Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

[Sandbag] 11.04.2008 05:54 PM

ugh, just got home.
bought new guitar strings.
who's win the election? is it over yet?

SYRFox 11.04.2008 05:56 PM

hello sandbag!
nope the election's not over yet. it's almost midnight there in france, i've read some article saying there might be some first results in a little more than one hour. definitive results should come in five or six hours i guess - so when I'll wake up tomorrow

al shabbray 11.04.2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
starting it now

yeah yeah yeah
I am addicted to the last two tracks, the other ones are some I dont listen to tht regularly...
did you choose tracks which you listen often?

[Sandbag] 11.04.2008 05:58 PM

seems that Obama is gunna win.
y'all alright?

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
yeah yeah yeah
I am addicted to the last two tracks, the other ones are some I dont listen to tht regularly...
did you choose tracks which you listen often?

depends on the tracks - the efdemin track for instance I listen far too much, I'm in love with the synths that kick in after the intro. some other i don't listen too often. but the playlist came in rather naturally, some choices were kind of obvious in my head.
i'm at 10 min in yr mix right now and it's pretty neat

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Sandbag]
seems that Obama is gunna win.
y'all alright?

yeah i think obama's going to win, though you never know... living thousands of kilometers from USA kind of distords my vision of the election probably. in france, it seems like everybody supports obama (but they still voted for fucking nicolas sarkozy)

--
yep, i'm alright - except that i'm going back to school on Thursday :( and you ?

al shabbray 11.04.2008 06:05 PM

do you know that track? at 10 min?

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:05 PM

nope.so far i feel shameful cause i haven't reckognized anything (though the second track i highly suppose to be either boards of canada or autechre)

al shabbray 11.04.2008 06:06 PM

that track round 10 minutes the calm minimalistic one is lee ranaldo, hahaha
I still cant believe that.
and the one that blends afterwards is the killers vanilla by amon tobin, goood what a killertrack :)

[Sandbag] 11.04.2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
in france, it seems like everybody supports obama (but they still voted for fucking nicolas sarkozy)

haha sad but true

i'm alright. got maths classes yesterday... it sucked, but i met this really pretty girl in there :o

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
that track round 10 minutes the calm minimalistic one is lee ranaldo, hahaha
I still cant believe that.
and the one that blends afterwards is the killers vanilla by amon tobin, goood what a killertrack :)

goddamnit! i didn't reckognize lee ranaldo at all :D

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Sandbag]
haha sad but true

i'm alright. got maths classes yesterday... it sucked, but i met this really pretty girl in there :o

oh oh! :D

al shabbray 11.04.2008 06:13 PM

its a remix he did, called "microchip shit, my clock is analog"!
I needed weeks to recognize while it was playing that its lee, so damn different, ahahah
what do you think bout that tobin track?
if you dig that you definately should check out the foley room

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:16 PM

I liked it. I'll check that album

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:28 PM

that was a very nice mix mister shabbray. there was a few tracks I didn't like but overall it was a really great playlist, and the tracks really fade into others in a fantastic way. if you don't mind, i'd like to have the playlist (if you don't want to put it on there send it to me on pm or whatever :D), there's some things (in particular that hip hop one) i'd really like to check out

al shabbray 11.04.2008 06:32 PM

yes i will do that,
but, Ive putted sometimes a lot of stuff in there, so I am just gonna post the looong tracks, okay?
but give me some time, I need to relisten to remmeber :)

SYRFox 11.04.2008 06:33 PM

okay, no problem :)

al shabbray 11.05.2008 04:43 AM

good morning everyone, all my trains were deleted so Ive got a day off, dont know If I should be happy or not

SYRFox 11.05.2008 08:04 AM

Hello :)

MellySingsDoom 11.05.2008 08:28 AM

Hello everyone too, on a day that we find out that in Jan 09, someone who's not a complete retard will be running the White House - hurray!