Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who has the messiest room? (plus a game of "I Spy") (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3455)

shentov 06.27.2006 05:53 AM

my room is messy but not so filthy/dirty at all. the main problem to my roomate is my guitars, books and photographic stuff are everywhere. or so i was told.

Tokolosh 06.27.2006 06:42 AM

I don't mind a messy room. It has character.
What makes it the pits is when there's food involved.
Banana skins between the sheets and yogurt drink in your favorite shoes... etc.

porkmarras 06.27.2006 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I don't mind a messy room. It has character.
What makes it the pits is when there's food involved.
Banana skins between the sheets and yougurt drink in your favorite shoes... etc.

True to an extent.I shared flats with people and at times it could get rather squalid but for the most part i have to draw a line somewhere or my mental sanity is in tatters.My ex-flatmate had a habit of eating takeaways and leave the box on the floor as well as piles of plates that progressively went missing from the kitchen.I'm pretty easy going to live with but that was disgusting.

Iain 06.27.2006 01:48 PM

Anything with decomposing food is where I draw the line I think. But all mannner of non decomposing clutter is fine. My room is not exactly tidy but no where near the state of that of Miss Lux....I would post a photo but my camera is in Leeds at the moment.

youthoftomorrow 06.27.2006 03:03 PM

my room is kinda messy. i keep most of my clothes in piles on the floor. there are stacks of papers and books scattered around, but nothing too bad. lux's is worse than mine.

luxinterior 06.27.2006 03:38 PM

All my room needs is a good dusting.

acousticrock87 06.27.2006 04:11 PM

Or you could just wait for a tornado to hit. That should straighten it out somewhat.

luxinterior 06.27.2006 04:21 PM

Oh aren't you clever today, Mr. Cleverpants.

EDIT: Suck it.

acousticrock87 06.27.2006 04:25 PM

Haha. Like that edit was necessary. Ya, I saw it.

luxinterior 06.27.2006 04:43 PM

There's another edit for you, just cause you seem to like them so much.

And here's another Edit:

"You must spread some EDIT around before EDITING acousticrock87 again."

For catching the first of many edits.

!@#$%! 06.27.2006 05:23 PM

wow luxy-- quite an achievement

before i got married, i would have defeated you with just the stuff that was under my bed

these days however i am a respectable citizen (in appearance at least) and my chaos is rather tame

i do however miss the ability to find anything in an instant without having to ask anyone where is it. oh the joys of photographic memory and being single.

sarramkrop 03.12.2007 08:41 PM

My room looks a bit like this tonight:

auto-aim 03.12.2007 08:53 PM

I love Francis Bacon - I'm pretty messy also. The girls like it!

k-krack 03.12.2007 09:40 PM

My room is pretty orderly... It's too small/I'm too obsessive to let it get messy.
I hate having paper on the floor becauseI fucking HATEHATEHATEHATE silverfish. I hate them with every fibre of my being. They disgust me to no end. I would prefer having fucking spiders crawling arond to having god damn silverfish. When you squish a silverfish, they are like dust. Seriously, try it, it's like squishing a really fast piece of lint and dust.

krastian 03.12.2007 09:54 PM

Francis Bacon is the best.....def. a top 5 artist for me. My screensaver is a scroll of 20 or so Bacon paintings.

Alex's Trip 03.12.2007 10:21 PM

My room is pretty organized. Not so much clean in terms of dust and dirt and all that shit...

sarramkrop 03.13.2007 04:42 AM

You should see my room now.An explosion has taken place.

sarramkrop 03.13.2007 04:52 AM

This is the sort of mess that i like because it means that i've been up to something good.If it was just lazy mess i couldn't wait to tidy it up but creative chaos suits me big time.

sarramkrop 03.13.2007 05:53 AM

Anyway, back into Bacon mood, you are all boring now.Ciao.

atari 2600 03.13.2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i have seen messier by far,. one person i know his room is the most digusting place on earth, his kitchen is full of maggots and his bed is full of old fag ends (cigarretes). he doesnt open the windows much either. thats just a small part of it as i dont want to harm you all with the details.

...like he pees in a jar and shits in a bucket too?