Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

gmku 03.16.2012 06:45 PM

Air ~ moon Safari

keep poppin pimples 03.16.2012 08:31 PM

michael stearns-ancient leaves

stu666 03.17.2012 08:33 AM

^ nice!

sonic sphere 03.17.2012 08:34 AM

gmku 03.17.2012 09:06 AM

How is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
^ nice!

stu666 03.17.2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
How is this?

You haven't heard it? It's very good, in fact I think it's become my favourite SYR release. It's a really nice instrumental album with Lee and Thurston also playing piano. It sort of reminds me a tiny bit of some of the Demonlover/Kali Yug Express tracks. I'd say it's the best Sonic Youth release since Murray Street and you should go and search for it right now!

the big quasar 03.17.2012 03:13 PM

Who the Cap Fit - Bob Marley

stu666 03.17.2012 06:43 PM

the ikara cult 03.17.2012 07:01 PM

louder 03.18.2012 03:35 AM

luv it.

stu666 03.18.2012 04:37 AM

sonic sphere 03.18.2012 07:02 AM

gmku 03.18.2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
You haven't heard it? It's very good, in fact I think it's become my favourite SYR release. It's a really nice instrumental album with Lee and Thurston also playing piano. It sort of reminds me a tiny bit of some of the Demonlover/Kali Yug Express tracks. I'd say it's the best Sonic Youth release since Murray Street and you should go and search for it right now!

I must have it, then. I am visiting the store this week. If they do not have it, I will ask the nice store people to order it for me. On LP, of course.

stu666 03.18.2012 08:58 AM

gmku 03.18.2012 10:01 AM

Good one.

Murmer99 03.18.2012 12:57 PM

gmku 03.18.2012 03:16 PM

And how is SYR 5? (I stopped collecting these after 4, I think.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99

gmku 03.18.2012 03:52 PM

It's been a relatively music-free weekend. Sometimes I need that. Sometimes I need to take a break and not listen to anything.

Yesterday morning I tuned in to the local radio station's Saturday morning jazz program. Oftentimes I love this program. But sometimes they get into this corny doo-wop vocal jazz thing, which just irritates the shit out of me and the girlfriend. After about the fourth scatting goddamn song, I got so pissed off that I switched off the tuner, grabbed my LP copy of The Clifford Brown Memorial Album (Blue Note) slipped the LP out of the jacket, slapped it on the JVC QL-Y5F, hit play, and sank into the couch. A few minutes later, my girlfriend said, "Hey, nice. Now they're into some sultry jazz."

I said, "No, honey, that's my record."

"Oh. Who is it?"

"Clifford Brown. From the early 50s. Blue Note record."

"Oh. Trumpet player?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, nice."

I was happy again. My girlfriend said that my Clifford Brown album was nice. I got up from the couch and went to the kichen and made some fresh coffee in our french press. We listened to the record while she worked on her Web site and I checked my bank account, paid some bills, and wrote some to-do lists.

dirty bunny 03.18.2012 09:18 PM

Just listened to a new song by Lee Ranaldo... sounds pretty good :)

Pookie 03.19.2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
It's been a relatively music-free weekend. Sometimes I need that. Sometimes I need to take a break and not listen to anything.

Yesterday morning I tuned in to the local radio station's Saturday morning jazz program. Oftentimes I love this program. But sometimes they get into this corny doo-wop vocal jazz thing, which just irritates the shit out of me and the girlfriend. After about the fourth scatting goddamn song, I got so pissed off that I switched off the tuner, grabbed my LP copy of The Clifford Brown Memorial Album (Blue Note) slipped the LP out of the jacket, slapped it on the JVC QL-Y5F, hit play, and sank into the couch. A few minutes later, my girlfriend said, "Hey, nice. Now they're into some sultry jazz."

I said, "No, honey, that's my record."

"Oh. Who is it?"

"Clifford Brown. From the early 50s. Blue Note record."

"Oh. Trumpet player?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, nice."

I was happy again. My girlfriend said that my Clifford Brown album was nice. I got up from the couch and went to the kichen and made some fresh coffee in our french press. We listened to the record while she worked on her Web site and I checked my bank account, paid some bills, and wrote some to-do lists.

This is EXACTLY the same scenario that unfolded in my household yesterday. EXACTLY (apart from my Clifford Brown being the original RCA version).