Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hip Hop Honors 2010 = Dirty South (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39882)

Rob Instigator 06.10.2010 11:37 AM

true.
I think there's no way that Big Boi and Andre will get together for anything othe than some outkast reunion type thing.

I just would have loved to see Bushwick Bill, 'face, and the rest of the Geto Boys tearin it UP!

noisereductions 06.10.2010 11:50 AM

an Outkast reunion NEEDS to happen. Especially since IDLEWILD shouldn't be a swansong.

wellcharge 06.10.2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
oh. I guess I just don't know much about hip hop.

it's possible, in the last month i've had the opportunity to hear both chuck d and b.dolan mention drake and they weren't exactly throwing compliments, more like apathy and deep hatred respectively

davenotdead 06.10.2010 05:15 PM

what else did Gucci perform?

noisereductions 06.10.2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
it's possible, in the last month i've had the opportunity to hear both chuck d and b.dolan mention drake and they weren't exactly throwing compliments, more like apathy and deep hatred respectively

oh your one of those guys huh? Okay, let me go find someone "cool" who says that Drake is good so that we can debate then...

noisereductions 06.10.2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
what else did Gucci perform?

he did "Wasted" which was fucking sick. Loved it.

wellcharge 06.10.2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
oh your one of those guys huh? Okay, let me go find someone "cool" who says that Drake is good so that we can debate then...

hey, i'm not the one the one who said you dont know anything about hiphop, you took it there, in fact i never said anything about you at all. i merely commented on some of the artists who performed at this event, which seems like a natural thing to talk about in this thread.

you're the one who brought up hiphop knowledge when only my preferences had been previously stated, so don't blame me for at least picking good sources to use in my appeal to authority :)

Toilet & Bowels 06.11.2010 06:00 AM

i would be interested to see if any good rappers have come out saying they like drake. rappers i think are good that is.

noisereductions 06.11.2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
hey, i'm not the one the one who said you dont know anything about hiphop, you took it there, in fact i never said anything about you at all. i merely commented on some of the artists who performed at this event, which seems like a natural thing to talk about in this thread.

you're the one who brought up hiphop knowledge when only my preferences had been previously stated, so don't blame me for at least picking good sources to use in my appeal to authority :)

haha, I was just being a jerk.

noisereductions 06.11.2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i would be interested to see if any good rappers have come out saying they like drake. rappers i think are good that is.

obviously you don't like Lil Wayne or Gucci... what about Bun B? Jay-Z?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.11.2010 03:36 PM

aside from mid-90s Rap-A-Lot back catelogue shit, ALL dirty south rap is terrible, and I singlehandedly assign ALL blame for the decline and destruction of hip hop into selfish, money oriented bullshit with drone/monotonous beats and boring chorus. sorry NR, big thumbs down.