Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drug Problems (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24603)

This Is Not Here 08.23.2008 03:34 PM

Speed is often laced with glucose, if you count that getting ripped off. Pure speed should have a yellowish discolouration.

This Is Not Here 08.23.2008 03:35 PM

Speed

The Best Damn Cup Of Coffee You'll Ever Have!!

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
me on speed is like me on a really good day x 200000000
julian was laughing his ass off at me being so jolly and talkative

it's not the same if i do coke though, it's like me on a not so good day plus extra paranoia and edginess. like i won't be in a bad mood, i'll just be a lot more reactive to things that don't really matter and be a bitch to everyone. honestly comparing coke and speed just based upon my own experience i don't know why anyone would ever do blow.

Yeah, I hear you on the coke - Dad Melly stopped doing it for those reasons, and I've met far too many cokeheads to having nothing but a downer on the whole thing now. If I could still cope with it (which as you know, is a big no-no for me), it'd be hash and mushrooms for me all the way now.

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Speed is often laced with glucose, if you count that getting ripped off. Pure speed should have a yellowish discolouration.

i didn't know that because i've never really dealt with the shit before but i trust the people i get drugs from.
there's still some on my coffee table and yeah it looks kinda yellow
i would have thought it should be white but i guess i learned something today
the cocaine that most people are getting (in america, anyway) is so cut it's ridiculous.

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 03:43 PM

^^^Ecstasy in England since 1991 is a total joke - the going rate for a pure tab then was £60/$120 - cheaper E's were laced with strychnine and other shit (no joke)...

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 03:43 PM

are you fucking shitting me? it's like $15 or $20 here.

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 03:45 PM

Not at all - there has been NO pure E's since then in the UK. I'd say that your stuff in the States is totally messed with. I cannot believe that £7-£10 will buy you a pure Ecstasy tab - most likely, it's been cut heavily with meth :(

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 03:48 PM

i took it and i got really really high and i paid $20 for it
i'm sure they cut it with something, they had to have. i can't even imagine what pure e would be like.

This Is Not Here 08.23.2008 03:49 PM

I pay similar to Cantankerous's US prices, I understand that it used to be vastly more powerful, and that I'm buying it laced with something else, but it still does the trick - not sure I actually WANT anything more powerful. However in light on it being very weak I'd only ever take two pills or more.

This Is Not Here 08.23.2008 03:50 PM

Last week cost £10 for 2 pills of E and like 3/4 gram of speed. How good is that?

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 03:50 PM

i don't wanna get like so wasted that i don't remember my name or where i am
that's never any fun

Quote:

Last week cost £10 for 2 pills of E and like 3/4 gram of speed. How good is that?

sounds like a good deal to me

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 03:51 PM

C - Someone I know really well has taken pure E, and they say it is TOTALLY amazing - no come-down, no need to drink and smoke, you can dance for days, and erotic-wise, the tactile touch thing is meant to be incredible. I have never taken E's in London, but would be seriously tempted to stump up the coin in somewhere like Amsterdam, where it is expensive but most relialble :)

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 03:56 PM

oh man
i gotta do that now too

the only thing i would never ever ever ever do is smoke crack because i know i would probably be like THIS IS AWESOME and turn into a crackhead. and also i am not amy winehouse.

This Is Not Here 08.23.2008 03:59 PM

ATTN Melly: Slimes next weekend?

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 04:00 PM

C- Winehouse, eh? "BLAAAAAKKKE! Mah incarcerated BLAAAKKEEE!"

I would never do smack, for your crack reasons. And I am nowhere near as cool as William Burroughs, Nick Cave or Rowland S Howard.

(Off topic: Wasn't Burroughs born and raised in Cantankers Croydon (St Louis)?)

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

ATTN Melly: Slimes next weekend?

Saturday? I should be OK for that, but me no drugging, just on the booze and many fags. Is that OK? :)

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
C- Winehouse, eh? "BLAAAAAKKKE! Mah incarcerated BLAAAKKEEE!"

I would never do smack, for your crack reasons. And I am nowhere near as cool as William Burroughs, Nick Cave or Rowland S Howard.

(Off topic: Wasn't Burroughs born and raised in Cantankers Croydon (St Louis)?)

um yeah he was from stl actually
he's buried there, i think i went to his grave for some reason once

MellySingsDoom 08.23.2008 04:07 PM

C - I am a MASSIVE Burroughs fan - me and demonraill had a bit of a convo about him last night between Guinness supping...BTW, did you manage to check out those Burroughs films? If not, check 'em out with Julian - you'll totally be into them.

This Is Not Here 08.23.2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Saturday? I should be OK for that, but me no drugging, just on the booze and many fags. Is that OK? :)

Yeah of course dude, I think Slimelight is probably a designated non-drug night next week. I'll be getting there around 2.00-3.00 am due to being at a Goth club earlier in the evening. No doubt I will see you in the smoking area.

Cantankerous 08.23.2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

C - I am a MASSIVE Burroughs fan - me and demonraill had a bit of a convo about him last night between Guinness supping...BTW, did you manage to check out those Burroughs films? If not, check 'em out with Julian - you'll totally be into them.

oh, no i didn't, i forgot about those
i'll remember eventually