Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

knox 04.09.2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
What makes you think the person they're supposedly ignoring cares?

wasn't talking about you.

and I do understand it was just a statement, not a threat of any kind.

Keeping It Simple 04.09.2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
wasn't talking about you.

and I do understand it was just a statement, not a threat of any kind.

I know. But what makes you think if a person is put on ignore by another that they'd care? I personally wouldn't give a damn.

atsonicpark 04.09.2010 06:38 PM

this thread needs more people calling people ugly

akprodr 04.09.2010 07:57 PM

your ugly

akprodr 04.09.2010 08:00 PM

I wonder if any of you NYCers remember this. cheez, about 20 years ago, someone stenciled 'your ugly' on the sidewalks--I saw it midtown--bway and 49th. I always wondered if he actually meant 'your ugly' to make you think about grammar or just mispelled you're ugly or wanted someone to add a word 'your ugly dog'.

nicfit 04.10.2010 04:04 AM

I want to marry you.

pbradley 04.10.2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akprodr
I always wondered if he actually meant 'your ugly' to make you think about grammar or just mispelled you're ugly or wanted someone to add a word 'your ugly dog'.

I imagine that he meant to 'own' your ugliness.

Or maybe its one of those things that are intentionally left open to contemplation.

ploesj 04.10.2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
this thread needs more people calling people ugly

i don't do that. been called ugly so many times by random people i don't know, it does do something to your self-esteem, especially when you're young.

floatingslowly 04.10.2010 10:21 AM

you don't say...

I love being wrong for being right.

EVOLghost 04.10.2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
i don't do that. been called ugly so many times by random people i don't know, it does do something to your self-esteem, especially when you're young.

???????????????? that's fucked up.

But everyone on this board knows that is quite the opposite.

ploesj 04.10.2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
???????????????? that's fucked up.

But everyone on this board knows that is quite the opposite.

yep, total strangers on the street, i would pass them and they'd go all 'oh god, she's hideous!' to each other

once someone drove past me, rolled his car window down and yelled: 'ewwww!! ugly!'. i was fifteen or sixteen.

this stuff still happens fairly often, apparently i'm pretty to some and hideous to others, but i'm fine with how i look now and the people whose opinion i care about don't agree with the ugly part :p so yeah!

_slavo_ 04.10.2010 12:28 PM

you are a very pretty girl, trust me, Anneke.

ploesj 04.10.2010 12:30 PM

thanks slavo, i appreciate that :)

Derek 04.10.2010 12:45 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, who gives a shit what anyone thinks about your looks cause no doubt there is someone out there who does see you as a beautiful person. Don't you have a boyfriend ploesj? He obviously thinks you're attractive in that case.

ploesj 04.10.2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, who gives a shit what anyone thinks about your looks cause no doubt there is someone out there who does see you as a beautiful person. Don't you have a boyfriend ploesj? He obviously thinks you're attractive in that case.

the first thing my boyfriend ever saw of me were my hands, in a video i made of one of my books (we knew each other's work before we met)

when he first saw me i had been lying on a couch all day eating cookies, and still he was impressed. now, when we are both working, i sometimes catch him looking at me for a while, and when he sees i noticed, he just says 'you're so pretty it's fascinating' and continues working.

so yeah, i guess he thinks i'm attractive :D

chicka 04.10.2010 01:00 PM

Why wouldn't he? I certainly think you're attractive from the pictures you've posted. Plus you've got a great personality, I think he's a very lucky man..

DeadDiscoDildo 04.10.2010 04:05 PM

EVOLghost 04.10.2010 04:42 PM

sup lennon.

flophousefloozie 04.10.2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
yep, total strangers on the street, i would pass them and they'd go all 'oh god, she's hideous!' to each other

once someone drove past me, rolled his car window down and yelled: 'ewwww!! ugly!'. i was fifteen or sixteen.

this stuff still happens fairly often, apparently i'm pretty to some and hideous to others, but i'm fine with how i look now and the people whose opinion i care about don't agree with the ugly part :p so yeah!

That's crazy!! I don't see how anyone could think that of you. Maybe they were jealous, and thought you were a stuck up pretty girl, and that was the only way they could make you feel bad...

DeadDiscoDildo 04.10.2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
sup lennon.

lol I know right? no matter what I do, grow a beard, cut my beard, grow some side burns, shave em, cut my hair. Always get lennon

it paid off last night at our show tho ;)