Set, Trash & No Star.

This one is moving up in my favourite SY album rankings.

demonrail666 01.21.2018 01:46 PM

St Vincent, Masseducation

Severian 01.21.2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

St Vincent, Masseducation

It’s actually “Masseduction” but I’ve called it the same thing countless times.

ilduclo 01.21.2018 02:46 PM

Miles On the Corner box set, as fresh today as it was in '72

demonrail666 01.21.2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
Miles On the Corner box set, as fresh today as it was in '72

Genuinely one of my favourite albums evah.

demonrail666 01.21.2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
It’s actually “Masseduction” but I’ve called it the same thing countless times.

Well fucking hell. The 1st new album I've bought in ages and I get the name wrong. Story of my life.

Severian 01.21.2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Well fucking hell. The 1st new album I've bought in ages and I get the name wrong. Story of my life.

Hah. Better than mine.

Genteel Death 01.22.2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

Absolutely amazing find on HDtracks.com. As far as Discogs is concerned, this one has never seen a CD release, but there it was in glorious 24/192! Bitchen... :cool:

Thanks for this, I hadn't heard it before.

Genteel Death 01.23.2018 01:48 PM

Hands To - Flatline

The Soup Nazi 01.24.2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Thanks for this, I hadn't heard it before.

You're quite welcome. That post was brought to you by Bad Hombres, a division of Shithole, Inc.

_tunic_ 01.25.2018 01:29 PM

I've decided that I will listen to nothing but The Ex for the next couple of days!

noisereductions 01.25.2018 04:40 PM

3io - Back To New Roots

Interesting covers album w/ jazz interpretations of 90's/00's dance tracks. Opens with a version of "Eple" (Royksopp) that I really like. Also has DJ Shadow, Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, Underworld, etc.

https://hellyeahrec.bandcamp.com/alb...ed-jazz-covers

Rob Instigator 01.25.2018 04:56 PM

I bought Jah Wobble and the Nippon Dub Ensemble on vinyl. Quite odd dub