Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Bytor Peltor 03.29.2016 09:20 AM

Rob Instigator 03.29.2016 09:37 AM

Severian 03.29.2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

YeAaaaaaahh, dawg!

Severian 03.29.2016 11:50 AM

Is that what your copy of Rodeo looks like? That's weird. Mine is action figure Travi$. That looks like Days Before Rodeo mixtape art. :confused:

Rob Instigator 03.29.2016 01:11 PM

it is probably a bootleg copy....

guest 03.29.2016 06:31 PM

pepper_green 03.30.2016 10:19 PM

only assholes listen to travis scott. look at all those white folks on the cover. praying to receive something like god to touch them. lonely bastards. that's 2016. they want
blunts and fucking as a theme. so sad. losers. every one of them. they'll be shit and raise shit kids.

Rob Instigator 03.31.2016 08:19 AM

Nobody triller than Scott....

Severian 03.31.2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
only assholes listen to travis scott. look at all those white folks on the cover. praying to receive something like god to touch them. lonely bastards. that's 2016. they want
blunts and fucking as a theme. so sad. losers. every one of them. they'll be shit and raise shit kids.

That's not the cover, the white folks actually look pretty unenthusiastic to me, and that photo is from 2014. But yeah, white folks are awful.

_tunic_ 03.31.2016 01:55 PM

today I've had the Simpsons tune in my head for the entire day even at work (even though I haven't really watched it for some time)
now it's just been replaced by K3 - Teleromeo

pepper_green 03.31.2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Nobody triller than Scott....

yeah. I guess.:rolleyes:

pepper_green 03.31.2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
That's not the cover, the white folks actually look pretty unenthusiastic to me, and that photo is from 2014. But yeah, white folks are awful.

I've seen the real cover. dude, you've GOT to start giving me more credit than that. I like you and all but damn. im not THAT dense. I mean if a wrecking ball swung behind me and destroyed a building it's not like I wouldn't notice. unless Angus Young was riding it. then i'll give the cold shoulder.

Severian 03.31.2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
I've seen the real cover. dude, you've GOT to start giving me more credit than that. I like you and all but damn. im not THAT dense. I mean if a wrecking ball swung behind me and destroyed a building it's not like I wouldn't notice. unless Angus Young was riding it. then i'll give the cold shoulder.

Don't worry man, I was just saying some words to justify my "white folks are awful" comment. Pretend it just says "lalalalalalalala white folks are awful."

pepper_green 03.31.2016 05:45 PM

haha! gotcha! white folks ARE awful! yep.

guest 03.31.2016 11:44 PM

pale cocoon - 青空の実験室 [secret sounds]

amm - the crypt

masami akita x eiko ishibashi - kouen kyoudai

The Soup Nazi 04.01.2016 04:16 PM

evollove 04.01.2016 07:11 PM

I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect this has been touched up quite a bit after the fact. I know "everyone does it," but it still feels a little unethical to me. Still, it's Johnny, so I'll take whatever brilliance there is to be had.

Also, why didn't a loved one tell him "Adrenalin Baby" is a shitty title?

Severian 04.01.2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

Hah!

Severian 04.01.2016 07:21 PM

I wish Kanye West would "touch up" his live records. You can argue that he does, but he doesn't. All of his live albums sound pretty much like jizz. Late Orchestration's cool, but still sounds like jizz compared to how it could sound.

The Soup Nazi 04.01.2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect this has been touched up quite a bit after the fact. I know "everyone does it," but it still feels a little unethical to me. Still, it's Johnny, so I'll take whatever brilliance there is to be had.

When I saw him a coupla years ago he started screaming "Adrenalin! Adrenalin! Adrenalin! Adrenalin!" at one point between songs. I think he was on some adrenalin-pumpin'... thing. ;)