Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

!@#$%! 11.08.2006 07:29 PM

oh shit-- failing due to emotional reasons? you know, worries & depression can fuck up your academic performance.

well journalism is shit. true. but i hope you manage & find a way to write? you don't *really* need a degree. but maybe in a couple of years you'll be ready to leave home anyway & study. english degrees are weird though-- i have one-- in "creative writing"-- go figure...

luxinterior 11.08.2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh shit-- failing due to emotional reasons? you know, worries & depression can fuck up your academic performance.

well journalism is shit. true. but i hope you manage & find a way to write? you don't *really* need a degree. but maybe in a couple of years you'll be ready to leave home anyway & study. english degrees are weird though-- i have one-- in "creative writing"-- go figure...

The only thing that I can think to write now are songs, and that's fine and everything, but I'm so reluctant to actually perform for people that I can't see that going anywhere. I used to like doing film reviews and that sort of thing, but there hasn't been much of a reason for that lately. I guess my problem is that I need a reason to write, and when I know that I don't have an outlet for whatever it is that I am working on, it's hard to finish. Because yeah, I do it for myself, but how much satisfaction can you get out of just reading your own stuff? Not much, is what I am thinking.

!@#$%! 11.08.2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
The only thing that I can think to write now are songs, and that's fine and everything, but I'm so reluctant to actually perform for people that I can't see that going anywhere. I used to like doing film reviews and that sort of thing, but there hasn't been much of a reason for that lately. I guess my problem is that I need a reason to write, and when I know that I don't have an outlet for whatever it is that I am working on, it's hard to finish. Because yeah, I do it for myself, but how much satisfaction can you get out of just reading your own stuff? Not much, is what I am thinking.

hm... i don't know where you live-- i mean not in college, but when you go back home-- in any case, small towns seem to have the easiest access for people who want to get their stuff published. i just got myself a movie review column in a local magazine. i'm not expecting anything but to have fun with it...

Iain 11.09.2006 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
I guess my problem is that I need a reason to write, and when I know that I don't have an outlet for whatever it is that I am working on, it's hard to finish.

I completely identify with that. I had thought about persuing a similar kind of thing but suffer from the same problem. Without any reason or deadline I am completely crippled...

next step 11.09.2006 01:58 PM

me some days ago while I was photographing a little vulcan!

next step 11.09.2006 05:18 PM

still last day in the autumn.

davenotdead 11.10.2006 12:21 AM

i always look like i'm going to or have just come from a rave...those are plastic forks in my hair...this was taken a few months ago.

Cantankerous 11.10.2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
It's great not having them.

Here are some really old pictures. Probably summer of 2005 or something:

hayden, you look like shaun white.

golden child 11.10.2006 12:34 AM

next, you remind me of dom fernow.

Cantankerous 11.10.2006 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

i always look like i'm going to or have just come from a rave...those are plastic forks in my hair...this was taken a few months ago.

SCREECH!

davenotdead 11.10.2006 12:44 AM

haha....if thats a term of endearment, ill take it....

luxinterior 11.10.2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

Godspell!

Ripchord 11.10.2006 10:23 AM

ni'k 11.10.2006 10:37 AM

flubular chin

cockface

Danny Himself 11.10.2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripchord

So you just hang around playgrounds at night?

Incesticide 11.10.2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by next step
me some days ago while I was photographing a little vulcan!

Good pic !

cuetzpalin 11.10.2006 01:11 PM

Ripchord 11.10.2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
So you just hang around playgrounds at night?

Yes, i do. I live in the suburbs, there's not much else here.

Danny Himself 11.11.2006 08:28 AM

Well, same here... but, like- I don't know. There's something rather strange about your activities. :p

Ripchord 11.11.2006 10:28 AM

Yeah, i'm a pretty strange person.