Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

Inhuman 06.26.2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Men are scum. There is something basic wrong with us. My first reaction on seeing your photo was, Wow, she's cute. And then socialization kicked in and told me, She's 14! And you, gmku, are not a pedophile, nor do you want to end up on a Dateline NBC expose getting taken down by the vice squad!

Men are scum. We're hardwired to react to visual stimuli. Forgive us, for we know not what we do.

Awww that happens to me all the time. I met a girl one time and she was SUPER pretty. Then I found out she was 12.

Prisstina 06.27.2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Men are scum. There is something basic wrong with us. My first reaction on seeing your photo was, Wow, she's cute. And then socialization kicked in and told me, She's 14! And you, gmku, are not a pedophile, nor do you want to end up on a Dateline NBC expose getting taken down by the vice squad!

Men are scum. We're hardwired to react to visual stimuli. Forgive us, for we know not what we do.

Ahhhgh. I'm guessing you're in your thirties by your thinning-hair post. Thank you for realizing you're probably old enough to be my dad.

Its not a real big deal if a guy thinks a younger girl is good looking, as long as there's not a huge age difference and as long as he keeps his dirty/romantic thoughts inside his head. The last thing we need is someone's grandpa saying "Aww yeah, you know you wanna fuck me, lil' hottie!" to a girl thats barely out of grade school.

Prisstina 06.27.2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daydreamer
I'm sure I recognise you from the S-K board.

Nah, you must be thinking of someone else.

cosmokramer 06.28.2006 02:53 AM

brian..
music...besides sy..tool, pink floyd, a perfect circle, dinosaur jr., jethro tull, and king crimson are my favs.

movies...rushmore, the royal tennenbaums, a clockwork orange, 2001, star wars, just saw eraserhead and loved it, donnie darko, thats a few..

i love seinfeld
yeah...i post at toolshed also..and im new here
hey

king_buzzo 06.28.2006 06:13 AM

welcome new poeple

gmku 06.29.2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisstina
Ahhhgh. I'm guessing you're in your thirties by your thinning-hair post. Thank you for realizing you're probably old enough to be my dad.

Its not a real big deal if a guy thinks a younger girl is good looking, as long as there's not a huge age difference and as long as he keeps his dirty/romantic thoughts inside his head. The last thing we need is someone's grandpa saying "Aww yeah, you know you wanna fuck me, lil' hottie!" to a girl thats barely out of grade school.

You're welcome. And welcome to the board!

But yeah, that last part you're talking about is just wrong in so many ways. Not that I don't have a dirty mind myself. But just because I may be a dirty old man doesn't mean I have to act like one.

corporate.ghost 06.29.2006 04:45 PM

Name: Jesse
Sex: Male
Hobbies: Mountain Biking & Philosophy
What I Do: Special Education Teacher & Graduate Student
Movies: La Cite Des Enfants Perdus (The City Of Lost Children), Blade Runner, Fight Club, Donnie Darko

Hip Priest 06.29.2006 04:46 PM

Hello, corporate.ghost

Danny Himself 06.29.2006 05:59 PM

These newcomers need to post more. Sure, we're intimidating, but come on. :]

Hip Priest 06.29.2006 06:01 PM

The newcomers are great to have. There's been a lot more since the new board started - partly to do with the release of a new LP, no doubt.

People like Gulasch Noir, Bertrand and yourself of course. Many others too - this board is much livelier than the old one.

vasanum 06.29.2006 06:06 PM

Hi guys. I'm finally starting to post.

Name: Johnathon
Jams: (don't laugh) SY, Bjork, Tori Amos, Kate Bush, The Smiths, Rush, 10,000 Maniacs/Natalie, etc.
Pictures: German New Wave, bad 70's and 80's horror.

nomadicfollower 06.29.2006 06:07 PM

Nice to have you (directed toward all other newcomers as well).

cryptowonderdruginvogue 06.29.2006 06:09 PM

thanks for the warm welcome! :)

corporate.ghost 06.29.2006 10:24 PM

Yeah, thanks for the warm welcome!

Minister of Crunk 07.01.2006 01:54 AM

Pleased to introduce myself.
Especially to you lovely ladies.
I am the Minister of Crunk.
Here to fly the ten nines on the tippy caw.
Fo' sheezie!

swimsuitissue 07.01.2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Nice to have you (directed toward all other newcomers as well).

Thanks for the warm welcome!

SolidZach 07.04.2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
thanks for the warm welcome! :)

fuck you

Ripchord 07.05.2006 07:31 AM

Hi. I'm Amanda. I'm 14 and I live in New York. I'm not really too interesting so i don't really have much to say...

gmku 07.05.2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripchord
Hi. I'm Amanda. I'm 14 and I live in New York. I'm not really too interesting so i don't really have much to say...

So how come you're not in school? Oh, yeah, it's summer.

So how come you're not working? Get a job!

Ripchord 07.05.2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

So how come you're not in school? Oh, yeah, it's summer.

So how come you're not working? Get a job!

I'm taking classes at Amherst over the summer because I am too incompetent to get a job.