Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

al shabbray 09.08.2008 07:35 AM

jim o rourke - long night

cant wait till it arrives

The Earl Of Slander 09.08.2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
But they both hit me the same way which was FIRST LISTEN: eh, it's okay.. wht's all the hype for? think I'll listen again. SECOND LISTEN: yeah. it's good. not great. I want to hear it again. THIRD LISTEN: I can't stop listening to this.

I'd say exactly the same for both. Never have I heard music that so rigidly seems to follow the "rule of three".

noisereductions 09.08.2008 08:55 AM

yup. his music is like an iceberg. LET THE BLIND is a definite contender for my "album of the year" thus far.

Torn Curtain 09.08.2008 04:31 PM

To scrap my MP3 copy:

Savage Clone 09.08.2008 09:40 PM

Got these vinyl goodies today as a present from my old boss:

Nurse With Wound - Insect And Individual Silenced

Nurse With Wound - Ostranenie 1913

Death In June - Black Whole Of Love box set

Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets, mint Japanese press w/OBI

Doctor Druid's Haunted Seance

batreleaser 09.08.2008 10:57 PM

its been wierd, but for over 24 hrs ive totally abandoned experimental/noise/avant music, and gone bac to classic rock and rock n roll and punk! its all ive been in the mood for, i mean, about three years ago, i got totally fed up with conventional rock and dove head fucking first into the world of waaaaaaaaaaaay left field underground extreme shit. and this feels like that, but the opposite. like my brain wants me to listen to music to calm me, instead of roll around on my back on the ground while convulsing listening to cock esp or dave phillips or darkthrone or us maple etc... so, right now its neil young-zuma (i cant decide if this or on the beach is my favorite, both are fucking epic)

and before:
bob dylan and the band-the basement tapes volumes 1 and 2 (i seriously love this music, im sick of dylan hating, so you dont think he was the best poet ever, i agree, but he was damn sure one of the best songwriters ever)
van morrison-veedon fleece
bob dylan-s/t (his 'house of the rising sun' shits all over the fucking animals, lame band)
the stones-beggars banquet, aftermath
sabbath-master of reality, sabbah bloody sabbath
the grateful dead-live at the filmore east
pavement-brighten the corners
led zeppelin-physical grafitti
jimi hendrix-axis:bold as love
the velvet underground-VU
the ramones-rockets to russia

seriously, i cant stop, but it feels so good. im so glad i didnt sell any of my records from any of my music phases. because with some stuff, especially records as good as the ones mentioned above, it doesnt matter what youre into, or what you think youre about, those records remain great, some things dont change.

and oh yeah, im stoned too much lately (so much so that ive been slacking on investigating into music, im like, 2 weeks behind, new metallica rules though)

batreleaser 09.08.2008 11:07 PM

and lots of early alice cooper, and the cramps

batreleaser 09.08.2008 11:08 PM

ah man i thought i was posting on 'what are you listening to?'

i gotta get my fucking shit together

samuel 09.08.2008 11:35 PM

Black Wooden Ceiling Opening by Mount Eerie
I finally picked it up

HECKLER SPRAY 09.09.2008 04:02 AM

The Melvins - Bullhead
Unwound - Challenge for a Civilized Society

stu666 09.09.2008 04:35 AM

my latest buys i got from brighton except the shit spangled banner which came in post today

noisereductions 09.09.2008 07:08 AM

batreleaser, I love Dylan. And I love the Velvets even more.

Rob Instigator 09.09.2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
its been wierd, but for over 24 hrs ive totally abandoned experimental/noise/avant music, and gone bac to classic rock and rock n roll and punk! its all ive been in the mood for, i mean, about three years ago, i got totally fed up with conventional rock and dove head fucking first into the world of waaaaaaaaaaaay left field underground extreme shit. and this feels like that, but the opposite. like my brain wants me to listen to music to calm me, instead of roll around on my back on the ground while convulsing listening to cock esp or dave phillips or darkthrone or us maple etc... so, right now its neil young-zuma (i cant decide if this or on the beach is my favorite, both are fucking epic)

and before:
bob dylan and the band-the basement tapes volumes 1 and 2 (i seriously love this music, im sick of dylan hating, so you dont think he was the best poet ever, i agree, but he was damn sure one of the best songwriters ever)
van morrison-veedon fleece
bob dylan-s/t (his 'house of the rising sun' shits all over the fucking animals, lame band)
the stones-beggars banquet, aftermath
sabbath-master of reality, sabbah bloody sabbath
the grateful dead-live at the filmore east
pavement-brighten the corners
led zeppelin-physical grafitti
jimi hendrix-axis:bold as love
the velvet underground-VU
the ramones-rockets to russia

seriously, i cant stop, but it feels so good. im so glad i didnt sell any of my records from any of my music phases. because with some stuff, especially records as good as the ones mentioned above, it doesnt matter what youre into, or what you think youre about, those records remain great, some things dont change.

and oh yeah, im stoned too much lately (so much so that ive been slacking on investigating into music, im like, 2 weeks behind, new metallica rules though)

the good stuff never gets suck. it stays good and waits for you to come back from yr sonic experiments. it will always be there for you.

noisereductions 09.10.2008 07:18 AM

stu666 09.11.2008 04:14 AM

latest arrival from VT

viewtiful_alan 09.11.2008 05:22 PM

Got these to help me ride out the storm:

Moshe 09.11.2008 05:31 PM

This Is Not Here 09.11.2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
latest arrival from VT

Wow, whats that record on the top right? Looks pretty.

Silent Dan Speaks 09.11.2008 05:48 PM

Against Me!-Reinventing Axl Rose

stu666 09.11.2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Wow, whats that record on the top right? Looks pretty.

Leslie Keffer - Devastates CD from 2005