Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

al shabbray 07.13.2009 09:22 AM

women!
will have a relisten now I think.
thats what you should do too, slavo!!!
jump into your car after work. blast your ears while driving half an hour longer then every day and you will feel better!

_slavo_ 07.13.2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
why can't you just do that now? :confused: aside from smoking being bad for you. :mad:

cause it's hard, you know. our apartment is small, she's all over the place and she's that kind of girl that needs your permanent attention (not meant in a bad way, but that's just the way it is)

nicfit 07.13.2009 09:40 AM

I don't mean to sound "negative" (and it's unrelated with other people's situations, so this is not "addressed" to you, _slavoman_) but that's one of the main reasons why I'm in that relations' refusal perdiod I should pm with Nefeli about.

Like, ok, we're in the same room, but that doesn not mean we HAVE TO do things together/talk together. ok?
It's called personal space, and quieto vivere. thanks.

_slavo_ 07.13.2009 09:43 AM

totally agreed.
finally, I could rep you and I'm glad it was for this thoughtful post.

nicfit 07.13.2009 09:51 AM

Basically, going on a more personal level, I feel fucking good being alone with myself , minding all the things/thoughts that keep me busy lately.

here slavo, try and listen to ->this<-

_slavo_ 07.13.2009 10:23 AM

great, I love the dynamics of the video, how everyone's moving frantically, musicians and crowd alike.

sometimes i wish i could swap with you being single for the moment, nic. but then i think twice and say: "fuck no, that's the love of my life, no need for the egocentric part of myself to win over me". Speaking and thinking about this, it's been ages since i was single for the last time. if I don't count the three weeks in 2006 (the "inbetween relationships" time), the last time was when? 2002?

nicfit 07.13.2009 10:45 AM

I understand your pov, man, just don't let her egocentric part win over the couple (meaning: her need to have you "all for herself" at will ;)).

al shabbray 07.13.2009 12:05 PM

in the last 2 hours I made the most uplifting piece of music Ive ever done, I am scared what I squeezed out of me....

Zombie Robot 07.13.2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Like, ok, we're in the same room, but that doesn not mean we HAVE TO do things together/talk together. ok?
It's called personal space, and quieto vivere. thanks.

^so true. i thought i would be lonely living alone again, but its so nice. i can do whatever, whenever, whoever, wherever i want. i have friends over and can make em leave when im done with them.

im sorry about ur troubles boys. we ladies only smother u because we luv u.

(or we're psychotic, either way, at least u can get laid on a regular basis, rt?)

Zombie Robot 07.13.2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
in the last 2 hours I made the most uplifting piece of music Ive ever done, I am scared what I squeezed out of me....

^ nice. i want to hear al!
last time i squeezd somethn out of me it stunk. :rolleyes:

Rob Instigator 07.13.2009 12:33 PM

I hate living alone, but the idea of coming home,sitting on the porch and smoking a fine cigar and reading some books is ridiculously appealing right now.

slavo's got it goin on.

he is like my brother from another mother.

Rob Instigator 07.13.2009 12:35 PM

the ladies only smother us cuz they love us

that is very true.

al shabbray 07.13.2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Robot
^ nice. i want to hear al!
last time i squeezd somethn out of me it stunk. :rolleyes:

yeah I will let you know, the problem is I trashed my 8track some weeks ago, and I am trying to find a not so shitty sounding way to arrange some things and put it on the puter to make a mp3 out of it... hopefully this evening

SYRFox 07.13.2009 12:47 PM

I have my ticket for the Dour Festival! I'm going to see Animal Collective for the third time in a year ... Can't fucking wait. Also going to see: Fuck Buttons and Deerhoof. Yes.

greedrex 07.13.2009 01:34 PM

You'll love Deerhoof live. They fookin' rule.

_slavo_ 07.13.2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

slavo's got it goin on.

he is like my brother from another mother.

damn right. i feel a bit puerto-rican now.

SYRFox 07.13.2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
You'll love Deerhoof live. They fookin' rule.

Yes, that's what I've heard! I can't wait - though I don't know their discography that well actually.

static-harmony 07.13.2009 06:10 PM

Damn I haven't been single in almost three years.

al shabbray 07.13.2009 06:22 PM

is that good or not? :)

static-harmony 07.13.2009 08:24 PM

Good, really good.

edit- I wouldn't want to be single right now.