Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Songs that creep you out (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11782)

TheMadcapLaughs 03.30.2007 01:52 PM

Confusion is Sex was pretty creepy when i first heard it. Shaking Hell and She's in Bad Mood perticularly.

the ikara cult 03.30.2007 01:56 PM

I always tend to think of Bad Moon Rising as the creepier, i think the word that best describes Confusion is sex is abrasive. Where those noises came from ill never know

Cardinal Rob 03.30.2007 02:06 PM

Never let this thread fall off the first page. I'm downloading a few of the aforementioned on OiNK.

Shiela Na Gig by Nurse With Wound freaked out a girl I know back when it was on my space.

the ikara cult 03.30.2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardinal Rob
Never let this thread fall off the first page. I'm downloading a few of the aforementioned on OiNK.

Shiela Na Gig by Nurse With Wound freaked out a girl I know back when it was on my space.

Is that some kind of perverted cover of the PJ Harvey song or is it another song altogether?

LittlePuppetBoy 03.30.2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I always tend to think of Bad Moon Rising as the creepier

Hey, yeah. I forgot to mention BMR. That album does have an aura of creepiness around it.

the ikara cult 03.30.2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
Hey, yeah. I forgot to mention BMR. That album does have an aura of creepiness around it.

Ive said this before but i think its the soundtrack to the Blair Witch project 15 years early.

Cardinal Rob 03.30.2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Is that some kind of perverted cover of the PJ Harvey song or is it another song altogether?

I'd suppose that it's our Stapleton's own. It sounds like a wounded animal. Beautiful.

screamingskull 03.30.2007 03:13 PM

Anything by Radiohead, my mum's ex boyfriend used to listen to them ALL THE TIME!!!!, he was creepy, and Radiohead reminds me of him.

tesla69 03.30.2007 04:06 PM

"Bisexual Punk" sung by one of the Manson Children...I'm not friggin kidding!

Onani Nic 03.30.2007 06:24 PM

Striborg- Nocturnal Emissions

Actually pretty much anything by striborg.

Katy 03.30.2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardinal Rob

Quote:

EDIT: oops, I meant to post a picture not a link.

the ikara cult 03.30.2007 06:40 PM

Im aware of what Sheila na gigs are thankyou

FruitLoop 03.30.2007 08:58 PM

Pretty much any of Amon Tobin's work is creepy, but supermodified, and especially out from out where? stand out from his catalogue

afterthefact 03.31.2007 11:20 AM

I think it's the 2nd or 3rd song on Tom Wait's "Alice," but it a song where he sings with this really scratchy creepy voice. And I know he ALWAYS sings with a scratchy creepy voice, but if you listened, you would know which one I am talking about. But I would going to sleep with that album on a lot, and I would have to skip that song, cause laying there in the dark, it would really creep me out.

Torn Curtain 03.31.2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
Confusion is Sex was pretty creepy when i first heard it.

Ditto.

The Lung 03.31.2007 03:16 PM

Melvins - They Must All Be Slaughtered

Listened to that with my friends in a wood at some ridiculous hour, it scared the shit out of us. Started seeing people and hearing screams.

Fushitsusha - My Precious Thing

Under the right conditions alot of intense Classical music can be creppy like some Shostakovich or Mussorgsky. Lustmord is always great to listen to when wandering around at night.

noumenal 03.31.2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lung
Under the right conditions alot of intense Classical music can be creppy like some Shostakovich or Mussorgsky.

First thing that comes to mind is Pierrot Lunaire--that shit is creepy.

Danny Himself 03.31.2007 06:22 PM

They Might Be Giants creep me out. I like them though. If you're speaking of songs, I'd probably say those songs they did with Homestar Runner.

Everyneurotic 03.31.2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FruitLoop
Pretty much any of Amon Tobin's work is creepy, but supermodified, and especially out from out where? stand out from his catalogue

yeah, they are creepy, as in awful music with poor programming skills, i said it's more shitty than creepy but oh well... (the foley room is pretty good, though)

this thread reminds me of when i listened to confusion is sex on the discman while watching the shinning really late at night, it was intense!!!

the ikara cult 04.01.2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
I think it's the 2nd or 3rd song on Tom Wait's "Alice," but it a song where he sings with this really scratchy creepy voice. And I know he ALWAYS sings with a scratchy creepy voice, but if you listened, you would know which one I am talking about. But I would going to sleep with that album on a lot, and I would have to skip that song, cause laying there in the dark, it would really creep me out.

that whole album is a head messing experience