Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The comic book thread of comic books (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=114068)

noisereductions 07.07.2017 10:07 PM

That looks really interesting.

Severian 07.09.2017 01:36 PM

Currently reading The Unworthy Thor vol. 1 TPB (and it's fucking awesome).

Also read the first issue of Black Bolt, and it was pretty good.

Also have been reading the more recent Old Man Logan comics. I think I'm up to speed now. He just fought Dracula, and went into space.

That's a good book... Old Man Logan. Edgy as fuck.

noisereductions 07.20.2017 10:16 PM

Tom King announced that starting w #33 Joelle Jones is doing art for Batman. She is my fav artist right now. Awesome.

Severian 07.20.2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Tom King announced that starting w #33 Joelle Jones is doing art for Batman. She is my fav artist right now. Awesome.

I can't wait for that White Knight thing.

noisereductions 07.20.2017 10:28 PM

yeah that sounds cool too.

But I can't tell you how awesome it is to see Joelle on such a major book. She's so awesome.

Severian 07.20.2017 10:30 PM

NR: Have you heard of this? The TDKR prequel that came out last year to virtually no fanfare?

Miller and John Romita Jr. do a Joker-centric story of the events after Jason Todd's death, in "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - The Last Crusade."

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/07...e-last-crusade

(!!!)

noisereductions 07.20.2017 10:32 PM

yeah. I own it. Well, my wife does. Neither of us read it yet tho.

LifeDistortion 07.21.2017 02:09 PM

Any cool news coming out of SDCC?

noisereductions 07.21.2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Any cool news coming out of SDCC?

the leaked poster for Avengers: Infinity War made my heart skip a few beats. Seeing the Guardians Of The Galaxy on the same poster as Avengers and Spider-Man was kind of a "so this is what it's all been leading up to" moment.

LifeDistortion 07.21.2017 02:52 PM

Would love to hear any updates from Scott Snyder on Wytches and possibly any new American Vampire SLs, but I think he's mostly there to promote Batman Metal. I also wonder if there will be any tributes to Bernie Wrightson.

Severian 07.21.2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Would love to hear any updates from Scott Snyder on Wytches and possibly any new American Vampire SLs, but I think he's mostly there to promote Batman Metal. I also wonder if there will be any tributes to Bernie Wrightson.

I've not read this Wytches but I've heard great things, and I like Scott Snyder quite a bit. Quite a fucking lot actually. The Court of Owls was one of the best additions to the Bat-mythos since fucking ... I don't even know. Since ... bah. Whatever. Long time.

Severian 07.21.2017 06:40 PM

DC/Warner Bros. are going to phase out Ben Affleck's Batman.

Right before the JL movie, a would-be universe building endeavor, is set to come out.

What the fuck? Could they not have figured this out in like 2015? Of course he's not going to work for a number of reasons, but now what the hell are they going to do? Swap him out?

Burn it all down.

noisereductions 07.21.2017 11:23 PM

Well that's rumored. But agreed weird if true.

Severian 07.25.2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Well that's rumored. But agreed weird if true.

Yeah, I guess it is just a rumor. It's weird though... I wanted him to leave since he first took the part. But now he's embedded, and leaving would cause more problems than it would solve, so I don't Fucking know.

I guess there's still hope for certain parts of the franchise, but I think a Batman movie with Batfleck would be the death of everything.

I want them to rebuild from scratch, and do individual movies. NOT build up to a team flick. Great Superman trilogy, great Wonder Woman trilogy, eventually a great Green Lantern and Flash movie at least, if things go well. But these characters don't work as plot devices in the same way Marvel's do. They're older and their stories are less intertwined.

I just want a good fucking Supes series really. Goddammit.

Severian 07.25.2017 11:25 AM

Still haven't seen Spider-Man: Homecoming. Hear it's good.

Severian 07.26.2017 10:30 AM

War of Jokes and Riddles is pretty much shit. Filler story. Now a Kite-Man interlude? Stakes better get high fast. This is nowhere near as good as I am Gotham/I Am Bane.

noisereductions 07.28.2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Still haven't seen Spider-Man: Homecoming. Hear it's good.

saw it a few weeks ago. It's pretty great.

Severian 07.31.2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

saw it a few weeks ago. It's pretty great.

I saw it last night. Best Spider-Man movie by a mile.

I read about some "moment" where Michael Keaton "transcends" what it means — or can mean — to be a villain. I never saw that moment, and I believe it was just hot air (and yes, I watched both post-credit scenes).

Good fun though. Good Spider-Man.

noisereductions 07.31.2017 12:36 PM

I don't know about a "moment." I'd say the scene w/ the car ride to the prom (and leading up to that ride) was the best Keaton part of the movie. Really well done.

evollove 09.26.2017 01:22 PM

Rich Perotta is speaking tonight about a block from me. I'm not familiar with him. Should I go?