Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

gmku 12.09.2009 08:32 AM

LOL! What's wrong with you people? Clarks Desert Boots are a classic.

Glice 12.09.2009 08:50 AM

Astonishingly, I'm with gmku on these. Those are some nice shoes right there. Personally, I wouldn't wear blue jeans with them, but they are at least dark-ish blue. I'm really on my own with my personal vendetta against blue jeans though.

_slavo_ 12.09.2009 08:53 AM

I would buy these because they're nice, though I wouldn't buy them because I tend to get messy with my shoes and they'd start looking like shit after a short while.

gmku 12.09.2009 08:58 AM

Did I mention I have 4 pairs of the suckers. In chocolate, light brown, sand, and the grey/blue shown. I wear them year-round.

gmku 12.09.2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I would buy these because they're nice, though I wouldn't buy them because I tend to get messy with my shoes and they'd start looking like shit after a short while.

They're the kind of shoe that actually look better the more they get worn in. All you really need to do is apply some suede protector spray every so often, and optionally brush them with a suede brush now and then if you want to bring the suede matte back up.

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Fleet foxes AND British Sea Power (Britsh Sea Power played one of the worst shows I ever attended, and in addition they were unbearable poseurs).

You're clearly the irascible type who'll predictably and rather lamely only criticise bands that are enjoyed by others you have umbrage with.

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

that kind of sums up Keeping it Simple's reputation.

Not one for criticism, eh? Life's a bitch, ain't it?

_slavo_ 12.09.2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Not one for criticism, eh? Life's a bitch, ain't it?

Yours clearly must be.

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Yours clearly must be.

I'm beginning to suspect you're the type of person that dislikes criticism to such an extent, it's pathological. I don't blame you, I blame your parents. They should've warned you the world outside can be a cunt.

Glice 12.09.2009 09:43 AM

You're funny. And also wrong. Please die, hilariously.

gmku 12.09.2009 09:46 AM

floatingslowly 12.09.2009 09:48 AM

"the world's a cunt, so put on yr sweater", me mum used to say.

Keeping It Simple 12.09.2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
You're funny. And also wrong. Please die, hilariously.

I wish I was, but it's against my religion to be wrong.

gmku 12.09.2009 09:50 AM

Glice 12.09.2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

I wish I was, but it's against my religion to be wrong.

Evidently your religion doesn't stipulate prohibitions on dying hilariously. Ergo, my point still stands. Off you trot.

ni'k 12.09.2009 09:54 AM

gmku i think those shoes would look better if you wore them with a tighter and lighter blue pair of jeans. really faded blue jeans that are almost white would look great.

_slavo_ 12.09.2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

I'm beginning to suspect you're the type of person that dislikes criticism to such an extent, it's pathological. I don't blame you, I blame your parents. They should've warned you the world outside can be a cunt.

critisism? you call that remark about "being dress as a pseud" a critisism?

you know, for a long time after I joined this board I thought that, as observed by behavior of certain UK posters, prickery coming from an Englishman can only be witty, entertaining and spot-on. But you're proving this theory wrong, because, you fail even at being a prick. In fact I get the impression that you're a very nice person in real life. And maybe you're missing a limb or two.

gmku 12.09.2009 09:59 AM

Thanks for the advice. I don't like really washed out jeans though. Prefer dark rinses these days. btw, I wear these shoes with everything from jeans to cords to khakis of all colors, but this color seems to go especially well with drab/olive green.

gmku 12.09.2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

critisism? you call that remark about "being dress as a pseud" a critisism?

you know, for a long time after I joined this board I thought that, as observed by behavior of certain UK posters, prickery coming from an Englishman can only be witty, entertaining and spot-on. But you're proving this theory wrong, because, you fail even at being a prick. In fact I get the impression that you're a very nice person in real life. And maybe you're missing a limb or two.

floatingslowly 12.09.2009 10:02 AM

I laughed at that bit about Englishmen only being witty and spot on.

we've obviously been reading two different boards, you racist!