Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The last albums you bought but hate (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6950)

Signpost 10.13.2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

heard an album in its entirety on the radio (yeah, right),

In Poland there was a period of time ( i think it was from 60's till late 80's) when our radio had a lot of shows where entire records were presented.

ricechex 10.13.2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signpost
In Poland there was a period of time ( i think it was from 60's till late 80's) when our radio had a lot of shows where entire records were presented.

Eagles of Death MEtal, the dude from Queens of the Stone age's side project. That was a while ago, probably about a year ago, but that's awful, awful, stuff. i think the Queens has got to be helping out a best friend. i hope b/c its cheeze, and not in a good carefree way, if there is such a thing. really dissapointed with that one.

HaydenAsche 10.13.2006 01:31 PM

EODM are completely harmless joke music. That's the point. It's supposed to be shitty. "Speaking in Tongues" always make me start dancing.

ricechex 10.13.2006 02:20 PM

whatever it is, it's just bad. bad in a crappy shitty way. not crappy in a shitty good way. flat straight out bad.

Savage Clone 10.13.2006 02:24 PM

Virgin Insanity - Illusions Of The Maintenance Man

Norma J 10.14.2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Triple J over here play entire records. They'll also have a new release record that they'll play random songs off over the duration of the week, on pretty high rotation. etc etc.

LittlePuppetBoy 10.15.2006 09:01 AM

[quote=gmku]None!? Wow.

quote]

Well...there are a few albums that are just okay.

Danny Himself 10.15.2006 09:10 AM

I got Beck's "The Information" and listened to it twice.

sonicl 10.16.2006 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'm a 7 inch junky.

Hee hee. A thread on records that people have bought and hate, and Hayden still manages to bring up penis size and drug habits!

golden child 10.16.2006 03:12 AM

ill have to check, but i got this temporary xerox zoology cdr off ebay that blows ass. i couldnt even finish the damn thing, EJECT, EJECT.

i didnt even mean to buy it, i accidenly hit buy now...

HaydenAsche 10.16.2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden child
ill have to check, but i got this temporary xerox zoology cdr off ebay that blows ass. i couldnt even finish the damn thing, EJECT, EJECT.

i didnt even mean to buy it, i accidenly hit buy now...

Ha. You got pwnt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Hee hee. A thread on records that people have bought and hate, and Hayden still manages to bring up penis size and drug habits!

Yes. I know. I'm fantastic, etc.

Everyneurotic 10.16.2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

same here in mexico, my mom heard everything from captain beefheart and nevermind the bollocks to metallica's master of puppets on the radio.

in the early to mid 90's, once a week, they played a whole new album and people commented on it, talked about how it was recorded and shit. on sundays, they used to play a "classic" album.

Pookie 10.16.2006 11:10 AM

I recently went through a brief stage of buying some CD's by bands I used to like in my youth: Conflict, GBH, Vice Squad, and other dodgy English punk from the 80's.

Every one is a stinker.

Never go back.

Savage Clone 10.16.2006 11:46 AM

I saw a BUNCH of GBH LPs in the used bin the other day.
Nostalgic urges kicked in pretty hard, but I resisted, as I was already knee-deep in a buying spree the like sof which I have not been on in some time.

finding nobody 10.16.2006 02:52 PM

Trasher02 10.16.2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody

haha what did you expect? Billy has some nice stuff but most of it sucks.

finding nobody 10.16.2006 03:10 PM

Daning with myself, white wedding, rebel yell, were the only songs i liked

BUT this album had an acoustic version of Rebel Yell. I expected more from the guy

k-krack 10.16.2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody

Vomit. I did the same thing for him a while ago. Sold that shit.

Everyneurotic 10.16.2006 04:12 PM

oi! sucks very hard.

sonicl 10.17.2006 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
I recently went through a brief stage of buying some CD's by bands I used to like in my youth: Conflict, GBH, Vice Squad, and other dodgy English punk from the 80's.

Every one is a stinker.

Never go back.

I've been having the same trouble with goth stuff. Sisters of Mercy is the only one that still presses the right buttons.