Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Mortte Jousimo 12.25.2014 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I knew you were serious - I just think Keith Emerson is an enemy of rock & roll.

Have you got a list of Enemies of RīN`R? Is it on your wall? How high is Emerson? What about Neil Peart? What do you do if you accidentily hear them? BTW I prefer the Nice more than ELP. But ELP has also made some interesting stuff, Pictures is quite good, but of course a little bit poor comparing the original piano masterpiece.

stu666 12.25.2014 12:26 PM

The Soup Nazi 12.25.2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Have you got a list of Enemies of RīN`R?

Yes. It's not final, though, as more enemies keep popping up from the excretable music of the world.

Quote:

Is it on your wall?

No, I save my walls and the refrigerator door for the bitchen stuff!

Quote:

How high is Emerson?

Pretty high.

Quote:

What about Neil Peart?

Quite high.

Quote:

What do you do if you accidentily hear them?

I feel like shooting myself in the face, then I do everything possible to stop the torture. If whoever's responsible for exposing me to such a travesty is around, he gets at least a :fuckyou:.

Mortte Jousimo 12.26.2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Yes. It's not final, though, as more enemies keep popping up from the excretable music of the world.

No, I save my walls and the refrigerator door for the bitchen stuff!

Pretty high.

Quite high.

I feel like shooting myself in the face, then I do everything possible to stop the torture. If whoever's responsible for exposing me to such a travesty is around, he gets at least a :fuckyou:.

:D Well, I try to tolerate all kinds of music, but sometimes when my son is listening Skrillex, I want to kill myself (heīs big Skrillex fan).

louder 12.26.2014 10:53 AM

evollove 12.26.2014 10:56 AM

Never heard Skillrex. Put them on. Perhaps the worst music I've ever heard in my life. No exaggeration. To be kind, I tried out three songs, but I soon begged God to strike me deaf.

I'm now listening to "Lucky Man." While I think prog rock is an unfortunate genre and responsible for the most tedious, unlistenable music ever made, and this ELP song really does suck, it is glorious after that Skillrex shit, which sucks on a level that frightens me to think about.

Not to worry you, Mortte, but I do wonder about the mental-health of Skillrex fans.

And then there's Kate, and I am grateful beyond words to be alive with the ability to hear sounds.

gmku 12.26.2014 11:08 AM

We had a record party yesterday. The first B-52s LP, Brian Eno's Another Green World, Kenny Burrell's Midnight Blue, the Velvet Underground and Nico LP in mono. All over the map.

The Soup Nazi 12.26.2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
We had a record party yesterday. [...] Brian Eno's Another Green World [...]

Besides being of course megaessential, that album means SO MUCH to me... Back in the day, when I still gave two shits about PEOPLE, I put it on once at a, um, social gathering, and killed the "party" cold real fuckin' quick. Dismal tasteless assclowns...

Mortte Jousimo 12.27.2014 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Never heard Skillrex. Put them on. Perhaps the worst music I've ever heard in my life. No exaggeration. To be kind, I tried out three songs, but I soon begged God to strike me deaf.

I'm now listening to "Lucky Man." While I think prog rock is an unfortunate genre and responsible for the most tedious, unlistenable music ever made, and this ELP song really does suck, it is glorious after that Skillrex shit, which sucks on a level that frightens me to think about.

Not to worry you, Mortte, but I do wonder about the mental-health of Skillrex fans.

And then there's Kate, and I am grateful beyond words to be alive with the ability to hear sounds.

Youīre absolutely right about Skrillex (well heīs got one tune thatīs quite listenable, but even that doesnīt make me cheer). Iīm not worried about my sons mental health. I listened Ummagumma at the age of his and I think my parents were then worried about my mental health. And I think many will be worried about mental health of those (like me) who listens Thurstonīs improvisations. Iīm not of course right person to say anything about my mental health, but anyway my life is quite ok, I have been in work most of my lifetime, not using drugs etc.

The Soup Nazi 12.28.2014 04:48 PM

diskaholic-anonymous 12.29.2014 04:42 AM

Mortte Jousimo 12.29.2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous

Really great album!

louder 12.29.2014 03:30 PM

floatingslowly 12.30.2014 02:22 AM

[/url]

Blood_Promise 12.30.2014 04:18 AM

Winkowink 12.30.2014 11:42 AM

Climate Of Hunter is excellent.

I'm currently listening to Sun Ra - Space Is the Place.

Severian 12.31.2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winkowink
Climate Of Hunter is excellent.

I'm currently listening to Sun Ra - Space Is the Place.

Hey, that's what I've got playing at the moment. Just picked up a nice CD reissue. One of my faves.

Winkowink 12.31.2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Hey, that's what I've got playing at the moment. Just picked up a nice CD reissue. One of my faves.

It's really good, I'm pretty new to Sun Ra but I'm very enjoying what I've got so far.

Severian 12.31.2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winkowink
It's really good, I'm pretty new to Sun Ra but I'm very enjoying what I've got so far.

Have you dug into the Heliocentric World of Sun Ra yet? The combined volumes are on iTunes for $9.99, or you can buy them separately for less per volume, but more overall. They also have an expanded version for $30... Check that shit out now if you haven't already.

The Soup Nazi 01.02.2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Streaming......Creation Rebel / New Age Steppers - Threat To Creation

ARI LIVES!

As somebody wrote, at 48 "she could still stop traffic". :) I miss her terribly.