Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Godspeed You! Black Emperor > or < Silver Mt. Zion? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9579)

cryptowonderdruginvogue 01.04.2007 03:08 PM

Inhuman 01.04.2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue

tisk tisk tisk...Damn IDB. Such an emo band. "I Die Bleeding"

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.04.2007 03:10 PM

PJPQFBR? ha!

Inhuman 01.04.2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compulsive diarrhea, jico
PJPQFBR? ha!

piling jahova protestants, quickly for being remembered

Such a good band! I like their stuff off their second album!

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.04.2007 03:19 PM

haha

Pope John Paul Quartet with Friends and Blowers on the Rocks

k-krack 01.04.2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
first off, its
GODSPEED! YOU BLACK EMPEROR
not
GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR

second, i vote for Godspeed!

Wrong, twat. The ! was never after Godspeed. It was GYBE! for the first three albums, and then with Yanqui U.X.O., they changed it.

My question
Constellation's response

Where does the exclamation mark (!) go in Godspeed you Black Emperor. (I have always put it after "You", but different sources (cds, lps, internet) tell otherwise/samewise.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor. we continue to place it at the end of 'emperor' when the band's name *and* titles of the first 3 records appear together

afterthefact 01.04.2007 03:23 PM

Wow, ok, um... so who do you like better?

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.04.2007 03:23 PM

haha i was right. i want a cookie now.

Inhuman 01.04.2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Wrong, twat. The ! was never after Godspeed. It was GYBE! for the first three albums, and then with Yanqui U.X.O., they changed it.

My question
Constellation's response

Where does the exclamation mark (!) go in Godspeed you Black Emperor. (I have always put it after "You", but different sources (cds, lps, internet) tell otherwise/samewise.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor. we continue to place it at the end of 'emperor' when the band's name *and* titles of the first 3 records appear together

Ace. Just what I thought too

k-krack 01.04.2007 03:24 PM

To answer the thread question, it really depends on what I'm listening to at the moment. In all honesty, Horses in the Sky and Yanqui U.X.O. are two of the best albums I have ever heard.

k-krack 01.04.2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
Wow, ok, um... so who do you like better?

Sorry man, I didn't mean to cause a fuss, but crypto acted like he knew what was up, I had to shut the fucker down.

afterthefact 01.04.2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Sorry man, I didn't mean to cause a fuss, but crypto acted like he knew what was up, I had to shut the fucker down.

And do so, by all means. People who nitpick deserve verbal ridicule. I was just making an attempt at getting things back on topic :)

k-krack 01.04.2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

And do so, by all means. People who nitpick deserve verbal ridicule. I was just making an attempt at getting things back on topic :)

Done and done!
Quote:

To answer the thread question, it really depends on what I'm listening to at the moment. In all honesty, Horses in the Sky and Yanqui U.X.O. are two of the best albums I have ever heard.

afterthefact 01.04.2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Note: Especially raver kids...

_slavo_ 01.05.2007 03:06 AM

Well, back to the topic. A year ago, I would definitely have voted for Godspeed (as I was a diehard fan for many years), but after having seen them live last April I really reconsidered and now I guess I just like ASMZ better. Just, you know, the tension in the songs, the painful lyrics, the personality.

James Blonde 01.05.2007 10:53 AM

ASMZ is perfect sandwich music for James Blonde.

sonicl 01.05.2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i liked godspeed more but i havnt listened to them for years.

Ditto, but with better punctuation and use of upper case :D

jon boy 01.05.2007 11:01 AM

i will just keep my keyboard shut in future.

Prisstina 01.05.2007 05:53 PM

I had the chance to see Silver Mt. Zion for free with my SY show ticket stub over the summer. Unfortunately it was a bar show and I am far younger than 21.

_slavo_ 01.06.2007 03:28 PM

you missed the chance,they rock.