Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Someone must like him. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6020)

Glice 09.12.2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I was going to add Rod Stewart to the list, but I'm not too sure if he's done anything in recent years.

By that token, Tom Jones, surely?

Hip Priest 09.12.2006 03:03 PM

No, it's much older. It's in the background of an episode of The Young Ones, and he sings something about rain coming down.

Someone told me it was Cliff. I'm not even sure of that though, to be honest.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.12.2006 03:04 PM

I'm glad you didn't add Elvis Costello to that list. I assume some of you would figure him to be of the like.

Where is Bruce? Aha.

BS.

Glice 09.12.2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I'm glad you didn't add Elvis Costello to that list. I assume some of you would figure him to be of the like.

Where is Bruce? Aha.

BS.

Bruce, you may note, isn't British, unlike the rest of the list.

Unless you mean Forsythe, of course.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.12.2006 03:14 PM

Oh, I didn't realize that until now.

By the way Glice, your sounds were strangely like a lullaby, especially during a rainy night. The melody during the first half of the first track, sweet. I liked it very much! I burned that shit onto CD today!

pantophobia 09.12.2006 03:19 PM

Elton John

not a gulity pleasure at all, one of the greatest songwriters (with Bernie Taupin) of all time

Hip Priest 09.12.2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
Elton John...not a gulity pleasure at all, one of the greatest songwriters (with Bernie Taupin) of all time

It shouldn't be a guilty pleasure, that's not what I meant at all. I like Sting because he's class, it's as simple as that.

It just occurred to me that it's hard to square these people's record sales and financial success with the fact that you very rarely meet anyone who proclaims themselves to be a fan.

Glice 09.12.2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Oh, I didn't realize that until now.

By the way Glice, your sounds were strangely like a lullaby, especially during a rainy night. The melody during the first half of the first track, sweet. I liked it very much! I burned that shit onto CD today!

Excellent, glad to hear it.

nomadicfollower 09.12.2006 03:36 PM

I like Clapton. Or, better, I like Layla and Cocaine.

pokkeherrie 09.12.2006 07:13 PM

tough one! i wouldn't go as far as saying i actually like one of these artists... i can't really vote for the last option either because just occasionally there's some song that stucks in my head. a few months ago there was even this robbie williams song i liked. i can't see myself ever liking anything by cliff richard though, he's always annoyed me to great ends. if i had to pick one of these options i'd go for george michael i guess.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 09.12.2006 07:50 PM

e.c.

k-krack 09.12.2006 08:05 PM

the last option.

Cantankerous 09.12.2006 08:25 PM

elton john! i fucking love elton john, but only his stuff up until the early 70s.

atari 2600 09.12.2006 10:39 PM

I can understand if people don't exactly make any of these top priority, but everyone really should own them. They are all very good recordings.

I'll post them from best to least best.

HaydenAsche 09.12.2006 10:40 PM

I'd do George Michael.

atari 2600 09.12.2006 10:40 PM

atari 2600 09.12.2006 10:41 PM

atari 2600 09.12.2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'd do George Michael.

In case you haven't heard, George Michael is now officially the horniest man alive.

24 July 2006
GEORGE MICHAEL'S LOVER: 'I STICK BY HIM'
By Fiona Cummins Showbiz Reporter
GEORGE Michael's lover Kenny Goss (ed. who he's been with for over 10 years) vowed to stand by him yesterday over his latest scandal.
George, 43, was pictured after romping with a man of 58 in a park.
Kenny, to wed the star this year, said at the door of their North London home: "This is behind us.

"That's everything we are going to say on the subject. We're getting on with the rest of our lives."

George was caught in bushes at North London's gay pick-up spot Hampstead Heath after a 2am encounter with jobless Norman Kirtland.

(ed. pictured below)

Kirtland said they had kissed and fondled.

George later branded the story "total bull***t".

In February he was cautioned for having pot after being found slumped in his car. In 1998 he exposed himself to a US officer.

HaydenAsche 09.12.2006 10:49 PM

He could kiss and fondle me in the park anytime.

Cantankerous 09.12.2006 10:50 PM

i would really like to see you dressed as an undercover cop.