Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

MellySingsDoom 11.18.2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
coping.
headache tomorrow, probably.

I just read this, and though of Rihanna's "Umbrella", after what you said on the Beatles unreleased track thread yesterday.

So, basically, you can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella, ella, ey, ey, ey ey.

al shabbray 11.18.2008 07:17 AM

uargh i still got alcohol in my bloodstream

hi everyone

al shabbray 11.18.2008 07:21 AM

yes it was great.
chronological order:

-an outstanding delicious meal, made by her parents (cool to see them after a while)
-tears of joy (letter/gift-time)
-party hard

MellySingsDoom 11.18.2008 07:32 AM

Nefeli - Last wekk, I wrote a letter to someone for the first time in 10 years. It was actually really rather enjoyable - might start doing that more often.

al shab - Sounds like you had a kick-ass time last night. Hope today's recovery goes weill for you :)

al shabbray 11.18.2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

ah right! you had your good friend's birthday. happy birthday to her. its very sweet that you wrote her a letter. people dont do that anymore..
i used to write on the whole space on bday cards to my friends, but havent done this since 1994. hehe recently we read letters that me and a friend who were both in the uk, had sent to our best friend. it was weird and very funny.

do you have to be somewhere today? i mean, can you stay in and go through the hangover?

haha, yeah, letters are kinda forgotten these days, which is sad I think.
we both write us at least letters to everyones birthdays, we both dig that.
and I putted the coolest pic of a horse I ever got into it. its really old, and the head of the horse is shot from the front, like a portrait shot of a human. and the look of it, its awesome.

I am back now. I had to be early in the morning at the company who will sponsor our next animation project, presenting our thing. looking like...yes, party all night, hahaha.

MellySingsDoom 11.18.2008 07:43 AM

Nefeli - this time round, it was a lot of fun, but I can imagine that if I carry on writing letters (especially to close friends), then they would get more emotional, for sure.

al shabbray 11.18.2008 07:45 AM

it gets always gets emotional when i write them to her. but in a good way, I think. its good to tell the important people in your life, that they are important, I think

ALIEN ANAL 11.18.2008 07:46 AM

a tribe called quest in the house yo

nicfit 11.18.2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

^ oh damnit! couldnt you and nicfit wait for me until tomorrow??????

at least, did you have any fun last night?

mine is not alcoohol/party induced.
It's self generated.
I feel like a drug dealer coz I have a roll of 50E notes on my desk.

no coca.

al, Cody?

Nef, eli?
Mell, y?

al shabbray 11.18.2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

100% agree!
i do that verbally from time to time. one variation is saying the L word to them!
:o :p

there is nothing better then receiving that and/or seeing a positive reaction if you saying it to somebody

:p:p

(btw the cool kids voted unicorns, hahaha)

@nicfit: I have forgotten it. but will do! what about that thing I ve translated the description for you?

nicfit 11.18.2008 07:59 AM

ahh! thanks about that! but price went to high.

al shabbray 11.18.2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

al, you scare me sometimes.

why??
hahaha

MellySingsDoom 11.18.2008 08:02 AM

nicfit - If you want help counting big Euro notes, then I'd be happy to help. Don't let the fact that I can't count past fifteen worry you.

al shabbray 11.18.2008 08:07 AM

because of telepathy there is no need to explain :D

al shabbray 11.18.2008 08:12 AM

something completeöy different to all:

anybody here into street art?
any experiences, bout the behaviour of differnt materials under the unfluence of weather or something?
I am using x-film, which is a pretty sturdy double sided foil (glue I mean)
but it expansive like hell for big formats.

intention: wanted to stick bigger then A4 formats around (screenprinted)

nicfit 11.18.2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

nicfit, i ll roll those ??? for you. just because its you.
oops. nevermind!

they're unrolled as of now

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
nicfit - If you want help counting big Euro notes, then I'd be happy to help. Don't let the fact that I can't count past fifteen worry you.

oh, thanks, they're <15 btw, I'm not that pimp-ish.

nicfit 11.18.2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
something completeöy different to all:

unrelated, but:
uh I'm planning a thing, printing (inkjet) on different types of paper, putting the prints on the ground/on some wires and let them out for the night while it's raining, then dry them with the iron and frame them and call the series "xxxxxxsecretname".

al shabbray 11.18.2008 08:46 AM

okay, sounds interesting!
did you made this kind of mod pladge/plodge (or whatever transfer)?
looks really nice and is in some kind in the same vein as that

al shabbray 11.18.2008 09:54 AM

how to describe that an astronaut is drifting off to space without using words like "out of reach" or something?

I got the astronaut blurred to the direction of space and hands trying to "reach" him...what more?

floatingslowly 11.18.2008 10:23 AM

yes? :)