Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

lisayoung 07.29.2006 08:11 AM

i quite adore some italian bands...including marlene kunts
and thank you for the welcome: )

krastian 07.30.2006 11:48 PM

This is from one of those assignments where everyone interviews someone in the class.....a lot of this is still true.

Danny Himself 07.31.2006 04:01 PM

Your group is Nirvana? You must be loaded.

touch me i'm sick 07.31.2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huoxito
I've been on this board since a while though i don't log in too much.

I'm brazilian. An english student at university.
I love books, music, playing the guitar.
And i also have got a band called Trocaico.

sweet i'm brazillian too

krastian 07.31.2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Your group is Nirvana? You must be loaded.

He he.

Massenvernichtungswaffen 08.10.2006 02:10 AM

Newfie (from Newfoundland) "considered" the tenth province of canada, and the last to join (1949)

It's fun here if you like low-key existence and never seeing any good bands live. Except for when Feist played here. that was pretty sweet.

harris 08.15.2006 02:55 PM

hey guys i am new here
thought i would post on this thread to tell you a little about me
i live in the south, louisiana
lake charles, like in those songs by the band and lucinda williams
i am really into film as well as music
i have this site listing the rare films i collect and sell
www.rare-films.blogspot.com
my music tastes: tom, neil, leonard, cave, my morning jacket, wilco, the band, neutral milk hotel loudon wainwright iii, kristofferson and lately ive been digging josh ritter and loose fur and jim orourke's stuff........oh yeh EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY!
my film tastes: my favorite director is terrence malick. i also like harmony korine, jim jarmusch, mike leigh, john water, the dardenne bros, david gordon green, and classics like bergman, ozu, truffaut, godard, cassavetes, bresson and alot of foreign stuff and right now im real big on peckinpah and 70's counterculture shit
you can instant message me if you want at HarrisTrensky
alright off to start posting
later

Hip Priest 08.15.2006 02:57 PM

Hi, harris. Nice to meet you.

Alien He 08.15.2006 09:59 PM

Hello. I'm Robert. Androol directed me to this board. I figured I'd give it a go since the myspace music forums are consistently shite, and because two of the forums I post out, one I moderate, are going under and I need something new to occupy my time.

schizophrenicroom 08.15.2006 10:30 PM

hey, robert. do not worry- your time will be very occupied here.

welcome harris!

k-krack 08.15.2006 10:52 PM

Hiiii im steve.

i just never got around to making one of these

jamz- SY, flying luttenbachers.. etc.... woo!

willy 08.17.2006 08:53 AM

name: willy buitenwerf

profession: business consultant and abstract painter (my origin)

i'm a kind of a dreamer, a thinker and although i have a common job i still stay nonconventional but thats positive because it keeps things creative and people see the humour of it

music: sy, pj harvey, the clash, the damned, iggy pop, ramones, the kills, artic monkeys, siouxsie and the banshees, gun club, per ubu, the jam

visual artist: willem de kooning, brice marden, terry winters, peter doig, daniel richter, wilhelm sasnal, jan peter muilwijk, toon verhoef, koen ebeling koning, rob birza, robert zandvliet, man ray, anton corbijn, inez van lamsweerde, paul blanca, hiroshi sugimoto, nobuyoshi araki, bernard frize (all painters or photographers)

things i like to do besides my work: having long walks, travelling (rome, ny, paris), cooking for my friends and discuss things, going out to see a concert, spending my money on bootlegs on ebay, shopping (i'm spoilt; like design and fashion)

sonicl 08.17.2006 08:56 AM

You have mighty fine taste in music, Willy (apart from Arctic Monkeys ;)).

Welcome aboard the good ship SY Gossip.

alteredcourse 08.18.2006 05:21 AM

hey now
ive been kicking around a while . this place is interesting .
im a girl , twenty two . developed a bad anxiety problem to fit in with the rest of the world . even posting on a msg board is strange .

my deal this past year has been dealing with that and with figuring out what the fuck to do next , with life , in general . im disgruntled with the modern world and have no experience with the old one therefore i am impatient with life .

carrying on ,

bands i like a lot : SY , tool + nin , the damned , smashing pumpkins , slowdive , stooges, ministry , the germs , bad brains , syd barrett , joy division , isis .
i find that this list looks pretty surface-skimming compared to many of your elaborate lists of obscure bands . i care not . i hate metric and thats all that matters . (jay kay . though i do hate metric . )

the most recent artist ive grown a bit of a boner for is lou reed .

ficks : in love with harmony korine and larry clark . gregg araki mmmmm . not david lynch really but lost highway is a favorite . and neverending story . i can appreciate all kinds of movies , though i most enjoy something that gets the rusty gears going in my skull for days or weeks or years , or something clever , rather than somethign made to shatter my senses , like king kong . i hated the sixth sense but i do enjoy twisty mind-fuck movies.

the most recent actor/director thats sopped up my panties is woody allen .

i read a bunch too . always have . though my focus lately is shot .
where was i ?

nice to meet you all . best thing about this place is that its a good source for hearing about new (to me ) music .

Tokolosh 08.18.2006 05:35 AM

Welcome to the board Poppy. :)

alteredcourse 08.18.2006 05:41 AM

haha thanks !
funny youre calling me poppy . . .somethign i didnt even realize and mention but should have is that some of my favorite books were written by Poppy Z Brite .:D

sonicl 08.18.2006 05:43 AM

Yeah, welcome aboard. With style like yours you're gonna fit is just swell.

hypnagogic scratch 08.18.2006 02:34 PM

hi, it's tanja, supernaut superfuzz from the old board

the summertime red wine deprivation is about to end...

sonic_brad 08.20.2006 03:34 PM

hey, this is my first post on this forum. ive been a fan of sonic youth for as long as i can remember right now... over half my life at least and im old too! is anyone else as excited about going to atp for the 'nightmare before christmas' as i am??

Tokolosh 08.21.2006 02:58 AM

Welcome scratch & brad.