Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 01.13.2015 05:36 PM

that was fucking nuts

thanks for the stream! works great. probaly ate a lot of my monthly quota.

demonrail666 01.13.2015 05:46 PM

Yeah amazing game. Felt like a final. Harsh on Everton. They deserved to win in reg time. But yeah, what a fucking game!

h8kurdt 01.15.2015 01:39 PM

Well you not believe the shit I got for saying I preferred Busquest to Mascherano. Two of the three giving me a dig are Liverpool fans so I'm saying they're biased.

demonrail666 01.15.2015 02:02 PM

He played for West Ham, too, so you might be right.

_tunic_ 01.18.2015 08:14 AM

referee accidentally knocked a player a broken nose. See the video & article in Dutch here

_slavo_ 01.19.2015 04:33 AM

Messi is on fire again.

h8kurdt 01.19.2015 03:51 PM

Mirallas you fucking prick.

demonrail666 01.19.2015 05:21 PM

He deserves the fine from hell from that. Arrogant prick.

h8kurdt 01.19.2015 05:25 PM

That game was so fucking shit. Honestly a fucking team of fucking one legged 5 year olds would have more fucking pace than that team.

I honestly thought Everton were getting away from the dark days of the 00's. Obviously not. Wank.

Yeah I'm mad.

demonrail666 01.19.2015 05:27 PM

Still backing Martinez?

h8kurdt 01.24.2015 12:01 PM

Today will rank as one of the best F.A cup rounds in its history. Incredible. Man City AND Chelsea shown the door and backed the fuck up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Still backing Martinez?

Sorry for the no reply. Yes I am. Till the end of the season that is. Sacking him now will do nothing good in any way.

demonrail666 01.24.2015 01:24 PM

Yeah, incredible! Spurs out, too, and Southampton. Incredible.

When I said that about Martinez I wasn't talking about sacking him now or before the end of the season, that would be daft. But unless there's a turnaround will Kenwright have faith in him enough to give him a transfer budget in the summer? He doesn't look like a trigger happy owner and may even have a lot of belief in Martinez. I personally don't rate him but I know lots of people (still) do. Although I increasingly can't see why.

demonrail666 01.25.2015 02:00 PM

West Ham made hard work of Bristol City. The win was a bit cruel on City who at least deserved a replay but can't say I'm not happy. And with Sakho now back we'll be stronger in the league than we have been. All round good news.

Also, anyone watching the African Cup of Nations? I haven't but it all seems very tight so far. The really interesting stuff will start in a few days but anyway, just wondering.

h8kurdt 01.25.2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

West Ham made hard work of Bristol City. The win was a bit cruel on City who at least deserved a replay but can't say I'm not happy. And with Sakho now back we'll be stronger in the league than we have been. All round good news.

Also, anyone watching the African Cup of Nations? I haven't but it all seems very tight so far. The really interesting stuff will start in a few days but anyway, just wondering.

I said this last night to a friend but I can honestly see West Ham making it to the final. They'll keep plugging away at the games and getting the results.

As for the Cup of Nations I've not. The next round is on itv4 right? I'll be watching them if that's the case.

!@#$%! 01.25.2015 06:51 PM

i haven't been watching football for a month already i think. caught some previews of the african cup earlier in the month but i have to practice detachment and letting go... just waiting for the bundesliga to start next week. wolfsburg / bayern munich on friday!

so far i've seen no interesting bundesliga transfers... saw that arsenal sold podolski to inter milan though-- never been a big fun of the guy.

!@#$%! 01.30.2015 08:55 AM

bundesliga restarts today w/ bayern/wolfsburg game!!!!

(and now too begins the painful work of finding a decent stream)

!@#$%! 01.30.2015 10:31 AM

i mean the painful work of finding a stream without doing any work ha ha ha

(i'm up to my nostrils in paperwork and unfinished projects)

h8kurdt 01.30.2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
bundesliga restarts today w/ bayern/wolfsburg game!!!!

(and now too begins the painful work of finding a decent stream)

Aye I'm looking forward to that game. Will report back later.

!@#$%! 01.30.2015 02:35 PM

its on!! (poor junior malanda. damn.)

h8kurdt 01.30.2015 03:25 PM

Bloody hell what a great first half. Wolfsburg have Bayern on the back foot now. And Bas Boot's (Bas Dost or whatever) second was just brilliant.

!@#$%! 01.30.2015 03:28 PM

god damn wolfsburg ahead 2-0 right before halftime!

having problems watching (had a romanian stream up to minute 28 then it was cut off & searched & finally caught the 2nd goal in portuguese on a cut-off screen) but is wolfsburg shredding bayern's midfield on the counterattack? and is rode the weakest link? since i have no help from narration or commentary it's harder to see.

--

ps- just read-- schurrle to wolfsburg? AWESOME.

demonrail666 01.30.2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

schurrle to wolfsburg? AWESOME.

The few times I've seen him for Chelsea he's really impressed. Not surprised he's moving on though. He was only ever gonna be an impact sub or cup standby for Mourinho. Rumours he's going for 22m sounds like decent business for both clubs.

!@#$%! 01.30.2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

The few times I've seen him for Chelsea he's really impressed. Not surprised he's moving on though. He was only ever gonna be an impact sub or cup standby for Mourinho. Rumours he's going for 22m sounds like decent business for both clubs.

chelsea is buying cuadrado from fiorentina & by fair play they have to sell, i read.

wolfsburg 3 bayern 1!

--

i mean 4-1~~~!!! DE BRUYNE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY

i am a little sad for bayern but fuck they needed a jolt. they stand in front of the opposite goal making passes to the sides. bernat's goal was only semi-lucky.

--

oh yeah that was a spanking and it is over. bayern's attack ineffectual. why is robben the only one who seems hungry for a goal?

anyway-- the revenge of luiz gustavo. it's over.

!@#$%! 01.30.2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue
I am in California now, I can’t watch the games live either.

That there in the image is actually a plugin for watching games on-demand (but not live).

i figured. in your previous incarnation (which i took for some english guy, ha ha) you were waiting for a yob ther.

so, cricfree saved me today. they had sport-tv from your lands. but the screen was cut off, so the 2nd half i tuned to a german channel.

anyway it's almost friday night and i have a manhattan in hand. i hope you get to enjoy your bay area adventures.

salud!

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 01.31.2015 09:47 AM

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world....

Woo-Hoo! Australia beats Sth. Korea 2-1 to claim the AFC Asian Cup.

It was a good match too. Australia was ahead 1-0 after 90mins and then Korea's Son Heung-min gets one back to level the scores. We got another one during extra time and managed to hold Korea off and win the thing.

I'm not big on soccer outside the World Cup, but this was a really good tense game. 'Sporting Drama at its best' as they say....

h8kurdt 01.31.2015 11:55 AM

Well miracles do happen. Bayern Munich lose and Everton can keep a clean sheet. I better do the lottery tonight with the way things are going.

!@#$%! 01.31.2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny "Magic Fingers"
Meanwhile, on the other side of the world....

Woo-Hoo! Australia beats Sth. Korea 2-1 to claim the AFC Asian Cup.

It was a good match too. Australia was ahead 1-0 after 90mins and then Korea's Son Heung-min gets one back to level the scores. We got another one during extra time and managed to hold Korea off and win the thing.

I'm not big on soccer outside the World Cup, but this was a really good tense game. 'Sporting Drama at its best' as they say....

congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Well miracles do happen. Bayern Munich lose and Everton can keep a clean sheet. I better do the lottery tonight with the way things are going.

dortmund / bayer starts in 30'

here's begging satan for another miracle, i.e., dortmund winning by a lot of goals.

h8kurdt 01.31.2015 12:20 PM

Yeah I'm gonna miss that one. I want to watch Mystery Train before I head on out for some drinks.

!@#$%! 01.31.2015 12:28 PM

^^ the english language streams weren't catching

i'm on satellite internet, remember? and not the 12mbps either, but 5-- it's all they have here.

if it was better i could just resubscribe to klowdtv and run that crime-free

here's to 200kbps flash streams

okay, game is about to start

!@#$%! 01.31.2015 01:20 PM

0-0 at halftime, really contested. bellarabi great on the attack and hummels an ace (this speaks poorly of dortmund's prospects but eh) kevin kampl, new dortmund transfer from salzburg, inaugurates his campaign by getting a yellow card. woohoo! well done, man. on good news, reus is back. on bad news, gundogan isn't.

demonrail666 01.31.2015 01:23 PM

Watching Man City v Chelsea.

1-1 so far. Terrible mistake by Kompany for Chelsea's goal.

Really starting to wonder about Kompany.

!@#$%! 01.31.2015 01:49 PM

kloppo just caged the grosskreutz...

---

and it ends 0-0.

mkhitarian: all flash and no bang
reus: disoriented in the middle
immobile: immobile
the new guy: okay i guess
hummels: pretty great
sahin: lost in space
piszcek: injured out of nowhere (of course!)
the grosskreutz: the grosskreutz

dortmund: at least they didn't lose (but they stay at the bottom)

demonrail666 01.31.2015 02:39 PM

MCv Chelsea finished 1-1. Really good game, despite having no real stand out moments.

The Kompany thing, though. Starting to wonder if he really lives up to his reputation. His being injury prone distracts from the feeling that,even when fully fit, he makes a lot of weird mistakes for a player so universally respected.

h8kurdt 01.31.2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

MCv Chelsea finished 1-1. Really good game, despite having no real stand out moments.

The Kompany thing, though. Starting to wonder if he really lives up to his reputation. His being injury prone distracts from the feeling that,even when fully fit, he makes a lot of weird mistakes for a player so universally respected.

Don't say that! A guy at work for the longest time has maintained that Kompany is shit. I've always disagreed. He's had some bad games recently I'll admit, but you can't deny he's had some great games too.

A team can't win the premier league twice with him being centre back and be shit.

demonrail666 01.31.2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Don't say that! A guy at work for the longest time has maintained that Kompany is shit. I've always disagreed. He's had some bad games recently I'll admit, but you can't deny he's had some great games too.

A team can't win the premier league twice with him being centre back and be shit.

He's obviously not shit but these great games he's meant to have had. I can't remember that many, at least for a player of his standing. I've always really liked him. Just starting to wonder if he's really as good ads he's cracked up to be.

demonrail666 02.01.2015 12:52 PM

He looked excellent. He was probably the standout in the whole game. A prospect definitely, especially with Terry's career drawing to a close.

!@#$%! 02.01.2015 03:22 PM

i knew that man u wanted hummels, but now de bruyne? fuckers...

demonrail666 02.01.2015 03:51 PM

^^Blue

Yeah, I think he could be a fixture till the end of the season. Looks like a possible exit for Cahill, too.

demonrail666 02.01.2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

i knew that man u wanted hummels, but now de bruyne? fuckers...

Seems that they're after just about everyone at the moment. They're worse than Spurs a few years ago.

!@#$%! 02.03.2015 11:16 PM

things got interesting in the bundesliga today as bayern tied 1-1 with schalke today. 2nd bayern non-victory in a row!

wolfsburg tied w/ frankfurt so they didn't close the distance, unfortunately. that would have been fun to see.

and tomorrow dortmund plays vs. augsburg...