Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SYG Artists Compilation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=42858)

Glice 06.19.2011 06:09 PM

For my part in that, I was homeless for a month or so and I've been living out of bags in 2 cities. So... while it's fair enough that it's a bit irritating, I don't care, I've had bigger things to worry about.

finding nobody 06.20.2011 12:17 AM

I've got a track (if you're still taking them).

Genteel Death 06.20.2011 01:26 AM

Ironically, Diesel's is one of the tracks that is delaying the delivery at the moment. In any case, it is not a priority for me to put this out. When it's ready it's ready.

Genteel Death 06.20.2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
I've got a track (if you're still taking them).

Not at the moment. Sorry.

Diesel 06.20.2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
For my part in that, I was homeless for a month or so and I've been living out of bags in 2 cities. So... while it's fair enough that it's a bit irritating, I don't care, I've had bigger things to worry about.

Not good enough :fuckyou:

Diesel 06.20.2011 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Ironically, Diesel's is one of the tracks that is delaying the delivery at the moment. In any case, it is not a priority for me to put this out. When it's ready it's ready.

Hows that porky?

nicfit 06.20.2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
Hows that porky?

It sets the bar too high for the rest of the contributions.
HAHA
kiddin'.
It's just a matter of dealing with some file transfer issues.
BTW, we've been waiting for a proper release from you way longer than this!
DAMN YOU!

Diesel 06.20.2011 03:58 AM

I must admit the track was recorded HOT but thats what a volume knob is for iniiiii.

I'm kind of getting used to a sound i like at the moment dialling shite in. I've got a good few days of luxury booked in soon and i've been toying with the idea of doing a week (weak ;-) album ep thing, based on the beach and wearing - all black - for weeks on end.

DeadDiscoDildo 06.20.2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice

Sorry to hear, glad yr alive. My girlfriend was going through the same problem recently but got it all squared away.

Glice 06.20.2011 10:29 AM

Oh, it's very good for the constitution to float about in a daze of being anchorless for a while. Spending time in public libraries is never a bad plan. I wasn't 'properly' homeless so much as I was wandering around hassling people to let me stay on their sofa. I've had worse times.

DeadDiscoDildo 06.20.2011 10:44 AM

I gotcha, that actually sounds inspiring. I've yet to go through that phase of life, but I'm sure it's inevitable.

Diesel 06.20.2011 11:40 AM

Glad you're alive aswell glice :D

I have a friend who went backpacking through eastern europe, places like Latvia, Ukraine, Romania, basically the worst places you can go in europe. Sleeping rough on park benches and shite even though he had the money to stay in a hostel! A train he was on got gassed and robbed by bandits and his passport was confiscated by police only to be told he'd have to pay for it back. On the plus side he was on an international shagfest! Is that what you did glice? were you on a national shagfest by any chance?

Anyway....Could you shed some light on why my track is holding this release up? Mr promiscuous up there is being a cockrat as usual:rolleyes:

Glice 06.20.2011 12:28 PM

Call it an admin error - I shoulder most of the blame.

I'm always on a national shagfest. Always.

Genteel Death 06.20.2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
Hows that porky?

Nothing to do with the song itself, which is easily a standout. Nicfit already pointed out that the transfer has been problematic with a few of them. It should be sorted out now.

Diesel 06.20.2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Nothing to do with the song itself, which is easily a standout. Nicfit already pointed out that the transfer has been problematic with a few of them. It should be sorted out now.

Ar ay sorry. I read nics post and only saw the praise part :o selective reading rears it's ugly head again.

Yes admin errors are frequent round here too, the bastards!

nay rush. cockalong.

Genteel Death 06.21.2011 05:38 PM

An update.
I have two groups now.
Opening group one 1 : Casi Cada Minuto
Closing group 1: Forgotten Works
Opening group 1: BNP Youth
Closing group 2: listening mirror

Genteel Death 06.21.2011 05:46 PM

I'm so glad I can now put on Swans and go to bed.

Pelle 06.21.2011 06:35 PM

What format will be it released on and what label??

Genteel Death 06.21.2011 06:52 PM

It's coming out through your mum's face.

Derek 06.21.2011 06:53 PM

It will be released on laserdisc through the Fuck Off Records label.