Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=122193)

Skuj 04.07.2020 03:49 PM

Qg4. Gotta do lawn mowing now.....sigh.....

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Qg4. Gotta do lawn mowing now.....sigh.....

SELL, SELL, SELL!

sell now. fuck lawns.

i'll take advantage of this hiatus then to go read something i need to read about stuff i'd rather not say lol.

even though i might have attention deficit and keep thinking about this. ok!

Qe8

rrrrrrr.....

The Soup Nazi 04.07.2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
meanwhile, reports say new zealand SQUASHING the curve

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...9a9_story.html

elimination >>> containment

Damn, I was gonna post that. :) Jacinda Ardern rules!

Skuj 04.07.2020 05:14 PM

Nc3.

Ardern rules! Now there is a leader.

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 05:39 PM

hey man, rereading what you replied up there-- does beauregard think (that's a stretch, "think") there is something wrong with playing chess? lmmfao... poor guy. you think he ate lead paint growing up? that thing you quoted made zero sense.

Nxe5

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 05:46 PM

i mean, i just want to take a moment and look at the sentence "people playing chess complaining about sources?" seriously, what the fuck is that supposed to mean? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. too funny. should be left there for posterity. i don't mind that you quoted.

Skuj 04.07.2020 05:49 PM

Resign. I'm just not putting a lot of thought into this. Didn't see that coming. Fuck me. Sorry.

CDC now lowballing some predictions. Can they be trusted? Have they become Trumpified like Navy Secretaries?

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Resign. I'm just not putting a lot of thought into this. Didn't see that coming. Fuck me. Sorry.

CDC now lowballing some predictions. Can they be trusted? Have they become Trumpified like Navy Secretaries?

im looking at the already doctored stats and i see a steeply rising curve.

anyway let's take a moment and have a laugh:

"people playing chess complaining about sources?" :D :D :D :D

that's involuntary comedy gold.

ANYWAY let's pause between games i gotta make dinner etc maybe tomorrow morning restart?

Skuj 04.07.2020 05:51 PM

I can't even......fuuuck....

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 05:55 PM

people playing chess!
complaining about sources!

that's a meme right there

Skuj 04.07.2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

people playing chess!
complaining about sources!

that's a meme right there

Your new sig!!

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Your new sig!!

nah. i'd like to send that to lewis black to add to the repertoire of imbecilities he loves to skewer

Skuj 04.07.2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

nah. i'd like to send that to lewis black to add to the repertoire of imbecilities he loves to skewer

My new sig!!

!@#$%! 04.07.2020 06:00 PM

anyway friend i gotta go clean a closet and make space for my stash.

catch you tomorrow maybe or maybe i'm insomiac and look again.

enjoy life!

Skuj 04.07.2020 06:01 PM

Bojo seems to be ok.

Skuj 04.07.2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

anyway friend i gotta go clean a closet and make space for my stash.

catch you tomorrow maybe or maybe i'm insomiac and look again.

enjoy life!

Life. Lol.

I'm going walking!! Later, Dude. (Check my new sig.)

_tunic_ 04.07.2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

eggs! i fucking miss fresh eggs

Hint:

I actually bought a new vacuum cleaner, but it came without the chicken.

The Soup Nazi 04.07.2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
I actually bought a new vacuum cleaner, but it came without the chicken.

You should get a refund.

In other silly news (no disrespect), I'm gonna mention this one, because why the fuck not:

Illinois Mayor Orders Stay-at-Home Crackdown, Cops Find His Wife at Party

The Soup Nazi 04.07.2020 08:39 PM

Hal Willner 1956-2020

:(:mad: FUCK!

Skuj 04.07.2020 09:00 PM

John Prine has died because of this. :(

Bytor Peltor 04.07.2020 10:06 PM

John Prine Dead At 73

choc e-Claire 04.07.2020 10:49 PM

My state's premier announced changes to the school year yesterday. All our learning for the next term is going to be done from home, which'll be a challenge. Exams are being pushed back to December (so my holiday is now January 2021), but the assignments we have during the year are being produced.

Why'd it have to be this year?

Diesel 04.08.2020 04:22 AM

We are all doomed. Jajaja :D

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
We are all doomed. Jajaja :D

maybe lololol

Estimates of the predicted coronavirus death toll have little meaning

With all the unknowns about covid-19, any numbers you hear about death tolls or how long restrictions will last should be taken not just with a pinch of salt but with a sack of it

YOU will probably have read that there are going to be X thousand deaths from coronavirus in the country you live in. You may also have read that there are going to be an order of magnitude more or fewer deaths. You would be right to be unsure which is correct. It could be any of them, or none.

President Donald Trump has been talking about a possible 100,000 to 200,000 coronavirus deaths in the US if his administration “does well” at tackling the virus. In the UK, there has been talk of 20,000 deaths if measures work and 250,000 without restrictions. There has been no shortage of other estimates put forward by people with little experience of epidemiology, some of which come in very low indeed.

These calculations, approximations and guesstimates from expert modelling studies and back-of-the-envelope blogging build a confusing picture, not least because they suggest that it is possible to assign a numerical value to covid-19’s future death toll at this point.

We are living through a situation with few certainties. If someone calculates that 1 per cent of the global population is set to die in this pandemic, say, this could be wrong for at least six reasons.

“We can’t know yet whether we can slow the pandemic long enough to develop drugs and vaccines for it”

First, we can’t yet be sure of the covid-19 fatality rate, or to what extent this will be affected by local shortages of ventilators. Second, we don’t know what proportion of the world population is likely to catch the infection, with some estimates varying between about 60 and 80 per cent. Third, we don’t know to what extent national restrictions, which vary wildly across the globe, will prevent or delay infections and deaths.

Added to this, we can’t know yet whether we can slow the pandemic long enough to develop drugs and vaccines that can dramatically cut the number of covid-19 deaths. And finally, we don’t even know what kind of immunity – if any – is conferred by this virus, and whether it is possible to develop severe symptoms from a repeat infection.

With all of these unknowns, the numbers you are hearing about death tolls, or how long restrictions will be in place, or how many people will need intensive care, should be taken not just with a pinch of salt but with a sack of it.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article...ittle-meaning/

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 08:10 AM

Ellis Marsalis died of this last week in New Orleans, I didn’t know.

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

My new sig!!

hahahahahaaaaaa

Skuj 04.08.2020 10:35 AM

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...irus-spreading

I'm just sayin.

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

so who wants to play chess? (and complain about sources?)

Skuj 04.08.2020 11:56 AM

Fuck it. Game 4, you are white. Go. I will endeavour to move with care this time. My replies will take more time. I really am a better player than I have presented thus far.

In other news, Team Trump threatens to withold funding from WHO, because it was all their fault, apparently, and in no way did Trump ignore the experts/intelligence, and completely downplay the oncoming crisis, even though all evidence suggests he did, and Bytor echoed this philosophy in his early posts in this thread.

The Soup Nazi 04.08.2020 01:05 PM

Of course, no apocalypse is worthy of its name without at least one of these:

Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine, old timer.

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

you are white

das racist!

e4 again then

Bytor Peltor 04.08.2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Of course, no apocalypse is worthy of its name without at least one of these:

Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine, old timer.

I’ve never understood such sign holders???

Well, I understand the sentiment behind the effort, more importantly, I Believe. However, I’m not sure if such signs work??

The way I see it, people think enough about heaven-hell-eternity on their own. Here at SYG, members who insist such things don’t pertain to them sure enjoy taking the time to berate and mock believers while never passing an opportunity to share such thoughts and pictures.

By the way, this evening is the start of Three Days And Three Nights

Matthew 12:40 For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The Soup Nazi 04.08.2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I’ve never understood such sign holders???

Well, I understand the sentiment behind the effort, more importantly, I Believe. However, I’m not sure if such signs work??

The way I see it, people think enough about heaven-hell-eternity on their own. Here at SYG, members who insist such things don’t pertain to them sure enjoy taking the time to berate and mock believers while never passing an opportunity to share such thoughts and pictures.

By the way, this evening is the start of Three Days And Three Nights

Matthew 12:40 For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

You and your imaginary friends can go fuck a goat. Fuck a GOAT.

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 02:04 PM

where did skuj go

The Soup Nazi 04.08.2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

where did skuj go

Dude, he's thinking the next move. It ain't speed chess, you know. That's the one you play on amphetamines.

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Dude, he's thinking the next move. It ain't speed chess, you know. That's the one you play on amphetamines.

no i mean he still has a sense of humor

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

no i mean he still has a sense of humor

...i mean regarding the laughables

PLAYING CHESS + QUESTIONING SOURCES!

lmfao

Skuj 04.08.2020 03:11 PM

e5.

I'm trying not to look when they quote Bytor, but I see religion there. Eeeeeeww.

What percentage of Trumpists beieves in The Lord? 90? I imagine us atheists go for the commie pinko left? It fascinates me, religion and Trumpism, and how the Orange One so clumsily embraces it for his political needs and they can't even see that.

Wait....what thread is this!

!@#$%! 04.08.2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

e5

Nf3?

Quote:

Wait....what thread is this!

CORONA

anyway i have a new mega tv this week and i can anesthetize my brain more effectively at the end of the day...

...but no!

CRITERION ON A GIANT SCREEN OH I LOVE THEE

(people watching criterion! questioning sources?)

so did i say Nf3? yeah...

Bytor Peltor 04.08.2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

I'm trying not to look when they quote Bytor, but I see religion there. Eeeeeeww.

Jesus Won’t Want You For A Sunbeam and won’t allow Kenneth Copeland To Blow You corono free if you keep making fun of him.