Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 09.24.2009 11:04 AM

17 is the least random number[3], according to the Hackers' Jargon File. There is a proven theorem that 17 is the value most likely to be picked as a "random" number when such is needed in journalism which is derived from the Feller number.[4]

EVOLghost 09.24.2009 06:31 PM

hmmm look at that.

FreshChops 09.24.2009 06:38 PM

Call of Duty: World At War "NAZI ZOMBIES"

EVOLghost 09.24.2009 07:32 PM

wtf? is that a special gametype?

amerikangod 09.24.2009 07:52 PM

Farmville, a gay-ass Facebook app.

noisereductions 09.24.2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
Farmville, a gay-ass Facebook app.

poorman's Harvest Moon.

amerikangod 09.24.2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
poorman's Harvest Moon.

If Skeet Ulrich is the poor man's Johnny Depp, this is the poor man's Skeet Ulrich.

FreshChops 09.24.2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
wtf? is that a special gametype?

Call of Duty, World at War has a special side-game mode that comes with the game called "Nazi Zombies". It's arcade style, and it's pointless / endless. Basically you're in small level designs and they keep sending in waves of zombies, that get more populated and more difficult to kill. There's lots of embedded challenges and perks like playing for upgraded weapons and opening new areas in the level, but the result is, you will eventually die. It's just a matter of how far you can go.

They have 4 different maps / level designs to play. The publishers continue to offer new downloadable maps (at a price) to keep it fresh.

It's a very, VERY fun aspect to the game, and to many, considered worth buying the game just for the Zombie matches alone.

Here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbJAa7wViIY

GeneticKiss 09.24.2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshChops
Call of Duty, World at War has a special side-game mode that comes with the game called "Nazi Zombies". It's arcade style, and it's pointless / endless. Basically you're in small level designs and they keep sending in waves of zombies, that get more populated and more difficult to kill. There's lots of embedded challenges and perks like playing for upgraded weapons and opening new areas in the level, but the result is, you will eventually die. It's just a matter of how far you can go.

They have 4 different maps / level designs to play. The publishers continue to offer new downloadable maps (at a price) to keep it fresh.

It's a very, VERY fun aspect to the game, and to many, considered worth buying the game just for the Zombie matches alone.

Here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbJAa7wViIY

Hmm, sounds like an old arcade game, where you just played for a high score until you got destroyed.

Incidently, since we're on a Sonic Youth board, I thought I'd put this out there: I wonder if Sonic Youth have ever been fans of Sonic the Hedgehog? Yeah, I know that "sonic" is just a word that means "related to sound" (or something along those lines), but it's just a fun little topic to think about...

Wouldn't it be awesome to have an advertising campaign for Sonic drive-ins featuring Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Youth's music? The marketing practically writes itself! For freaks like me, anyways...

deflinus 09.24.2009 09:29 PM

playing batman arkham

its really good

EVOLghost 09.26.2009 02:33 PM

RB2 (drums)

then

real drums.

Keeping It Simple 09.26.2009 03:10 PM

I'm playing Oblivion at the mo. It's obvious the landscape of England was the inspiration behind the landscape of Cyrodiil. Part of the province is even named "The West Weald". No doubt a reference to "The Weald", a physiographic area in South East England.

phoenix 09.27.2009 12:35 AM

it's called 'lunch hour'

joe11121 09.27.2009 02:59 PM

I've been playing smash brothers brawl a lot recently.

noisereductions 09.27.2009 08:34 PM

noisereductions 10.20.2009 08:15 PM

acousticrock87 10.20.2009 08:43 PM

I've been playing Left 4 Dead for like 6 months. That's about it.

youthoftomorrow 10.20.2009 09:09 PM

atsonicpark 10.20.2009 09:21 PM

^^^ Love that game. Mindblowing ending.

I've been playing LUMINES.

alteredcourse 10.20.2009 09:28 PM

I finished Bioshock yesterday. So good! Not too long or short, lots of fun stuff to do. Ended up with way too much adam (lifeblood of the city) because i always think theres going to be some huge megapower to buy later in every game, but there never is. Very fun though, cant wait for Bioshock 2.

Just brought home Dead Space today, for $10 after trading in GTA4. What a shit game, that GTA. I'm so sick of fucking GTA, and I never did play the other ones much. It's kinda good when you're sitting around with friends, but otherwise...meh.

atsonicpark 10.20.2009 09:30 PM

Bioshock is good, played it at a friend's house, found it a bit easy but it was fun, really good atmosphere.

I also never "got" Grand Theft Auto. I used to love playing GTA 1 and 2 back in the day, but 3 was just 1 and 2 in 3D and I played San Andreas and thought it was straight-up terrible. And they just keep fucking churning them out, too.

alteredcourse 10.20.2009 09:36 PM

You can change the difficulty on Bioshock during the game. But yeah, its all about the atmosphere. It's about dark and creepy enough, almost post-apocalyptic. Pretty industrial at times. One level was very pretty, like a hidden jungle, but it was so big and maze-like compared to the others it just about drove me nuts.

The fallout world is my favorite of all.

Seandi 10.20.2009 10:16 PM

a '59 Les paul tv special.

EVOLghost 10.20.2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
^^^ Love that game. Mindblowing ending.

I've been playing LUMINES.

Lumines! My favorite puzzle game....next to Super Puzzle FIghter and tetris. Guh...i've been thinkin' of DL'in that game onto my PS3

DeadDiscoDildo 10.21.2009 01:32 AM

my guitar

_slavo_ 10.21.2009 02:49 AM

Dark Messiah of Might&Magic - surprisingly good fun!!! Basically a first person shooter, only transferred to the ages of dragons and magic. Good level design, great spells, fine graphics and I like the fact it moves fast on my old wreckage PC.
A good purchase, that was.

gualbert 10.21.2009 02:53 AM

lost dutchman mine: funny old school game!

noisereductions 10.21.2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Lumines! My favorite puzzle game....next to Super Puzzle FIghter and tetris. Guh...i've been thinkin' of DL'in that game onto my PS3

Super Puz Fighter is my favorite puzzle game ever. So amazing.

auto-aim 10.21.2009 07:59 AM

i've been re-addicted to fallout 3

terminal pharmacy 10.21.2009 08:02 AM

nicfit 10.21.2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
I finished Bioshock yesterday. So good! Not too long or short, lots of fun stuff to do. Ended up with way too much adam (lifeblood of the city) because i always think theres going to be some huge megapower to buy later in every game, but there never is. Very fun though, cant wait for Bioshock 2.

Just brought home Dead Space today, for $10 after trading in GTA4. What a shit game, that GTA. I'm so sick of fucking GTA, and I never did play the other ones much. It's kinda good when you're sitting around with friends, but otherwise...meh.

Dead Space is a really good game, if you enjoyed Bioshock coz of its atmosphere you'll love it (I think). It's kind of less "deep" (ha ha, "deep", bioshock, coz, like, it's in the abyss ahahahaaa), even if things take place in deep (HAHAHAHA) space, don't get distracted by the fights here and there and enjoy the lights/sounds/overall design, a really nice game imo.

I LOVE gtaIV. I like games like that where you can just waste some time going 'round the city, I loved it more than S Andreas even if that one is "bigger".
The thing I like about those games is that you can do a lot of weird stuff, like the other day I stole a police heli and went hovering over a flying airplane, jumped off the heli and landed on the plane, subsequently falling in the water after a loooooooooong fall, took a swim till the nearest shore, took a cab home, watched a couple funny shows on tv and then called my gf. Went out for a drink, we got out both wasted from the discodance etc etc.

It's not some shit like second life, it's just fun. he.

no?
boh.

next on the list:

dragon age origins
fallout 3
pes2010
ME2

_slavo_ 10.21.2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
pes2010

I think i'll get this one ASAP. I played the demo and it was just fucking awesomeness.

nicfit 10.21.2009 08:23 AM

I always loved pes (best edition was pes6), people say fifa2010 is great on console, bit those fuckers at EA won't develop a decent version for pc, so I'm stuck with pes in any case.
I love playing with friends (I don't play against the cpu except for a few mins to get accustomed to the changes from previous versions and check some graphics and stuff out).
Pes is always fun to me he he, challenges against bro and stuff drinking beer like real machos hah aaaaaa!

floatingslowly 10.21.2009 08:39 AM

Warhammer Online

best pvp ever. and by best, I mean, Supercoven is #1.

alteredcourse 10.21.2009 09:43 AM

Nicfit, you make it sound so much fun. Its a bit too open ended for me, and I'm just not as fascinated by worlds that look like this one. Your post made me lol, though.

nicfit 10.21.2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Nicfit, you make it sound so much fun. Its a bit too open ended for me, and I'm just not as fascinated by worlds that look like this one. Your post made me lol, though.

Perhaps I'm more fascinated coz there are no cities like that over here...I'm a smalltown boy (tudu du du tun, tu du dudu)

atsonicpark 10.21.2009 10:26 AM

I definitely need some more puzzle games. They're what I'm best at, that and strategy games. So far I have:

Tetris, Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon/Pokemon Puzzle League/Planet Puzzle League, Tetris 2, Columns, Bust-a-Move, Bombastic, Lumines, Super Puzzle Fighter, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine/Kirby's Avalanche, and Yoshi's Cookie.

Anyone know any other addicting, kickass puzzle games for any system?

auto-aim 10.21.2009 10:31 AM

portal!

noisereductions 10.21.2009 10:31 AM

adam, ever play

or

nicfit 10.21.2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Anyone know any other addicting, kickass puzzle games for any system?

blast chamber!!!!