Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

knox 12.01.2009 08:34 PM

we all know there are body proportions, right? and we all know how corsets work? the funny thing about that jessica biel photo is that to me, that lady in the background carrying water bottles is way more beautiful and natural. I mean, you could wear a corset, a body shaping lycra ulta tecno thing or undewear that makes your ass stand up, but i imagine it must be quite uncomfortable.

Dead-Air 12.01.2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
I mean, you could wear a corset, a body shaping lycra ulta tecno thing or undewear that makes your ass stand up, but i imagine it must be quite uncomfortable.

I'd rather do that than imagine it myself. in moderation of course.

knox 12.01.2009 10:11 PM

i'd rather imagine.
i have better things to spend my money on, or torture myself with.

Dead-Air 12.01.2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

i'd rather imagine.
i have better things to spend my money on, or torture myself with.

fair enough. if you've accidentally bought any of that stuff, send it to me.

knox 12.01.2009 10:20 PM

i havent but i might have some earrings for you?

Dead-Air 12.01.2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

i havent but i might have some earrings for you?

no, I don't do piercings or tats. too well represented by the rest of the populace.

knox 12.01.2009 10:34 PM

what about necklaces and wigs?

Dead-Air 12.01.2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

what about necklaces and wigs?

in moderation. masks and dresses are still my favorite things, but I'm thinking that underwear that forces one to behave is something I need to experiment with now. thanks for that.

I'd wear any wig you wore first just to be turned on by all of the residual brain waves, btw.

knox 12.02.2009 06:03 AM

oh, show us your masks, i love masks!

someone gave me some wigs, but they are all too mullety.

Rob Instigator 12.02.2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

we all know there are body proportions, right? and we all know how corsets work? the funny thing about that jessica biel photo is that to me, that lady in the background carrying water bottles is way more beautiful and natural..

sorry knox but that is a ridiculous statement. jessica biel is a performer, an actor, and her JOB is to be as made up as poissible, looking a sfabulous as possible, when she goes out to promote her movies. that chick with the water bottles is beautiful., but if you let the team of people that put jessica biel together (makeup, clothing, hair, etc.) go to work on her she would look just as glam and "fake" and whatever.

funny how posting pictures iof chunky chicks with big butts gets me grief from people who say that it is ugly and gross and nasty and "her as sis too big" and then posting pics of skinny chicks gets the same reaction! TYoo skinny, too thin, too waif, ooohh.

weird stuff the internets.

Rob Instigator 12.02.2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
and anyway. fuck if her body is real. it looks like the body of a twat trying to look exactly like how a twat would want to look, as if they are permanently living in an advertisement.

why would you want to look like that? "oh wow you look so exactly what is supposed to look good! i'm so fucking impressed at the amount of time and self hatred you must spend on maintaining it."

a "twat" is a vagina. so yr calling her a vagina? that is straight sexist! sexist!!!

Dead-Air 12.02.2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

oh, show us your masks, i love masks!

someone gave me some wigs, but they are all too mullety.

There are dozens of pictures of me on here and in this very thread in masks. I was starting to take shit for not showing my face for a while and decided to experiment a bit with that. You want me in masks (and dresses)? Here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deadair/sets/1409930/

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.02.2009 10:44 AM

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.02.2009 10:44 AM

knox 12.02.2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sorry knox but that is a ridiculous statement. jessica biel is a performer, an actor, and her JOB is to be as made up as poissible, looking a sfabulous as possible, when she goes out to promote her movies. that chick with the water bottles is beautiful., but if you let the team of people that put jessica biel together (makeup, clothing, hair, etc.) go to work on her she would look just as glam and "fake" and whatever.

funny how posting pictures iof chunky chicks with big butts gets me grief from people who say that it is ugly and gross and nasty and "her as sis too big" and then posting pics of skinny chicks gets the same reaction! TYoo skinny, too thin, too waif, ooohh.

weird stuff the internets.

the way i see its her job to perform and act, being made up is not necessarily a part of it. perhaps what it says about me is that i personally prefer people who look more natural rather than all glammed up. If the girl would look just as glammed up as the celebrity if she had a team doing that, then why am I supposed to worship the celebrity's "beauty" any more than I do hers, when I can see through that. But that is just me, I am more interested in real people than celebrities, this whole celebrity worshipping never really got to me. I am not interested in that commercial fantasy of a public persona.

as for the internets, i am not criticizing you, you can post whatever you like but you can't expect everyone to like it. Perhaps they just don't expect this to be a forum where you will be seeing photos of half naked women all around.

It doesn't bother me, you are entitled to post anything, but as for womens bodies we're already bombarded with them everywhere else, so for me it's just like ..... butt butt butt whatever butt tits let's just scroll down hoping to find something else.

wellcharge 12.02.2009 11:09 AM

she won't get as much work if she isn't all glamorous,you go to a premiere dressed really nice and then get more famous and in demand, that's how it works in hollywood is that you act like a star all the time so people will consider you one,and then you get paid like one.it probably wouldn't be bad for her to not get hired since her movies are all crap and she def. has enough money to retire

knox 12.02.2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
she won't get as much work if she isn't all glamorous,you go to a premiere dressed really nice and then get more famous and in demand, that's how it works in hollywood is that you act like a star all the time so people will consider you one,and then you get paid like one.it probably wouldn't be bad for her to not get hired since her movies are all crap and she def. has enough money to retire

i understand.
im just saying its not necessarily her job.

by the way, dead air, cool photos.

wellcharge 12.02.2009 11:13 AM

but she won't have a job if she doesn't do it. for mainstream actors premieres,entertainment tonight,people magazine and all that crap is basically job interviews

knox 12.02.2009 11:16 AM

well if i had that much money at this point i would probably be walking around in sweatpants and flip flops, doing nothing all day.

im not saying that she is wrong to do whatever she is required to do, im just saying in an ideal world people would just stick to their jobs and not be demanded to play this fucking persona 24/7.

wellcharge 12.02.2009 11:26 AM

absolutely,the whole celebrity scene is really the lowest common denominator of entertainment