Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes Round 10 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14710)

Danny Himself 07.15.2007 04:56 PM

I think I may take the reins again for the next round... does anybody mind? I'm just awfully bored with this rainy english summer.

Glice 07.16.2007 01:40 PM

Right. The next tape might have a strong dancehall edge. Well, it does so far. Amongst other things. So you lot better like dancehall.

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.16.2007 02:21 PM

I for one do.

Anyway, anyone who needs my address, by all means, send a PM my way...

Danny Himself 07.17.2007 06:28 PM

I posted my tape today. I hope I sent the tape and not just an empty package.

floatingslowly 07.17.2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Right. The next tape might have a strong dancehall edge. Well, it does so far. Amongst other things. So you lot better like dancehall.

ok.

for fuck's sake I want to do this.

let me RE-list what I know to make sure I'm right:

I CAN send a CD.

are tape lengths 90 minutes? if so, would two 45 (or near) discs be a better way to go?

COVER: since the cover needs to be made to fit a tape case, would it be better to actually send a blank tape and case with the (assumed) two CD's?

my insanity really shines when it comes to making mixes. I become so anal about it that it always seems to fail final production. should forum member phoenix ever decide to post-stalk this comment, she will surely give testimony to such.

I'm going to plan on this happening.

PS: I sooooo want Glice's tape.

Hip Priest 07.17.2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I for one do.

Anyway, anyone who needs my address, by all means, send a PM my way...

That was a very good point. The pm has been sent, and I shall soon part with the thing.

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.17.2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
ok.

for fuck's sake I want to do this.

let me RE-list what I know to make sure I'm right:

I CAN send a CD.

are tape lengths 90 minutes? if so, would two 45 (or near) discs be a better way to go?

COVER: since the cover needs to be made to fit a tape case, would it be better to actually send a blank tape and case with the (assumed) two CD's?

my insanity really shines when it comes to making mixes. I become so anal about it that it always seems to fail final production. should forum member phoenix ever decide to post-stalk this comment, she will surely give testimony to such.

I'm going to plan on this happening.

PS: I sooooo want Glice's tape.

You can send a CD, and I have no problem transferring it to tape for you, I can also provide the cassette if I so need to, as I have a number of them. Ninety minutes is usually the standard here, so two forty-five minute CD's would be perfect.

The artwork is all up to you. You can send just the artwork, and not a tape, just be sure that it will fit the tape.

Basically, your 'package' would include:
2 CDRs
1 Mixtape Artwork
2 Dollars for return postage
1 Bribe of your choice in order to receive Glices tape.

Danny Himself 07.18.2007 08:52 PM

It's only 2 dollars!?

I crammed in like 7 bucks.

jico. 07.19.2007 09:11 AM

so, does anybody got problems with sending money? i tought that would be a problem...

sonicl 07.19.2007 09:12 AM

Paypal, mate. Paypal.

Everyneurotic 07.19.2007 10:08 AM

$7 would make this a scam

Pookie 07.19.2007 11:25 AM

I used to say £2 (from UK), $2 (from US), or 3 Euros (from Europe). That was on the basis that I would try to send tapes from Europe to the US, and vice versa, whenever it was possible.

That's all, thanks.

sonicl 07.19.2007 11:51 AM

That's all?

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.19.2007 12:36 PM

$7 is entirely too much!!!

Screamingskull sent $5 and that's too much!

I used Pookies rates as well.

Hip Priest 07.19.2007 03:33 PM

I remember Pookie used to accept dollars, so I was assuming I could send a two pound coin to you Пятхъдесят Шест. But I'm getting the impression I have to get hold of some dollars from somewhere.

Danny Himself 07.19.2007 03:38 PM

I luckily have a lot of dollar bills in my possession. You can exchange pounds for dollars at most post offices, Sebastian.

Hip Priest 07.19.2007 03:39 PM

Even in minute amounts like £2?

Danny Himself 07.19.2007 03:43 PM

I'd assume so? If not, I'll be your Bureau of Exhange..

Hip Priest 07.19.2007 03:44 PM

Oh that's a nice offer. That would be good.

Пятхъдесят Шест 07.19.2007 04:58 PM

You can send pounds, this is fine. Pauly sent Euro's and they were easy to exchange at a bank.