Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.31.2011 03:03 AM

auto-aim 05.31.2011 03:19 PM

This!
& also that Manic Mansion fan re-make blows my mind!

Ghostchase 05.31.2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
F-Zero GX all the way. It's not only prettier graphically, but much faster too.

I think it's only like $5 @ GameStop now.

Yeah I bought GX ages ago and neglected it, so I'm going to play it through it finally. I was also thinking about downloading X too and trying it out.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.31.2011 05:11 PM

^ Definitely the best racer on the 'cube aside from Double Dash!! imho. The ship customization is also very satisfying.

Re-bought a DS off of noisereducks and tricked it out WICKED CLOWN STYLE today!!!!

Picked up Flower Sun & Rain yesterday! I'm so pumped to finally get my hands on this game. I really like Suda51's work.

Also need to re-buy Meteos ASAP.

Pax Americana 05.31.2011 05:19 PM

Alright, I've conquered Demon's Souls. Great game, by the way.

Fuckin' blast from the past time!

My friends and I used to play sooooo much NHL 94. Man, the 90's kicked ass! Been playing as Winnipeg in honor of their grand return to the league. One-timers, baby!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.31.2011 05:33 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pax Americana again.

EVOLghost 05.31.2011 06:04 PM

Oh...Joe....you bought his phat DS?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.31.2011 07:37 PM

^ Yup, I've been in a game collecting frenzy as of late!

Plays like a dream on the GCN Gameboy Player.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.01.2011 01:34 PM

FRESHLY IMPORTED!!

Derek 06.01.2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Re-bought a DS off of noisereducks and tricked it out WICKED CLOWN STYLE today!!!!

Rad. I have a XBXRX sticker on my DS. Though that's probably not as cool as an ICP sticker.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.01.2011 03:39 PM

^ It's not too far off! :p

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.02.2011 02:19 PM

Flower, Sun & Rain (DS)

I'm not gonna lie, even as a fan of Suda's work it took me a second to really gel with the flow of this game. However, the deeper I get into it, the more and more I can't stop thinking about it.

EVOLghost 06.03.2011 01:09 PM

Street Fighter ALPHA 2. I'm trying to learn to use Rolento effectively

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.04.2011 01:59 AM

Soul Calibur (JP) (DC)

Marvel vs Capcom (JP) (DC)

:D:D

krastian 06.04.2011 08:19 PM

^Love both of those.

floatingslowly 06.04.2011 08:41 PM

$5 on steam today.

beat it once on the 360, but the deal's too sweet to pass up.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.05.2011 12:03 AM

I've been game hopping a lot lately, as I can't seem to stop purchasing new Dreamcast games for myself. Taking a short D2 break. Still playing FSR any chance that I get.

Also played some NBA Jam and Sonic earlier.

But anyway... the environments in PSO are absolutely gorgeous, and the gameplay is a blast! I'm a total Phantasy Star virgin so this world is completely new to me, and I've gotta say - I'm fucking impressed.

I haven't tried any of the homebrew servers that people play on these days yet, I'll wait until I pick up my Dreamcast keyboard(s) with Typing of the Dead for that.

Oh, joy....!

Ghostchase 06.05.2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Flower, Sun & Rain (DS)

I'm not gonna lie, even as a fan of Suda's work it took me a second to really gel with the flow of this game. However, the deeper I get into it, the more and more I can't stop thinking about it.

I'm a huge SUDA 51 fan, I'm gonna have to pick this up asap, looks good. Does it play well?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.05.2011 03:07 PM

It really does in the sense that you get very engrossed in the story. The actual gameplay revolves mostly around performing random errands for people that lead up to unlocking the proper lock combination for whatever it is you need to jack into, with the help of your hotel guidebook. It's pretty slow-moving at times, but engaging (almost haunting) nonetheless.

The game's really funny, and the graphics are stylishly harsh - the sound is exquisite... it really shows that this one was originally available for the PS2 in Japan (and that's a good thing).

But like I said, expect something a little more text-based and slow-paced compared to Killer7 or No More Heroes.

Have you ever played that survival horror game he did, Michigan? I was just reading up on it and would love to try it once I clear out m backlog a bit.

Ghostchase 06.05.2011 03:37 PM

I've always been anti-Sony for the longest time and have just changed my ways, so no. But I have researched it and it really appealed to me, a cameraman running thru some haunted town, correct?