Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

SYRFox 11.13.2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
no problem. when somebody asking me what titles he should have played my standard answer is: just play one "killer7" its fucking interactive art, not more or less. not in that academic way...more in a experimental way, graphics, story script, gameplay everthings upside down and fresh in killer7, at the same time it got the most complex plot Ive ever expereinced I have a read books about 200 sites after Ive played it and there are still a lot of things which are discuss worthy.

FSR is slightly more newbie friendly but I as far as I can tell after 1 hour it got a lot of that great elements, too. which freaks me out a little bit in a very good way!!!!

best site regarding suda51 games:

http://www.killer7.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com

its kinda confusing at first, but thats the whole theme :)

i still have to play killer7... :(

al shabbray 11.13.2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
haha yeah :D well it's not that impressing if you consider that the blog has been around for a year and a half now, though it's only really active since February 2008. We are three persons writing for it too, so that's not that impressive. Still I'm kind of satisfied with what we've done

yeah I think you can be proud of it, its really cool that you three keep it going!!!

please please play one of the two games, I promise you that they are unique, and probably you will love them, really! you can quote me on that :)

SYRFox 11.13.2008 04:35 PM

Yeah I really want to play them. I've wanted to play Killer 7 since it was out but never could... which is a shame

al shabbray 11.13.2008 04:42 PM

yes it really is :) especially if you are interested in a new approach of gaming (without forgetting about the past)

I cant stretch this enough, if I had to decide whcih game is the best Ive ever played, the answer would be killer7, and I am playing videogames since I am a kid and I really love them, and I played a lot of really really good games, like snacther or something, but in a way killer7 is just overwhelmingly good. while I played it there was a constant smile on my face how genius this whole game is.
and flower sun and rain, lets you know where suda51 started which peaked in killer7 in everything. its one of those game where you could pause randomly and it would always look stunning the visuals are awesome too.
ok I stop now I could go on forever, just play them there a fuckin worth it

SYRFox 11.13.2008 05:02 PM

sounds rad. i'll check it if i can :)

al shabbray 11.13.2008 05:08 PM

yes DO IT WAAAAAAh :)

SYRFox 11.13.2008 05:09 PM

i'm going to bed now
my cat is sleeping on my computer haha :D

see you mister shabba :)

al shabbray 11.13.2008 05:10 PM

okay I will talk to your cat about killer7 furtheron, hahaha

good night fox

Inhuman 11.14.2008 01:09 AM

good night dayime boardies, hello night-owls

SYRFox 11.14.2008 01:24 AM

Hello :) it's 7:20 in the morning in France, I'm getting ready for school...

Alex's Trip 11.14.2008 01:26 AM

France! I wish I was there! That'd be fun. Much more fun than here, certainly. I've never even been to Europe.

Inhuman 11.14.2008 01:27 AM

Have a good day at school then. What program (or grade) are you taking? It's 1:30am in Eastern Canada and I have weightless eyelids

Alex's Trip 11.14.2008 01:28 AM

I need some more caffeine so I can dream faster.

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 01:29 AM

I accidentally took a 4-hour nap earlier, waking up around 7, so now I can't sleep. I really need to so I can wake up early to do my presentation that I can't be arsed to do tonight.

Alex's Trip 11.14.2008 01:30 AM

Oh, presentations are fun! On what are you presenting?

Sonic Youth 37 11.14.2008 01:31 AM

I have to do a 6-8 minute presentation over the supposed benefits of children listening to classical music. So, it'll basically be me throwing together a PowerPoint with a few stats and playing a few snippets of Beethoven and Mozart.

SYRFox 11.14.2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
France! I wish I was there! That'd be fun. Much more fun than here, certainly. I've never even been to Europe.

Haa I don't know, there's shitty things in France too you know - our president, for instance :D
Though I don't complain with where I live. I used to live near Marseille and Aix en Provence (it's in the South of the France) and there's litteraly nothing going on up there. No gigs, no music, nothing. Now I live in Lille (in the North of the France) and it's really better, there's a lot of gigs. Plus there's a really good public transport network so I don't need a car or whatever, I can take the subway and be in the city center in like 10 minutes, and do whatever I want, which is fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Have a good day at school then. What program (or grade) are you taking? It's 1:30am in Eastern Canada and I have weightless eyelids

I'm currently in "Terminale", which is the last year in high school before the Baccalaureate.

Inhuman 11.14.2008 01:33 AM

Man I had such a plethora of presentations in college that I'm thoroughly unmotivated to ever do another one. Unless it was on something cool like bees

SYRFox 11.14.2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Man I had such a plethora of presentations in college that I'm thoroughly unmotivated to ever do another one. Unless it was on something cool like bees

:D

I'm going to school now. Have a good evening/night dudes :)

Alex's Trip 11.14.2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I have to do a 6-8 minute presentation over the supposed benefits of children listening to classical music. So, it'll basically be me throwing together a PowerPoint with a few stats and playing a few snippets of Beethoven and Mozart.

Oh, that's cool. I had to give a speech last year on the benefits of learning a second language in elementary school (something I resent not learning at a younger age).