Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Share your recipes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=36106)

knox 12.07.2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Which weird 1970s cookery book are you getting these recipes from?

I can't wait for your recipe for prawn spoons.

no book.
just stuff ive been cooking to eat.
because i like it. because it tastes good.
not because im trying to impress you or anyone.
not because im nigella lawson either.

amerikangod 12.07.2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
knee biscuits.

Much fresher than Gorilla Biscuits.

Pookie 12.07.2009 07:31 PM

Bimby? Is that your pet name for your girlfriend?

knox 12.07.2009 07:38 PM

2 out of ten but

apparently

ni'k 12.09.2009 02:24 AM

i am on an anti candida diet. This means i can eat exactly fuck all.

looking glass spectacle 12.09.2009 02:30 AM

Acceptable Cobbler:

This is a actual simple ambrosia that anyone should be able to make. First get one ample can of peaches in blubbery abstract at the store. You will aswell charge cocky ascent flour, one stick of butter, milk, and delicate sugar.

Place your stick of adulate in a abetment pan (I use the bright ones). Calefaction your oven to 375 degrees. Put pan with the adulate in the oven, but the time you get the additional capacity accessible it should be melted.

In a big basin amalgamate one cup of cocky ascent flower, one cup of delicate sugar, and one cup of milk. Activity until combined.

Take your baking pan out of the oven and cascade this admixture in the pan over the butter. Do not stir. Then beanery in your peaches. Afresh do not stir.

Bake the cobbler for about 45 account or until the top is aureate brown. Serve with a beat of your admired ice cream

Satan 12.09.2009 03:24 AM

anyone need drink recipes?

Glice 12.09.2009 05:51 AM

Not from a fucking American!

gmku 12.09.2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
anyone need drink recipes?

Fuck drink recipes. Liquor makes people mean. Stick with beer and wine. Simple to pour, and they make people happy. All else is junk.

Inhuman 12.09.2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyourfiend
Trust me, it's actually quite amazing. It doesn't look as incredible as it tastes but I've honestly never had a tastier soup. Even my carnivore fiends ask for seconds. If you don't like the eggplant, replace with chicken.

I do dishes like that all the time, the peanuts and coriander really do their thang'. I would likely replace the eggplant with fried tofu though :p

Inhuman 12.09.2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
That looks like a fine meal to me. Although I'll agree that anything explicitly labelled 'vegan' is a massive turn-off for me.

Out of mere curiosity, can I ask why?

Glice 12.09.2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Out of mere curiosity, can I ask why?

Sure - obviously, if I was a vegan it'd be a different matter. The problem is that I've eaten plenty of things that are vegan. In fact, I ate vegan last night, without realising it. You can make great food that is technically vegan, but as soon as it's labelled as vegan it tends to go into the arid world of lentils and faux-sausages, which is largely deplorable. In any given situation, if someone says, "Hey, I've made an awesome meal" I'll go "Yeah motherfucker, I'm down b" but it they say "Hey guys, I've made an awesome meal - and it's vegan!" I tend to drift towards the chippy.

jon boy 12.09.2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Sure - obviously, if I was a vegan it'd be a different matter. The problem is that I've eaten plenty of things that are vegan. In fact, I ate vegan last night, without realising it. You can make great food that is technically vegan, but as soon as it's labelled as vegan it tends to go into the arid world of lentils and faux-sausages, which is largely deplorable. In any given situation, if someone says, "Hey, I've made an awesome meal" I'll go "Yeah motherfucker, I'm down b" but it they say "Hey guys, I've made an awesome meal - and it's vegan!" I tend to drift towards the chippy.

its true! now i come to think about it a lot of what i make is vegan without really wanting it to be in the first place. we had a delicious chinese meal last night that was purely fucking amazing and not an animal cell in sight. surely the chinese have vegan cookery down to the fine art.

Glice 12.09.2009 12:26 PM

Can you even get chips any more, by the way? I'd struggle to live without a decent chippy.

jon boy 12.09.2009 12:36 PM

yeh i can get chips. theres a few places around, all with terrible 'english' references on the wall like tube signs, pictures of blair and called things like mind the gap and the three lions. plus i taught the wife the merits of a good home cooked chip. none of that 'potato wedges' crap for me anymore.

Zombie Robot 12.09.2009 01:03 PM

BLACK BEAN HUMMUS-
This is the absolute best hummus I have ever had. It goes great with some toasted pita bread...

Ingredients
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans; drain and reserve liquid
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 10 Greek olives
Directions
  1. Mince garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Add black beans, 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, tahini, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper; process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add additional seasoning and liquid to taste. Garnish with paprika and Greek olives.

knox 12.09.2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
yeh i can get chips. theres a few places around, all with terrible 'english' references on the wall like tube signs, pictures of blair and called things like mind the gap and the three lions. plus i taught the wife the merits of a good home cooked chip. none of that 'potato wedges' crap for me anymore.

hahah what

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
no book.
just stuff ive been cooking to eat.
because i like it. because it tastes good.
not because im trying to impress you or anyone.
not because im nigella lawson either.

She's the hottest woman on the planet. And she's English. :p

knox 12.09.2009 03:27 PM

its a good sign that everybody thinks she's hot. because sort of, she looks like 332190.034942372332 other people and she eats like a pig and all.

jon boy 12.09.2009 03:35 PM

i dont like her. but thats just me.

Anngella 12.09.2009 03:43 PM

I'm no cook but seasoning salt (and like any other spice I can find) in scrambled eggs is the fucking BOMB.

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

its a good sign that everybody thinks she's hot. because sort of, she looks like 332190.034942372332 other people and she eats like a pig and all.

No she doesn't.

wellcharge 12.09.2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyourfiend
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbreci...p?RecipeID=449

this is the most delicious dish i've ever cooked.

plus, it's vegan!

ooh,i'm going to make it

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 04:40 PM

Did anyone see Nigella Lawson on the Late Show? It was cringeworthy watching David Letterman clowning around like a frat boy on heat. Nigella must've thought he was a right wanker. Which he is, anyway.

knox 12.09.2009 05:06 PM

funny you calling other people wankers.

!@#$%! 12.09.2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

and she eats like a pig and all.

that's the hottest part of all. voracious appetites for the win.

Keeping It Simple 12.10.2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

funny you calling other people wankers.

Has anyone ever called you a wanker, knox?

knox 12.10.2009 04:11 PM

no, its usually bitch.

EVOLghost 03.28.2010 11:06 AM

any recipes easy to make? me mum is out of town and I'm sick of eating shitty food....

knox 03.28.2010 11:11 AM

i'm eating steak and oven chips, can't get any easier than that.