Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   current obsessions? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6722)

Sonic Youth Gossip 08.11.2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

That is so fuckin rad

chrome noise tape 08.11.2009 05:35 AM

noise guitar
writing
wake up early (5.30 am)

terriblecanyons 08.11.2009 05:38 AM

yes, I am a weirdo. yes, that is what I do. <3

terriblecanyons 08.11.2009 05:41 AM

do so. preferrably when it's dark so I can recover from ym future hangoer

terriblecanyons 08.11.2009 05:42 AM

it is indeed.

_slavo_ 08.11.2009 06:08 AM

Lomography

SYRFox 08.11.2009 06:54 AM

beatmaching and djing

TheFoxBen 08.11.2009 06:56 AM

Arrested Development

_slavo_ 08.11.2009 07:02 AM

schlongs with ribbons

SONIC GAIL 08.11.2009 08:46 AM

I am obsessive....compulsive disorder..lack of money...am I a bad mom...do I work hard enough.....is the pill I remember putting in my wallet still there..I must check again even though I know it's there I just have to check.....do I have enough ciggarettes I must have an unopened pack on reserve at all times.....what is the worst possible outcome of all situations I encounter..always expect the worst and I can never be let down

atsonicpark 08.11.2009 08:59 AM

atsonicpark 08.11.2009 09:01 AM

I have OCD, too. It's.. uh.. kinda shitty, usually. Some of the stuff you're describing affects me. I have my keys on one of those latches that goes around one of those loops where a belt should go underneath on my pants... and I hear them jangling and dangling but I still have to grab them and make sure they're there every few minutes. I check my watch every minute or two. Also, everything I own is alphabetized. All clothes are colour-ized.

SONIC GAIL 08.11.2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I have OCD, too. It's.. uh.. kinda shitty, usually. Some of the stuff you're describing affects me. I have my keys on one of those latches that goes around one of those loops where a belt should go underneath on my pants... and I hear them jangling and dangling but I still have to grab them and make sure they're there every few minutes. I check my watch every minute or two. Also, everything I own is alphabetized. All clothes are colour-ized.

The craziest part is that if you went into my house you would have no clue that I'm obsessed. It is a mess! I think that if I don't clean EVERYTHING at once it isn't good enough. (all or nothin mentality)So I clean once a week and get so in depth that it takes me like 4 hours to clean my kitchen. I will leave dishes in the sink for 2 days...but I cannot tolerate the inside of my cabinets to be a mess.

I have been better since I have been on Prozac, but it does'nt make it all go away. I like to alphabetize things too, and I hang my clothes by what type they are, and have 2 seperate areas to separate them by season.

Once, I put a ciggarette out on the concrete then put the butt into the trash can in the garage of my father in laws new house. We then left the house to go out to eat. I was convinced for the entire day that his house was going to catch on fire from my cigg butt even though I KNOW it was out. I just NEEDED to check. Needless to say the house did not catch fire.

atsonicpark 08.11.2009 09:16 AM

Haha.

One thing I do that's weird is.. you know how sometimes that are squares in the concrete.. like, say you'll walk and there are lines dividied the squares or recentangles? I like to make sure the number of times my left foot first steps on the concrete matches the number of times my right foot first steps on the concrete, if that makes sense.

SONIC GAIL 08.11.2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Haha.

One thing I do that's weird is.. you know how sometimes that are squares in the concrete.. like, say you'll walk and there are lines dividied the squares or recentangles? I like to make sure the number of times my left foot first steps on the concrete matches the number of times my right foot first steps on the concrete, if that makes sense.

I can totally understand that!
I am an Interior Designer so I find myself memorizing the layouts of buildings that I go in, and analyzing the furniture. I design office cubicles, so when I watch TV I am more interested in figuring out what brand the cubicles are and how they are put together than in the story line. I think that's why I am good at this job. Obsession has some good sides.

Rob Instigator 08.11.2009 12:10 PM

my current obsession is handmade cigars

demonrail666 08.11.2009 12:22 PM

lamb

Sonic Youth 37 08.11.2009 12:28 PM

Christmas lights
Screeching Weasel
Vitamin C
True Blood

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.11.2009 12:37 PM

Weed
Mr. Show