Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

ann ashtray 09.27.2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
thanks Sway. Interesting that they need to put up the fence to keep the animals out. I prefer Jim's grave site in Paris with all the memorials on it.
What happens when Greg joins them? Rip up the fence and put up a new fence?

They put the fence up because people were not only doing, but also leaving drugs on the graves. I mean, I guess that's to be expected, but at the same time it's not like Duane is going to pop up and say thanks. Kinda rude.

As far as Greg, it's kinda hard to explain it, but the two graves are sitting up on this little hill. I doubt there'd be room for him in that specific spot...so another one would have to be found nearby even if not right next to Duane.

I'm not even sure if he plans on being buried there or not.

Murmer99 09.27.2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
our new kitten isn't he sweet

what's his name???

SONIC GAIL 09.27.2010 03:18 PM

Thurston (can you guess who I named him after:)

Murmer99 09.27.2010 03:34 PM

hahha nice :] ive always wanted a kitten, but my family hates them

knox 09.27.2010 03:46 PM

that cat is the most amazing thing!

i know its not me but its this cute thing i bought

Derek 09.27.2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

What the hell happened to you recently? You used to be a funny and insightful poster, but the last month all you've become is someone who only wants to stereotype others and then trash them? What gives?

BTW Roller Derby is a sexy and fun game. I'll bet the excitement doubles up when you get to play it instead of just watching it.

hevusa has always been a whiny ninny. Case example: when he complained about Sonic Youth streaming their new album for free at 128kbps. Their new album before it was released.. for free.. and his problem is the bitrate they previewed it to people in.

He did send me a nice rep message once though so kudos for that.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.27.2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
he is a wire-haired dachshound (sp?)

I have a smooth-haired mini Dachshund. They're goofballs.

akprodr 09.27.2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
our new kitten isn't he sweet

Sweet? He's possessed! "you will not buy these office chairs"

tw2113 09.27.2010 06:33 PM

as pigheaded as it may be, I wouldn't completely argue being behind that line in the last derby pic. Imho, you could do yourself a lot worse.

fugazifan 09.28.2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj

stockholm.

i love stokholm. my friends uncle used to be the israeli ambassador to sweden so i once flew with her and stayed with him. so whenever we went out with them we would have a private driver and two body guards with us.
btw i think that i recognize where you are standing. its either facing this neighborhood that is really high up with like a clff that faces the water, i think. but i could be wrong...

hevusa 09.28.2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

What the hell happened to you recently? You used to be a funny and insightful poster, but the last month all you've become is someone who only wants to stereotype others and then trash them? What gives?

BTW Roller Derby is a sexy and fun game. I'll bet the excitement doubles up when you get to play it instead of just watching it.

Funny and insightful? Damn have I got you fooled but thanks. ;)
Roller Derby is a sexy and fun game... if you're a lesbian. No lesbians = no roller derby. Not so much a stereotype as the truth... like where would the WNBA be without lesbians? Nowhere!

hevusa 09.28.2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Case example: when he complained about Sonic Youth streaming their new album for free at 128kbps. Their new album before it was released.. for free.. and his problem is the bitrate they previewed it to people in.

I'm still shocked and appalled that Sonic Youth's biggest fans would be treated that way by Matador. That bit-rate was last valid in the 90's and it was a slap in the face to fans and Sonic Youth for it to be the first way people heard the new album.

And the stream was the ONLY reason I bought the pre-release.
EVER GET THE FEELING YOU'VE BEEN CHEATED?

keep poppin pimples 09.29.2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa

And the stream was the ONLY reason I bought the pre-release.
EVER GET THE FEELING YOU'VE BEEN CHEATED?

yes but never for such a petty reason

waaaaaaaaaah

keep poppin pimples 09.29.2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I have a smooth-haired mini Dachshund. They're goofballs.

i've never had one but on monday i purchased a tea cup with a dachsund on it so i guess i like them now

i'm pretty excited to own a dog breed mug, i feel like a middle-aged woman and inexplicably like it

hevusa 09.29.2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
yes but never for such a petty reason

I'm not surprised that a fool like you would think 128k is acceptable.
The ironic part is even though I payed for the pre-release there was a 256k version floating around the internet at the time. I ended up listening to THAT instead (it sounded WAY better). FUCK YOU MATADOR!!

keep poppin pimples 09.29.2010 02:25 PM

i never said it was acceptable, i said it was dumb for you to complain that a record company didn't want to leak a full quality version weeks ahead, seriouly you bought a record, that's all you did. you got to listen to it ahead of time,the record company didn't have to do that, you were not entitled to anything imo except getting the product you paid for, it's a horribly lame thing to be upset about and quite frankly it won't kill you to listen to a low quality version of something a few times.

i am not fond of audiophiles or the fact they think they like music more than others due to the fact they're anal about quality

i don't remember the 256 version although i did go around looking for a better leak, i bet it was a transcode and you just can't tell the difference

hevusa 09.29.2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
i never said it was acceptable, i said it was dumb for you to complain that a record company didn't want to leak a full quality version weeks ahead, seriouly you bought a record, that's all you did. you got to listen to it ahead of time,the record company didn't have to do that, you were not entitled to anything imo except getting the product you paid for, it's a horribly lame thing to be upset about and quite frankly it won't kill you to listen to a low quality version of something a few times.

i am not fond of audiophiles or the fact they think they like music more than others due to the fact they're anal about quality

i don't remember the 256 version although i did go around looking for a better leak, i bet it was a transcode and you just can't tell the difference

nope.. I A/B'ed them. I never said full quality was necessary but 256k+ would have been acceptable for a pre-paid stream in 2009. I guess you are more willing to EAT SHIT than I am. Matador releases the singles on their site at 256k but for Sonic Youth's biggest fans 128k is somehow acceptable. Fuck that shit and fuck Matador!

keep poppin pimples 09.29.2010 02:47 PM

i judge the record by the music and not resolution, it's not like eating shit so much as having a few grains of salt less than you wanted on an incredible meal you get early and for free, a horribly banal thing to be upset by.

i am happy to hear shit recordings, i mean leadbelly never made any high resolution audiophile recordings but i'll listen happily, that's because i actually like music instead of getting a hard-on by feeling superior to people who are less obsessed by bit rates

hevusa 09.29.2010 02:53 PM

That stream made my ears bleed and I paid for that shit. Not cool.
What kind of way is that to unveil SY's latest album to their biggest fans?

keep poppin pimples 09.29.2010 02:55 PM

so do you never listen to bad moon rising or sister?